IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

The electric blanket that I bought my wife for Christmas has just stopped working. I have no receipt or packaging (although if you check my Clubcard records you'll find the evidence).

Can I have a replacement please :huh: ?

Phone answer: I'm sorry sir but without a receipt we can't process a return for that if it was bought in store.

What I want to say: How stupid can you be? Really? If it's something you know could break or be not wanted, keep hold of the receipt for it. It's not a bag of chips is it? And why haven't you got the packaging? And no we can't find the record in Clubcard because the system is from 1984 and it takes about that many years to do anything on it. So no idiot caller #2,097,864 i really can't be bothered to it /don't want to it /fuck off /get a life (delete as applicable) ;)

Mate this is the least motivating job I've ever had, and I was Mr. Motivator's dry cleaner.

Fifth grandchild just clocked in this morning....another girl, puts them 4-1 up :rolleyes: .

At this rate I'm gonna have to form a ladies football team :D .

Hehe....goalkeeper sorted...look at those hands. And completely comfortable settled on the Tim Howard shirt :D .

She's called Milly.

100_2235.jpg

I've had a very stressful day today. I am in pre-production for a film at the moment which shoots next week. It's the largest project that I have worked on so far. We are shooting with children in the lead roles which is very hard, I have had to organise a school to be opened in the easter holiday and to be filled with kids and I have had to organise a fun fair to be closed off for a few hours so that we can shoot there! Things are slowly coming together but I think that I may have a nervous breakdown very very soon. I wish I had thought about production aspects when I wrote the bloody thing! Shit. I need to relax and have no idea how to do so! Neil Yound and John Martyn seem the logical option at the moment

Jamie what film are you working on? I've always been interested in film production I even took a scriptwriting course at.....ahem...Newport...University :huh:

It's a short called Paula. It follows a young girl who is neglected by her Mother. I am producing it and I also wrote the film along with the director. I've attached the script if you fancy a quick glance. We go into production next week so it's all pretty chaotic at the moment.

It's a short called Paula. It follows a young girl who is neglected by her Mother. I am producing it and I also wrote the film along with the director. I've attached the script if you fancy a quick glance. We go into production next week so it's all pretty chaotic at the moment.

Fair play it's an interesting little story man, what prompted writing it? I've got a story I'm working on but at the moment I've only got the beginning scenes to it, it's just about finding 2 weeks when I can sit down and get the whole thing on paper...

Where are you going to be filming?

The main locations are based in Sheffield, the fairground is in Doncaster and the school is in Rotherham.

The idea for the story came around from a very long writing process, the orginal idea was compleltly different but we kept the main character (Paula) and kept workshopping the script. We wrote it over about 5 months, i think this is the 25th draft, somewhere near that anyway.

The main locations are based in Sheffield, the fairground is in Doncaster and the school is in Rotherham.

The idea for the story came around from a very long writing process, the orginal idea was compleltly different but we kept the main character (Paula) and kept workshopping the script. We wrote it over about 5 months, i think this is the 25th draft, somewhere near that anyway.

Goodluck with it Jamie im sure all the stress will be worth it in the end mate

Fair play mate, hope all goes well, would be cool if you could upload a few photos from filming if possible :D

Oh by the way, forgot to say I love the "Mother's Lament" voiceover bit :P

Two games in two nights for me. Played yesterday for the school in the heat. Got a game tonight against our rivals in the darkness. It's going to be late on in the fields. Expect a good game with plenty of pysical stuff. Can't wait.

What's the purpose (for want of a better word) of a short film like that Jamie? How and where does it get shown, and is there any money to be made from that sort of thing?

It's a good subject and I imagine if it's well made (which I'm sure it will be :P ) it'll be an affecting piece. Good luck with it.

Very little money can be made from short films, however they can open doors for you that can then let you to work properlly within the industry. It's also a very good way to "Cut your teeth" In the industry. A bit like playing in the reserve's I guess!

The aim for this film is going to be getting into festivals and into competition. I got my last film into a couple of festivals and also had one short shown on Channel 4. It's all about getting my CV as stong as it can be really.

As for where it will be shown, we already have a screening organised at the main cinema in Sheffield which is open to the public, beyond there it's about trying to get it into festivals and trying to get a wider audience to see it. Websites such as current.tv are a good showcase for short films.

This dosen't surprise me anymore. America is messed.

BINGHAMTON, N.Y. – The police chief of Binghamton, N.Y., says 14 people, including the suspected gunman, were killed in a shooting at an immigrant services center. Chief Joseph Zikuski says a receptionist was among the first people shot. She pretended to be dead, then crawled under a desk and called 911.

The chief says that 26 people hid in the boiler room and that 37 people were safely removed from the building. He says four people are in critical condition.

Rep. Maurice Hinchey, whose district includes Binghamton, says the gunman opened fire on a citizenship class.

READ