IGNORED

Dream Team - Future edition*

Lowensda

• 2 weeks later...

And still....Leon Gortezka. I would move heaven and earth for Everton to sign him. Genuinely, he, Barkley and McCarthy would be as good (shocking but potentially better) than our famed 'Holy Trinity' and i dont say that lightly. He will be EVERYTHING you could ever want from a defensive centre midfielder. I have a respect for Liverpoo but genuinly, should they sign him, i'll break something.

In Germany's 30 man provisional squad :( no chance now, he is going to be brilliant!!

Gone to a small club....

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-03-27/barcelona-tie-up-deal-for-croatian-wonderkid-alen-halilovic/

....Barca!

Get him on loan next year :D

Pete, going back to Halilovic.

With the transfer embargo that's gone on at Barca, would it be possible to get Halilovic on loan, if he doesn't technically register as a Barca player, until after their embargo has finished in 2015?

So, Barca could still buy him, not play him (under the ban) but loan him out immediately to another team? Would and could that happen? Or will Halilovic just not move and stay at Zagreb?

If anyone knows how that would work, be open to hearing.

Pete, going back to Halilovic.

With the transfer embargo that's gone on at Barca, would it be possible to get Halilovic on loan, if he doesn't technically register as a Barca player, until after their embargo has finished in 2015?

So, Barca could still buy him, not play him (under the ban) but loan him out immediately to another team? Would and could that happen? Or will Halilovic just not move and stay at Zagreb?

If anyone knows how that would work, be open to hearing.

The embargo has been suspended pending the appeal anyway so they can make signings.

• 1 year later...

Going to Man City :'(

Wasted of a talent.

A lot of talent is going to be wasted because of them just because they need to get their English quota up.

This quota has been introduced with the best of intentions but I can only see it having a negative impact tbh.

A lot of talent is going to be wasted because of them just because they need to get their English quota up.

This quota has been introduced with the best of intentions but I can only see it having a negative impact tbh.

Absolute. To be fair mate, when I saw your post, I thought you may have referred to this....

He'll probably sign for someone like Chelsea in the next year and never develop at all.

But you're absolutely right. The bright lights on this occasion are not good for young players anymore. Look at Grealish (Tenerife aside). He'll flourish at Villa, because he'll play. Best thing for him is to stay there until he's one of the best.

negative for them, positive for clubs like us. he'll be available in 2-3 years after seeing little to no time and they have given up on him. instead of overpaying for him we'll get him on a steal and he will get his confidence back and be great.

get your payday now roberts, because it will be back to 40k a week with us :rofl:

negative for them, positive for clubs like us. he'll be available in 2-3 years after seeing little to no time and they have given up on him. instead of overpaying for him we'll get him on a steal and he will get his confidence back and be great.

get your payday now roberts, because it will be back to 40k a week with us :rofl:

Doesn't work like that though.

He moves to City, gets £80k a week. 3 Years down the line, no matter how shite he's been, he wants more than £80k.

We've been priced out by many a player. As a most recent example, Podolski is on £110k a week? You think he'd take a 50% cut to join us at the end of his career? Not a chance.

Doesn't work like that though.

He moves to City, gets £80k a week. 3 Years down the line, no matter how shite he's been, he wants more than £80k.

We've been priced out by many a player. As a most recent example, Podolski is on £110k a week? You think he'd take a 50% cut to join us at the end of his career? Not a chance.

then it has nothing to do with the clubs, it has to do with players greed and ten there is nothing we or any other club can do to stop that.

then podolski can have fun playing in russia where its subpar footy with ex prima donnas and locals, have fun dude, bring a coat.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Buts what I'm saying. Its not a positive for us. Its negative. We'll forever be priced out for these young players because their expectations go from Academy wages to astronomical in a matter of months.

Look at Odegaard at Real. Do you think clubs like ours could afford a young player like that, on £80k a week, post contract, looking for 100/120? In short. No.

You're right that's there's nothing we can do but we just HOPE that the new wave of kids realise the importantance of experience and development, before making the jump (and missing 2 steps in the process).

So it really is a negative, when the kids chase the bright lightslights so quick.

Buts what I'm saying. Its not a positive for us. Its negative. We'll forever be priced out for these young players because their expectations go from Academy wages to astronomical in a matter of months.

Look at Odegaard at Real. Do you think clubs like ours could afford a young player like that, on £80k a week, post contract, looking for 100/120? In short. No.

You're right that's there's nothing we can do but we just HOPE that the new wave of kids realise the importantance of experience and development, before making the jump (and missing 2 steps in the process).

So it really is a negative, when the kids chase the bright lightslights so quick.

I wish they would too , Ten but there's one word why they wont..,

Agents.

then it has nothing to do with the clubs, it has to do with players greed and ten there is nothing we or any other club can do to stop that.

then podolski can have fun playing in russia where its subpar footy with ex prima donnas and locals, have fun dude, bring a coat.

You can't chalk it up to a player's greed. If they are accustomed to a certain pay grade, they'll be reluctant to consider making peanuts in comparison. I know this isn't the most applicable analogy (because there really isn't a profession that approximates professional athlete), but say you work somewhere where you feel you are undervalued, but you are well-paid. Your options, after testing the job market are to either stay put where you are comfortable, take a job for similar pay in a city/country you've never lived in at a place you are unsure about, or to take a job for less pay where you'll be valued in a new place that you have some familiarity with. There are a multitude of factors you would consider: quality of life, standard of living, what your family/spouse want, local environment, language, the social landscape, schools for children (if you have them), distance from family, pay, ability to move up, appreciation at work, etc.

It's not just greed for you. Why should it be for an athlete?

Also, you can't ignore the institutional structure of employment as a footballer here. This is a profession with a very short window of opportunity for players to make money. You're only at peak physical condition for so many years, and you never know when you could have a career-destroying injury. Only a handful of players get to have steady careers at the top level that last more than a few years. I can't say that it's greedy to want to maximize what you can get, financially, from something you've been working for your entire life and in which you and others have very few opportunities.

It certainly sucks for us fans who just want to see our club succeed and hate seeing the deck stacked against us, though.

This is why CBAs and salary caps are annoying but ultimately good, institutionally, for American sports. It's likely impossible to implement something similar across UEFA though. If one country did it, there would just be a talent drain out of it unless others followed suit. But, why would they, when their league just became the top dog?

Anyhow, I've probably gotten off topic here.

great point, i honestly wouldn't want that spoiled brat or his dad here anyways, he's a bitch and i want men on the pitch. that rhymed.

You Yanks hate those Commie bastards doncha :lol:

lol, first league that came to mind that does that honestly. could go to MLS to be the big thing and star in a subpar league with stevie G too, just was trying to make a point :)

You can't chalk it up to a player's greed. If they are accustomed to a certain pay grade, they'll be reluctant to consider making peanuts in comparison. I know this isn't the most applicable analogy (because there really isn't a profession that approximates professional athlete), but say you work somewhere where you feel you are undervalued, but you are well-paid. Your options, after testing the job market are to either stay put where you are comfortable, take a job for similar pay in a city/country you've never lived in at a place you are unsure about, or to take a job for less pay where you'll be valued in a new place that you have some familiarity with. There are a multitude of factors you would consider: quality of life, standard of living, what your family/spouse want, local environment, language, the social landscape, schools for children (if you have them), distance from family, pay, ability to move up, appreciation at work, etc.

It's not just greed for you. Why should it be for an athlete?

Also, you can't ignore the institutional structure of employment as a footballer here. This is a profession with a very short window of opportunity for players to make money. You're only at peak physical condition for so many years, and you never know when you could have a career-destroying injury. Only a handful of players get to have steady careers at the top level that last more than a few years. I can't say that it's greedy to want to maximize what you can get, financially, from something you've been working for your entire life and in which you and others have very few opportunities.

It certainly sucks for us fans who just want to see our club succeed and hate seeing the deck stacked against us, though.

This is why CBAs and salary caps are annoying but ultimately good, institutionally, for American sports. It's likely impossible to implement something similar across UEFA though. If one country did it, there would just be a talent drain out of it unless others followed suit. But, why would they, when their league just became the top dog?

Anyhow, I've probably gotten off topic here.

honestly joe i've taken many pay cuts and moved to do work that i love for less money. money doesn't make you happy contrary to what the footballers think. i'd rather work for 50k a year and be happy than make 5m a year and not be. i did that for a time and realized really quickly that it wasn't worth it. unfortunately for these footballers, they're still children and often make the decision like roberts to "go for the money" meanwhile his career will nose dive and he will be micah richards/guidetti in 2-3 years. you'd think he would jsut look at their former youth players and see the pattern, but i guess money talks right?

i guess through all this its ten is right it is negative. good banter here though, always glad to be proved wrong.

Edited by markjazzbassist

honestly joe i've taken many pay cuts and moved to do work that i love for less money. money doesn't make you happy contrary to what the footballers think. i'd rather work for 50k a year and be happy than make 5m a year and not be. i did that for a time and realized really quickly that it wasn't worth it. unfortunately for these footballers, they're still children and often make the decision like roberts to "go for the money" meanwhile his career will nose dive and he will be micah richards/guidetti in 2-3 years. you'd think he would jsut look at their former youth players and see the pattern, but i guess money talks right?

i guess through all this its ten is right it is negative. good banter here though, always glad to be proved wrong.

You've also presumably had the peace of mind that you will be able to have a long career. If you can live comfortably while making less money, have job security (or at least the knowledge that you can find a similar job should you lose yours), and you can be happy at your job then it makes sense (along with other factors) to seek something more fulfilling.

But, if you're a hot shit 18-year-old athlete who sees all kinds of other hot shit 18-year-old athletes show a bunch of promise and never fulfill it, your choices are: Take the guaranteed money and hope you don't sink yourself, or go somewhere for less money and hope you make yourself into a career player who can command a bigger paycheck. Nothing about being talented guarantees that young players will have successful careers. There are a multitude of possible circumstances that can see them the next big thing one minute and a lost cause the next. I understand entirely why they would take the money. Short window of opportunity and a whole lot of uncertainty about the future.

You've also presumably had the peace of mind that you will be able to have a long career. If you can live comfortably while making less money, have job security (or at least the knowledge that you can find a similar job should you lose yours), and you can be happy at your job then it makes sense (along with other factors) to seek something more fulfilling.

But, if you're a hot shit 18-year-old athlete who sees all kinds of other hot shit 18-year-old athletes show a bunch of promise and never fulfill it, your choices are: Take the guaranteed money and hope you don't sink yourself, or go somewhere for less money and hope you make yourself into a career player who can command a bigger paycheck. Nothing about being talented guarantees that young players will have successful careers. There are a multitude of possible circumstances that can see them the next big thing one minute and a lost cause the next. I understand entirely why they would take the money. Short window of opportunity and a whole lot of uncertainty about the future.

my point joe is the window is short because they make it short. he could start every game at fulham barring injury for the next couple years without a problem. if he does decent a move to a premier league team surely in the works. that's a longer career than 2-3 years at man city, a year on loan, and a year in russia/mls. sure the pay is more, but as for career moves it's a killer. that's why i was saying it's all about the payday. he could easily get bought by us, newcastle, soton, etc and get playing time, get time to grow and make mistakes, that's a career. playing 2 games as a 10 min sub and being lambasted for not scoring 3 goals and assisting 2 and then being loaned out and then sold is not a career. he's not doing it for the love of the game.

my point joe is the window is short because they make it short. he could start every game at fulham barring injury for the next couple years without a problem. if he does decent a move to a premier league team surely in the works. that's a longer career than 2-3 years at man city, a year on loan, and a year in russia/mls. sure the pay is more, but as for career moves it's a killer. that's why i was saying it's all about the payday. he could easily get bought by us, newcastle, soton, etc and get playing time, get time to grow and make mistakes, that's a career. playing 2 games as a 10 min sub and being lambasted for not scoring 3 goals and assisting 2 and then being loaned out and then sold is not a career. he's not doing it for the love of the game.

I'm saying there's no guarantee that our imaginary player will succeed, even at Fulham. A large portion of young, hyped up players, no matter where they go, ultimately fail. We've had more than enough of them come through our academy, and we've seen enough Drenthe types trying to revive their careers to know that no matter how much talent, self-assuredness, work ethic (obviously not talking about Drenthe here), etc. a young player has, it doesn't mean they will be able to build a solid career. No player KNOWS, regardless of where they go, whether or not they will make something out of themselves. I think we both can agree that it's best for players to go somewhere where they can realistically compete, as that's the best way to raise their game and help them mature into professionals. But, as an 18/19/20-year-old kid, you don't know what's best, nor do you have the best guidance, necessarily. Your agent wants to make money, you want to make money and you end up in over your head somewhere.

Ill put one guy forward now. Swedish guy, mentioned him before and posted a video.

Def mid - Simon Tibbling. The guy set the swedish top flight on fire last season and he was born in 1994. Expect him to become a lot better this year. (we have our seasons in spring-autumn). Him and Barkley next to each other might be a really good center midfield.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/simon-tibbling/videoanzeigen/spieler_192985.html

This guy is starting for Sweden vs England today. (Left midfield) has played there a lot but is more of a central midfielder. So you can keep an eye on him tonight Ten ;)

• 1 month later...

Forwards:

El Shaaraway - Right(ish)

Nassim Ben Khalifa - Wrong

Gerard Deulofeu - Right(ish)

Chris Forrester - Wrong

Rogelio Mori - Wrong

Samuele Longo- Right

Attacking Mids:

Adryan Tavares - Wrong

Leon Goretzka- Right

Ouasim Bouy - Wrong

Thiago Alcantara - Right

Rafinha - Right

Ananidze - Right (ish)

Jean-Christophe Bahebeck- Right

Philippe Coutinho- Right

Ola John - Wrong

Central Mids:

Carlos Casemiro - Right

Gabriel Appelt Pires - Wrong

Paul Pogba - Right

Victor Waynama - Right

Defenders:

Alberto Masi

Kyriakos Papadopoulos - Right(ish)

Nathaniel Clyne - Right

David Alaba- Right

Nastasic- Right

Kurt Zouma- Right

Raphael Varane- Right

Karim Rekik - Wrong

Nathan Chalobah - Wrong

Goalkeepers:

Stefanos Kampino - Wrong

Alessio Cragno - Wrong

Nicola Leali - Right

Marc-André ter Stegen - Right

Thibaut Courtois- Right

Ali Ahamanda - Wrong

Maksym Koval - Wrong

Just going back to this post. I was very hit and miss with my predictions :lol:

Everybody should only take 50% of what I say as decent.

Just shows, you can have all the promise in the world, yet circumstances change and you just might not make it.

Just going back to this post. I was very hit and miss with my predictions :lol:

Everybody should only take 50% of what I say as decent.

Just shows, you can have all the promise in the world, yet circumstances change and you just might not make it.

How many league titles you won? What season you in?

youre such an arsehole.

He can't help himself. His life revolves around me. I know I'm adorable and all knowing but this obsession he has with me is very unhealthy. I don't think he can go through the forum without "pulling my pig tails". He wants me inside him so bad.