IGNORED

Michael Bradley

Different kind of player than Fellaini. When both are at their best Fellaini is the superior player and it's not really close. Fellaini can be inconsistent, howver. Bradley is the kind of guy who will give you a productive game 9 times out of 10. He's phenomenal at slowing down the game, commanding the game centrally from box to box, and distributing the ball from pretty much any area of the pitch. If Fellaini does leave then Bradley would be just about as good of a replacement as we could find. However, I think at this point I'd rather stick with Fellaini if possible.

I think he would sit deep like Fellaini, but he has an engine on him and is always involved in the play. Moyes would have loved his work ethic.

:I surrender:

• 3 weeks later...
There was frustration for the visitors at St Mary's, José Fonte's late header denying them a first win of the season. Di Canio, though, was pleased with Emanuele Giaccherini, whose early header was his first goal for the club after his £6.5m move from Juventus. The winger is only 5ft 4in.
"Football is strange," Di Canio said. "Even a midget can score a goal. Because he is intelligent."

Football is strange, Paulo, you are stranger.... How has he got away with calling someone a midget?!

Why did he only play 3 games though? Genuine question. Granted McLeish didn't prove himself to be the best manager, but how come Bradley couldn't get games in a poor,struggling Villa side?

The Dutch & Italian leagues are much easier to look good in than the Prem imho.

I wanted him the last time we were linked with him but I haven't heard about him for a while. A loan with a view to buy would be nice, just so we can see whether he can adapt to this league. Would hate to see him go to Sunderland and flourish after we've sold Fellaini late and don't replace him (seriously worried this last bit I'd going to happen now).

I wanted him the last time we were linked with him but I haven't heard about him for a while. A loan with a view to buy would be nice, just so we can see whether he can adapt to this league. Would hate to see him go to Sunderland and flourish after we've sold Fellaini late and don't replace him (seriously worried this last bit I'd going to happen now).

I honestly think Bradley would do well here. He has a great passing game, and a good shot on him. Similar to Gibson, but less injury prone. Price/value would be key here, I doubt we can get him for the price we'd want.

I honestly think Bradley would do well here. He has a great passing game, and a good shot on him. Similar to Gibson, but less injury prone. Price/value would be key here, I doubt we can get him for the price we'd want.

I say loan with a view to buy just because of his time at Villa when he didnt really get a chance (for whatever reason) to show whether he can do the business in the PL.

What sort of fee do you reckon would get him? I'd say £8m if it's true they rejected £5m from Sunderland.

I say loan with a view to buy just because of his time at Villa when he didnt really get a chance (for whatever reason) to show whether he can do the business in the PL.

What sort of fee do you reckon would get him? I'd say £8m if it's true they rejected £5m from Sunderland.

I bet 7-10m if Roma are reasonable. To be fair, I wouldn't accept 5m for him if I were Roma. I just don't know if a big club like Roma would let one of their starting 11 go on loan-to-buy move. It's not like he is a castaway at a giant club, or a superstar at a small club.

*edit- Funny that I've always rated him very highly, but it never seems he's gotten the attention/praise that Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, Tim Howard, and a few other Americans have. I think he's always been one of the best players in a USMNT shirt.

Edited by Quinn31

I bet 7-10m if Roma are reasonable. To be fair, I wouldn't accept 5m for him if I were Roma. I just don't know if a big club like Roma would let one of their starting 11 go on loan-to-buy move. It's not like he is a castaway at a giant club, or a superstar at a small club.

*edit- Funny that I've always rated him very highly, but it never seems he's gotten the attention/praise that Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, Tim Howard, and a few other Americans have. I think he's always been one of the best players in a USMNT shirt.

I suppose it depends on whether we really do have an interest in McCarthy because it looks like he'd be Martinez's first choice. But if we were going to move for Bradley I think the fee you mentioned would be reasonable and doable.

If it was a choice between the two I'd rather McCarthy because I know more about him than I do Bradley and because he's younger. But I'd be happy if we got Bradley.

In an ideal world we'd get the two (because I think they offer different things) but we know that's not likely :(.

I suppose it depends on whether we really do have an interest in McCarthy because it looks like he'd be Martinez's first choice. But if we were going to move for Bradley I think the fee you mentioned would be reasonable and doable.

If it was a choice between the two I'd rather McCarthy because I know more about him than I do Bradley and because he's younger. But I'd be happy if we got Bradley.

In an ideal world we'd get the two (because I think they offer different things) but we know that's not likely :(.

I'm with you here. McCarthy is proven in the Premier League, and younger. For that, we'd have to pay more to acquire him. Bradley is definitely a good alternative, though. Something tells me neither Bradley or McCarthy will come in though. Unless Fellaini gets sold.

I think he is the best USA player right now without a doubt, and he's definitely the most consistent. I read Roma wanted to start negotiating around 10mil.