IGNORED

Joe Gelhardt

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

Sounds very bitter? He sounds fantastic in my opinion. Very level-headed and respectful. He made a casual comment about being rejected by Everton and Liverpool by way of expressing his gratiude for the club and people that have taken him to where he now is. 

why mention it?  when someone asks me about my job i don't talk about the 4 jobs i got turned down from, i tell them about the 1 i have.  he's bitter, to even bring it up shows he's still thinking about it and it bothers him.

On 19/11/2019 at 17:56, markjazzbassist said:

why mention it?  when someone asks me about my job i don't talk about the 4 jobs i got turned down from, i tell them about the 1 i have.  he's bitter, to even bring it up shows he's still thinking about it and it bothers him.

Maybe he was asked a question by the person conducting the interview. 

On 19/11/2019 at 17:56, markjazzbassist said:

The lad is seventeen for Christ’s sake. He should be bitter anyway. That’s what separates players from ok to good to great. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 02/08/2020 at 07:24, barryj said:

I’d rather take a punt on 3-4 of these emerging talents than pay 14m for an untested Russian league striker. 

IMO, if we're serious, there should be no such thing as a punt. Either we believe someone would fit our strategy or we don't. Having said that, I'm all for bringing in a young player with a strong reputation. Then again, my preferred strategy has always been to build a team that can grow and stay together for a decade. Build a legacy, not a flash in the pan.

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

IMO, if we're serious, there should be no such thing as a punt. Either we believe someone would fit our strategy or we don't. Having said that, I'm all for bringing in a young player with a strong reputation. Then again, my preferred strategy has always been to build a team that can grow and stay together for a decade. Build a legacy, not a flash in the pan.

Every purchase of an emerging talent is a ‘punt’. Obviously we would only buy on the pretence that they fit our strategy but whether they work out and turn into a world class player that we’d hope isn't guaranteed so that’s why I called it a punt. Other than that I agree with you.