IGNORED

Jagielka

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/28/arsenal-phil-jagielka-juan-mata

Why would we need to replace him at all? What is the point in bringing these young defenders in, developing them, and then never blooding him?

Play Heitinga with Distin and start blooding a youngster, and spend the money on the left wing and/or a striker. Where we actually need it. There's no point selling a defender and buying another defender when we need to sell to buy in areas that need improving.

http://www.guardian....ielka-juan-mata

Why would we need to replace him at all? What is the point in bringing these young defenders in, developing them, and then never blooding him?

Play Heitinga with Distin and start blooding a youngster, and spend the money on the left wing and/or a striker. Where we actually need it. There's no point selling a defender and buying another defender when we need to sell to buy in areas that need improving.

this!

spot on mate

this!

spot on mate

They've all said it but i completely agree. If we were offered closer to £20m, and could hijack the N'zog deal, i'd be happy. If not, then we'll have to put the money else where, but i'd hope it was reinvested in the playing squad.

exactly this, more than happy with Heits and im sure will go some way to keeping him happy at the club (wasnt he starting to get a bit p'd off at the end of last season with his lack of action?) .. plus i guess we still have Yobo as cover... :leggit:

I'd love us to scupper N'zogs move to Villa but in todays market in form or not Jags is worth more then £12/13 mil. If Wenger wants him and rates him highly he will pay the money if not we move on.

Players like Jags are a rare breed in todays game and lets face it if he went how much would Moyes get to spend dry.png

Would anybody take the £12 mil now so we could hijack N'zogbia, or rather wait it out and look else where?

Not a chance. When you are Everton are you have to sell to buy, you must realise all the potential when bigger, richer clubs start circling. £18 million is the first point we should consider and not a penny less than that.

Now that I know NZogbia is undergoing a medical and we will miss out, I would play hardball and get as much as I could. My guess is they will go for Cahill with 1 year left on his contract and more years ahead of him. Wenger paying £18m for a near 29 year old ain't gonna happen. £15m I think will be his max bid...

Unless, and this is a big unless, we can use the money and buy Adam Johnson for £15m....

I didn't think that was a good article....

First he said Jags would fit perfectly into the team better than cahill and samba, then he said that jags is better in the air, than the two Arsenal centerbacks, and is technically superior but he wouldn't start. huh.png Finally he said he would be the perfect partner for vermaelen but in the end the Cahill and Samba are better options, and the only real reason was because he wasn't tall enough blink.png

I didn't think that was a good article....

First he said Jags would fit perfectly into the team better than cahill and samba, then he said that jags is better in the air, than the two Arsenal centerbacks, and is technically superior but he wouldn't start. huh.png Finally he said he would be the perfect partner for vermaelen but in the end the Cahill and Samba are better options, and the only real reason was because he wasn't tall enough blink.png

It also said Jagielka is a "ball playing centre back" :D

I wouldnt let Jagielka go for anywhere near that amount, well the lowest would be £20mil. 29 is a good age for a CB and he will comfortably have another 4-5 years in the game (bar injuries). Would Ferguson get rid of Ferdinand or Chelsea get rid of Terry? Would they fuck... CB is a position all about experience, leadership and reading the game. Granted he wasnt at his best last season but he was still one of the best English CB's in the country, if not the best.

Thanks but no thanks Mr Wenger.

http://www.fansfc.com/SpeculationDetails/13332.html

I strongly believe we'll sell Jagielka tbh.

I don't think Moyes wants to sell him but I think his hand is being forced by the board. I don't mean they're selling Jags beind his back or anything like that, but while the board cannot or will not provide Moyes with the funds to buy any players then he needs to do something.

I know a lot of people on here don't rate him, but I'd be happy if we'd get Bendtner (if we can afford his wages) and £8 mil, so we can still sort some kind of deal out for a winger. Preferably Adam Johnson. By the way, it says on SSN that Mancini wants another midfielder and another winger (probably Fiorentina's Alessio Cerci according to La Gazzetta dello Sport). Hopefully that means he'll be willing to part with Johnson.

Bendtner is a average player with an ego the size of the moon, I would never want to have him at Everton. I would just take 18+ which would allow us to buy 2 good players and maybe Moyes can find a another Tim Cahill or Arteta player from somewhere else.

I think it's mostly the part in bold that makes people think Bendtner is average. In times where a Championship striker costs £8mil, we're not going to get any striker as good as Bendtner. He's strong, he's a great header and he's got good pace and skill. Way better than Beckford or the Yak IMO. And he's still a young guy too at 23.

Edited by Steve_E

I'd be surprised if he signed both... I'll really be pissed if we see Jags and don't get to use the entirety of his transfer fee on a new player or two. Probably won't happen though seeing as the ownership will probably use some of it for the debt

Edited by TonkaRoost