IGNORED

Jagielka

• 3 months later...

i'd take 15 for him right now...he's been dog shit and stick johnny next to distin

Don't be silly Marco, this is Moyes we're talking about so Johnny would continue in midfield and Neville or Hibbert would play alongside Distin :P.

There's nothing like a square peg in a round hole for old Moyesy.

Edited by Romey 1878

i'd take 15 for him right now...he's been dog shit and stick johnny next to distin

it's a bit backwards innit :P:P:P

A dip in form and lets sell him? sure lets sell Arteta whilst we are at it.

Johny wants out so i am sure where every we put him his heart wont be in it.

it's a bit backwards innit :P:P:P

A dip in form and lets sell him? sure lets sell Arteta whilst we are at it.

Johny wants out so i am sure where every we put him his heart wont be in it.

ahh shut up with your backwards you :lol:

it is a dip in form but i just worry if he will get it back i mean he never set the world alight before he came to us and maybe it was just a prolonged purple patch..he doesn't look comfortable playing with distin even though a partner who is playing alongside him should as he has been immense and should put confidence into anyone..plus the fact he is the WORST ball playing defender i have ever seen! 15mill is a good price for him i'd say when we have johnny too but you're right it's more likely he will leave as he doesn't seem happy at all

Couldnt resist sorry :rolleyes:

its been some purple patch if that is the case though, you could say he hasnt been the same since his injury and the same could be said of Arteta also, neither have played consistantly at the level we have come to expect since their return at the tail end of last season??

it is a dip in form but i just worry if he will get it back i mean he never set the world alight before he came to us and maybe it was just a prolonged purple patch..he doesn't look comfortable playing with distin even though a partner who is playing alongside him should as he has been immense and should put confidence into anyone..plus the fact he is the WORST ball playing defender i have ever seen! 15mill is a good price for him i'd say when we have johnny too but you're right it's more likely he will leave as he doesn't seem happy at all

I wouldnt say I agree with the bit in bold.

Admittedly he is hoofing it constantly and aimlessly at the moment but I certainly wouldnt say he is crap at playing it out from the back.

When he was playing for England he very rarely looked long and generally played a lot of good passes into the midfield. Personally I think it is more a case of bad tactics and a lack of movement from the central midfield pairing. I would hedge a bet that he hoofs it a lot less with Fellaini back in the holding role.

man it's not the hoofin i have an issue with(i do but not in this case) it's the fact the guy can't seem to pass it 10-15 yards sometimes! i bet a sizeable percentage of his passes go to the opposition..and i don't mean hoofs i mean passes

I do admit that he hasnt exactly been accurate as of late, but I bet a lot of the misplaced passes were because he had someone pressuring him and no-one wanted to move in the midfield. He hasnt suddenly become a bad passer, more likely a lack of form combined with a lack of movement in front of him.

he hasn't suddenly become a bad passer no cos in my view he was never good to become bad

I would never say he has been a brilliant passer but IMO he is no worse than any other CB. At the end of the day he was also a midfielder in his earlier years so he cant be that bad with the ball. Or I guess you could say that is why he has moved back into defence!

do you remember him playin in midfield for us? fuck me he is worse than johnny has been this year! granted there aren't many cb's who are great passers because that isn't their priority but you get an odd few and we have one in heitinga..he can ping 50 yard passes to feet like beckham can! i'm not sayin i want that all the time i just wouldn't mind jags bein able to pass it 15 yards on the floor to a blue shirt!

do you remember him playin in midfield for us? fuck me he is worse than johnny has been this year! granted there aren't many cb's who are great passers because that isn't their priority but you get an odd few and we have one in heitinga..he can ping 50 yard passes to feet like beckham can! i'm not sayin i want that all the time i just wouldn't mind jags bein able to pass it 15 yards on the floor to a blue shirt!

Haha yeh I do but what I remember the most is that he was a complete headless chicken! However I also remember him briefly at Sheff Utd where he seemed to do alright, although he was also the back up keeper there!

I certainly agree about Heitinga but again, if you see him under pressure then his passes are wayward. I personally dont think he is a s bad as you make out but I also wouldnt mind him being more accurate! In fact I wisht he whole bloody team would be more accurate!

• 2 months later...

this is just becoming quite funny now, does anyone else think that maybe its all some sort of build up, so that when Fabio finally gets the boot, and Del boy steps up to take the hot seat, that maybe Moyes might be heading down that way? they seem to want most of our fucking team ffs, might aswell have the manager aswell

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To Arse?

Arsenal are now in advanced negotiations with three key targets, Phil Jagielka, Gervinho and Ricky Alvarez, but many fans feel that Wenger, due to his distaste for the kind of "financial doping" he sees at other clubs, is too loyal to the principle of developing talent rather than simply buying it in.

from Dan Roan, Correspondent for BBC Sports News.