IGNORED

Victor Nilsson Lindelöf

Swedish news sites are saying that Silva is a big fan of Victor and that Everton are looking to buy him for 40 mil. 

They are quoting the Daily Mirror https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-defender-victor-lindelof-12672508

would be an amazing signing. He is much better than he has been at manchester united. A rock in the swedish back 4 and he needs a coach that believes in him. 

I think it would be a huge risk given how he has played for Utd. Plus that price is ridiculous. If it was one of these loan to buy deals we used to do so well with then fine but that is a lot of money to pay for a defender that has proven himself to not be that good (so far) in the league.

It’s his first season in the premier league. Like many others it’s hard to judge him on that alone.

I dont think he’s became a flop over this last season, it’s more he needs time to adjust. He’s always looked a decent player when he’s played and certainly better than anything we have.

12 hours ago, Matt said:

The market is constantly inflating. If anyone thinks a player bought one season before and underperformed means they’ll be sold cheaper the following season, they’re nuts. It should be that way, but it won’t be 

It's not that I think they should be sold cheaper, but that we'd be stupid to entertain the idea and it'd show we're still there to be mugged off.

18 hours ago, Matt said:

The market is constantly inflating. If anyone thinks a player bought one season before and underperformed means they’ll be sold cheaper the following season, they’re nuts. It should be that way, but it won’t be 

I cant imagine we would get the money we paid for Bolasie, Klaassen, Keane or Siggy. 

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I cant imagine we would get the money we paid for Bolasie, Klaassen, Keane or Siggy. 

Not Siggy, because we vastly over paid for him. The rest I think we would comfortably break even. Even if we took a loss, it’s be maybe 10% of what we paid, not the 50% or more people have said 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not Siggy, because we vastly over paid for him. The rest I think we would comfortably break even. Even if we took a loss, it’s be maybe 10% of what we paid, not the 50% or more people have said 

We could get more for siggy.... trust me. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Absolutely zero chance of getting £28m for Bolasie. You’ve been on that chilled red wine if you believe that :lol: 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

We could get more for siggy.... trust me. 

Im not sure who would buy him though at that price. He isnt really a fit with any other team and whilst he is a good all round player, he isnt that good. He wouldnt start at a top 6 club and his wages would be too high for most European clubs. 

Just now, Bailey said:

Im not sure who would buy him though at that price. He isnt really a fit with any other team and whilst he is a good all round player, he isnt that good. He wouldnt start at a top 6 club and his wages would be too high for most European clubs. 

He would get signed by arsenal.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’d have been surprised if we’d got our money back on him if he hadn’t had his injury, I’d be absolutely flabbergasted if we got anywhere near it now. 

Hopefully we’ll find out before the season starts ;) 

You're all wrong about Lindelöf lol. Im fully expecting him to take a regular spot on Man U this season. The reason for his sometimes poor form is that Mou wants him to play in a way that he isn'tt used to playing. Mou inherited him but he was signed to play his way. Mou changed that. 

One season in now and the lad is smart, talented. Extremely comfortable on the ball, something we have missed in the back four. Yes the price is steep but I think that he is worth around what they paid. (I don't think they will turn a profit on him, thats just paper talk)

• 1 month later...