IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

We only won the Super Bowl Sunday night by the way

Saw the game out, drunk far more than even I should have, got home some time around 5-00 am and was soon asleep. Lousy morning and early day with after effects, but I may not see another win again and you only live once, so to hell with it. Great honor for the city and team once again.

Pity there's more focus on the fucking half time enterainment and damn commercials than there is any play, and what with the arena being blacked out at such a questionable time. Perfect way for Lewis to go on the back of this, but at one point it did look like they had thrown it all away, but the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history, never occured.

Victory parade took place today

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/?track=bs-nav-main-sports

Wasn't worth updating the statistics page but Andrew Johnson has a Birthday today - 32 years of age

I'll give him a mention as despite being an overall disappointing player for us, he did provide one or two standout memories and of course was a fine center forward for his previous clubs. If he had been as good for us as at Selhurst Park, he would have been one great signing, but it never really worked out for him with us.

I think the eight and a half million we paid was justified at the time, but in retrospect, was just another Beattie, in that things were expected and we paid a lot of money, but it simply didn't work out as hoped.

Sure he had other moments, but that's really all I ever remember him for most also. Came in summer 2006 and did well for the first few weeks, but was never quite able to replicate that early promise. As with Beattie and that Leeds player we had who I can't remember, they did well at their previous clubs and were prolific, but simply couldn't produce quite as before.

Beckford that was it. I meant him

From looking at his stats, his agent must be one of the best in business to get him a trial in the first place. Average of 3 goals and 1 assist per season. Bury must have just been trying to jump in on the Belgian band wagon.

:lol: I'm hoping to have a trial with them in a few weeks!! even i have a better strike rate than this guy!! I got 6 in one game last year!!