IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

If we do get Martinez (which I'd quite like), I'd hope the likes of Stubbs and Weir stayed on the coaching staff as I'm not convinced he is as savvy with the defensive side of things as he is with the attacking, free-flowing football. Watching Wigan's defending on Tuesday was horrible - it was a true reflection of them though, attacking great, defending shite!

Who is your first choice then? I'd love to hear.

My first choice is Laudrup. That clearly is an improbability. From there, I haven't really seen too many names that excite me. I don't see why I need to pick a horse in the race. I'm just going to let it play out, and as names appear if I know much about them then I'll give my input.

My first choice is Laudrup. That clearly is an improbability. From there, I haven't really seen too many names that excite me. I don't see why I need to pick a horse in the race. I'm just going to let it play out, and as names appear if I know much about them then I'll give my input.

Laudrup is unrealistic, and why not let that horse be Stubbs?

Laudrup is unrealistic, and why not let that horse be Stubbs?

Got anyone more realistic in mind. We all know that Stubbs is not getting the job. (I am not saying my own ideas are going to be popular either, not too sure I like them myself. but I am being realistic)

Got anyone more realistic in mind. We all know that Stubbs is not getting the job. (I am not saying my own ideas are going to be popular either, not too sure I like them myself. but I am being realistic)

At this moment in time, the most realistic option is Martinez, which im not too keen on.

Not keen on Lennon although he could bring Wanyama and Izaguirre down with him as straight replacements for Baines and Fellaini(should/when they both go)

Stubbs and Weir is just a complete NO from me, id sooner apoint one of these Football Manager whizzkids.

Martinez im still 50/50, personally id like to see Malky Mackay get the job.

It will come down to what the board are prepared to spend in compensation and what they will give a new manager in transfer funds.

Edited by Simon