IGNORED

Jagielka

• 2 weeks later...

Fabregas has been sold to Barcelona. I hope this means Arsenal make an improved offer for Jagielka. If you analyse our squad neutrally, there is no other option than selling. We simply can't refuse (let's say) £18 mil. We have an aging squad that needs to be revitalized and we can't buy unless we sell.

Louis Saha is 33 and has admitted he already considered quitting last year. If he quits, we have no decent striker and no money to replace him. Distin is turning 34 in a couple of months. Maybe we can get two more seasons out of him? Neville is turning 35 in January, Cahill is turning 32 in december. Osman is 30, Arteta 29. I'd say we even need to sell two +£15mil players in the next few seasons. I think we only have 4 players that could command such a fee: Baines, Jagielka, Fellaini and Rodwell. No one in his right mind is going to offer that kind of money for Rodwell after the season he's had. Same goes for Fellaini due to his injury absence. We shouldn't sell Baines. So for me Jagielka is the one who needs to go now. We should invest the money we get for him in two quality wingers. If Rodwell can show he can turn into the player some saw in him this season and Fellaini has an injury free season, we should sell Fellaini for +£20mil next summer and invest his fee in a striker (or even two) and a defender. Bilyaletdinov, Yobo and Yakubu still need to go as well of course. If we can invest the money we'd get for them (I'm guessing about £10 mil) in other players because we should keep on to them otherwise. We already have a small squad.

Not selling Jagielka because the banks would just take the money is one thing. Not selling him if we were able to put the money back into the squad is another.

Surely Heitinga could slot straight in, or even Yobo?

Even as a business, it could make sense to sell Jags and get rid of 20m of debt even if I originally thought it might be pointless. If the right offer comes in, then surely he will go.

Edited by Avinalaff

at the same time if we pay the 18 or 20 mill off the debt, you would have to hope that next season Moyes is given a % of the TV money to strengthen? as the loan repayments etc have reduced? its a catch 22 I guess and hard to know which route is the best long term.

i mean more the idea of selling players to put the money into debt.

selling players to buy players is hard enough, but is the options we are stuck with.

the young lads clearly arent good enough yet in moyes opinion or they would have had more game time.

Edited by StevO

boys bad news and i hope its not true,ive heard today jags will be sold on the last day of the transfer window for 15 million

worse still the money will go straight to phillip green,hes pulling his money back in,

even worse its said moyes is fuming and will walk if it happens.

I hope it's as reliable as your news about us signing Owen :P.

boys bad news and i hope its not true,ive heard today jags will be sold on the last day of the transfer window for 15 million

worse still the money will go straight to phillip green,hes pulling his money back in,

even worse its said moyes is fuming and will walk if it happens.

mellow.png no source? Or did you just wake up sweating after a bad dream?

there is a source but i cant give that out,hopfully if moyes threatens to walk it might stop a deal being done,or is this latest loan to cover jags leaving ie onohua.

sorry, but if Moyes walks on the last day of the window because of some stupid transfer bollocks, then he's a proper cunt imo, if Moyes wants(wanted) to leave then he has had plenty of time already to do it, to leave it till the end of August is just nasty, i really hope your source is the same as the Owen one Patto, plz

no matter what happens now surely you cant blame moyes hes been pushed to the limit in the last couple of seasons.supposedly its phillip green who is the cunt hes seen his arse and wants his money back,maybe this latest loan is to repay green.

really? so Green has finally decided to rear his ugly head then? well its typical isn't it, right at the worst time, what a bloody mess we are in, seriously