IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

4 hours ago, Formby said:

It certainly wasn't as exaggerated in the dramas of the 70s / 80s that I remember. Both of these capture the accent and spirit of the time very well.

I remember watching one summer when it was first shown, loads a people at time were going a round saying “hey Icky” in a scouse accent.  Sadly even myself😂

• 2 weeks later...

Rupert Murdoch..

"Self-serving bureaucracies are seeking to silence those who would question their provenance and purpose. Elites have open contempt for those who are not members of their rarefied class," he says.

"Most of the media is in cahoots with those elites, peddling political narratives rather than pursuing the truth."

Says the owner of such famously non-political news outlets as the s*n, GB News and Fox news. Fuck off.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Rupert Murdoch..

"Self-serving bureaucracies are seeking to silence those who would question their provenance and purpose. Elites have open contempt for those who are not members of their rarefied class," he says.

"Most of the media is in cahoots with those elites, peddling political narratives rather than pursuing the truth."

Says the owner of such famously non-political news outlets as the s*n, GB News and Fox news. Fuck off.

To be fair, he's not wrong. If he had a problem with it, however, he probably shouldn't have turbocharged it, the snivelling hypocrite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good job we don't have BBC comments style moderation on here! I just had tw posts deleted for the following reason...

"We reserve the right to fail comments which... are considered to be attacking, abusing or offending others. We have a zero-tolerance approach to user-to-user abuse."

The two comments were...

"Just offered my opinion petal, not telling anyone anything."

and..

"That was rude? You must live a very sheltered life."

:P

• 1 month later...

Needed a new case for my glasses today (broken zip) so went on ebay and found a suitable one, most importantly part of the description said that it was "portable":huh:

I hate those cases that are too heavy to lift, and it's inconvenient to have to come home every time I need to take the glasses off (or put them on), well done that seller👍

I remember when several of you gave me flak for claiming the Royals benefit from the assets of those in the Duchy of Cornwall who die intestate. "But it all goes to charity", you wrote. "The Royals wouldn't do anything as greedy and unconscionable as benefiting from the death of others", you wrote.

Surprise! "We've been lied to. Moneys we all thought were going to charity have instead been used to improve properties owned by the duchy, increasing the income stream that flows from them into Charles's pockets."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/24/royal-greed-king-charles-profiting-dead-disgusting

11 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I remember when several of you gave me flak for claiming the Royals benefit from the assets of those in the Duchy of Cornwall who die intestate. "But it all goes to charity", you wrote. "The Royals wouldn't do anything as greedy and unconscionable as benefiting from the death of others", you wrote.

Surprise! "We've been lied to. Moneys we all thought were going to charity have instead been used to improve properties owned by the duchy, increasing the income stream that flows from them into Charles's pockets."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/24/royal-greed-king-charles-profiting-dead-disgusting

basically people with no traceable relatives need to leave a will don’t they? Even if it means leaving the money to the cats home. Average of £6m a year not handed to someone. 

There’s 40000 pink “corrupt” signs knocking about if you wanna protest Steve ?  “Duchy of Cornwall corrupt as fuck! “  get chanting lad! 

13 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Not just the Duchy of Cornwall; they're seizing assets from the Duchy of Lancaster, too. 

Revealed: King Charles secretly profiting from the assets of dead citizens | King Charles III | The Guardian

2 hours ago, Formby said:

Not just the Duchy of Cornwall; they're seizing assets from the Duchy of Lancaster, too. 

Revealed: King Charles secretly profiting from the assets of dead citizens | King Charles III | The Guardian

And every other areas in the Uk where people die and have no traceable relatives their estates go to the Government to be wasted on all sorts shite, if anyone has a problem with what happens to their estates once they’ve died then as Haf said write a Will pretty simple really, and if they don’t choose to write a Will we can assume they don’t care what happens to their estate’s so why should we?

39 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And every other areas in the Uk where people die and have no traceable relatives their estates go to the Government to be wasted on all sorts shite....

Government doesn't accumulate wealth for itself though which is a big difference, they just take in funds be it via taxation or whatever else, then they decide what to spend it on based on what they (rightly or wrongly) think needs it.

Charles seems to be lining his own pockets.