IGNORED

Jagielka

Yes from me, then bring on martins indi. Real attachment to him but if moyes puts up a real offer it'd be hard to turn down.

If we needed the money, I'd agree. But, we don't need the cash and we do need some sense of continuity during all this change. Our current captain is vital to that, at least until next summer.

Edited by Matt

If we needed the money, I'd agree. But, we don't need the cash and we do need some sense of continuity during all this change. Our current captain is vital to that, at least until next summer.

Exactly, hes a very popular figure in the dressing room. Need to keep people around like that.

See the video of him at half time at Wembley with Ross, that's why we need him.

Edited by StevO

Guest rusty747

I love Jags but if we get both Williams and Kone I can see Jags getting splinters in his arse on the bench for much of the season.

But that is a measure of the calibre of player we can now sign.

Think he's meant to do another couple years at the club and make 20-30 appearances each year rather than start every week given his age and fitness. Still a leader and a great player on the pitch who has a role to play here.

that's fine with me, but i hate captains on the bench. complete waste of the armband, they need to be on the pitch. give it to barry if jags isn't starting.

I wouldn't like to see us actively get rid of him but if someone put a decent offer on the table for him then I would seriously consider it. It would be a bit of an upheaval at this late stage but lets face it, this year is about getting our shit together and will we be looking to Jags to lead us for the two seasons after that? Probably not.

Guest rusty747

I wouldn't like to see us actively get rid of him but if someone put a decent offer on the table for him then I would seriously consider it. It would be a bit of an upheaval at this late stage but lets face it, this year is about getting our shit together and will we be looking to Jags to lead us for the two seasons after that? Probably not.

I know what you mean but there are a lot of changes in personnel already and I think a degree of continuity is important. If we get Kone then I can only see Jags getting 15-20 games and maybe leaving at the end of this season. But for now, he has a role to play - on and off the pitch.

Guest rusty747

Pleased to hear it but I can't see Jags getting too many starts if we sign Kone - unless we go with a back three. And even then I think it might be Kone Williams Mori.

here is what ron said

There is no way Jagielka will leave the club if you count our centre-backs.

If he'd have left it as "there is no way Jagielka will leave the club" I'd presume he still wants him. To say "if you count our centre backs" - that indicates to me he'll only be cover this season and another centre back or two come in then he'd be surplus.

If he'd have left it as "there is no way Jagielka will leave the club" I'd presume he still wants him. To say "if you count our centre backs" - that indicates to me he'll only be cover this season and another centre back or two come in then he'd be surplus.

i thought the same thing and almost typed it out but just left it. I think if Kone comes in and maybe Martins Indi or something Jags will go. But as is, he's here till then.