IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Cracking goal by fellaini. Chest control was superb.

Exactly, almost looked like he was back at Everton.

Thank-you for not mentioning the thing that popped straight into my head, "...if only Rom could do that...".

Felli's first goal for them I think, pleased for him because I still have a soft spot, but fucked off United are back in it.

West Bromwich are a handy side. Irvine has got them playing some good stuff and Berahino is developing into a decent striker. Not the type to be involved all the time but he has sharp movement, reads the game and can finish.

I didn't think Utd where that bad either. Obviously they are crap at the back. Shaw and Rojo are probably worse than Rafael and Jones tbh and I still think Herera and Blind are a bit too lightweight which will probably stand out even more at the weekend against Chelsea. Obviously Di Maria is on another level, RVP is still sharp and Matt has his moments (but on the whole hasn't lived up to expectations). It will be interesting to see how they do in the second half of the season.

West Bromwich are a handy side. Irvine has got them playing some good stuff and Berahino is developing into a decent striker. Not the type to be involved all the time but he has sharp movement, reads the game and can finish.

I didn't think Utd where that bad either. Obviously they are crap at the back. Shaw and Rojo are probably worse than Rafael and Jones tbh and I still think Herera and Blind are a bit too lightweight which will probably stand out even more at the weekend against Chelsea. Obviously Di Maria is on another level, RVP is still sharp and Matt has his moments (but on the whole hasn't lived up to expectations). It will be interesting to see how they do in the second half of the season.

I'm sure he has, given he's about to become a dad, but we're talking football here :P.

Liverpool v Real Madrid (19:45 BST)

"The choice of Bon Jovi's 'Livin' On A Prayer' over Anfield's public address system has been taken by some as a message to Liverpool's defence - so vulnerable this season - as they prepare to face Real Madrid's attacking force of Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and James Rodriguez."

• _74831967_gary_lineker-13.jpg
    Gary Lineker

BBC Sport

Posted at

"We might have to stop pretending that the Premier League's the strongest in the world. Most entertaining it may be, but La Liga is stronger."

On the basis of a supreme Spanish team beating a mid-table English one? Ridiculous conclusion.

The worst thing for Liverpool is that Madrid havent been very good. They are very soft at the back, they dont press the ball in midfield and yet they have still wasted countless opportunities on the counter.

The link up play between Lallana, Sterling and Coutinho is very good though, they just cant finish the move off.