IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Wife just said to me, "isn't the car about due for an MOT?" so I've just checked online and it ran out in January:doh:. How did that happen? I'll get on to the garage first thing Monday but amazed I've not been pulled by the police or written to. It's still taxed OK. Is this going to cause me problems @London Blue? Stupid mistake but genuine accident.:unsure:

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Wife just said to me, "isn't the car about due for an MOT?" so I've just checked online and it ran out in January:doh:. How did that happen? I'll get on to the garage first thing Monday but amazed I've not been pulled by the police or written to. It's still taxed OK. Is this going to cause me problems @London Blue? Stupid mistake but genuine accident.:unsure:

It is now his colleagues will be around shortly 😂

23 hours ago, Palfy said:

It is now his colleagues will be around shortly 😂

Dont know, roads policing are not my thing. It would probably invalidate your insurance to drive without a mot, and a car with no insurance is an offence to drive. Think there was a mot holiday due to covid but not sure. Anyway your getting it checked now.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Dont know, roads policing are not my thing. It would probably invalidate your insurance to drive without a mot, and a car with no insurance is an offence to drive. Think there was a mot holiday due to covid but not sure. Anyway your getting it checked now.

Thanks LB, the covid "holiday" didn't come in until March so no excuse for me; I'll just get it done asap next week. My local garage are brilliant and mates so will fit it in, and give me a courtesy car for the time I don't have it which I might well need for my covid test. Hopefully I've "got away with it" but just feel very daft.

This is the last night in our place in Spain had it built 18 years ago and it goes to new owners tomorrow, we’ve had some great times here as a family but it’s time to move on to new and hopefully better things, when we leave in the morning to go to the notary I know Mandy will be crying she was close tonight bless her. 
Still got the memories though they won’t go, and we’ve got our new venture to look forward to. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

This is the last night in our place in Spain had it built 18 years ago and it goes to new owners tomorrow, we’ve had some great times here as a family but it’s time to move on to new and hopefully better things, when we leave in the morning to go to the notary I know Mandy will be crying she was close tonight bless her. 
Still got the memories though they won’t go, and we’ve got our new venture to look forward to. 

What's the new venture mate? Buying Necker Island off Branson maybe? Bastard started his empire on the back of my namesake so I'll need free run of the place!

Bought an exercise bike that arrived two weeks ago because the lock-down had me really unfit and it's been great! 294 miles racked up on it already though to be honest mostly by Josh; I've been increasing daily though and did seven miles last night in just over half an hour, so I'll be on it shortly to crack the 300. Really good bit of kit for the money, wife even managed a mile and a half this morning on the easiest setting.

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

Eight miles tonight in less than 35 mins, nearly 200 calories; going to have an ironing board stomach before you know it!

Keep going Mike at our age fitness is so important. Give it a few months then when you’re stamina is up, you can be one of those annoying people who take to the roads on the real thing 😂 but in all seriousness there must be some lovely rides a round where you are, beautiful scenery fresh air and getting fit all at same time can’t be bad, can it?

On 23/07/2020 at 09:59, Palfy said:

Keep going Mike at our age fitness is so important. Give it a few months then when you’re stamina is up, you can be one of those annoying people who take to the roads on the real thing 😂 but in all seriousness there must be some lovely rides a round where you are, beautiful scenery fresh air and getting fit all at same time can’t be bad, can it?

Cracked the ten miles just now, dripping with sweat, but 💪

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Leaving in a short while to do quick tour of the country with Josh (hopefully with roof down weather permitting). Hotel in Liverpool is base camp but heading into Scotland on Thursday so have one night booked in Glasgow, plan is to go up to Glencoe either Thursday or Friday depending on forecast then home Sunday ready to go under the knife that week or the next, will probably pick up a few speeding tickets but what the hell:P

44 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Leaving in a short while to do quick tour of the country with Josh (hopefully with roof down weather permitting). Hotel in Liverpool is base camp but heading into Scotland on Thursday so have one night booked in Glasgow, plan is to go up to Glencoe either Thursday or Friday depending on forecast then home Sunday ready to go under the knife that week or the next, will probably pick up a few speeding tickets but what the hell:P

Have a good one mate, and if you’re driving with the top down wear a hat 🧢 you don’t want blow off what little hair you have left😉

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Enjoy, mate, you both deserve it.