IGNORED

Leroy Lita

For £350k i would definitely take Lita if you consider what you can or lets put it cant buy for that kind of money. I've just read his wiki and it seems he's had a few problems with injuries and discipline in the past hence why he's been past around abit.

He's still young and doesnt have the worst record in the world and can score goals this could if true be a good move for both parties considering the cost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leroy_Lita

Edited by EFC-Paul

He woulden't be the worst signing in the world. A little bit of pace to back up Cahill and Saha. He always looked like a good prospect when he played for Bristol City, I thought that it was a good move Reading signing him. He's had some back luck and maybe a move to us could get his career back on track. The money that we would pay for him is something that woulden't break the bank in the long run. Were not splashing millions, if it all dosent work out we could probably toss him down to the lower leagues with our money back.

Wiki: In a freak occurrence just prior to the start of the 2007–08 season, Lita was faced with a month of downtime after damaging a leg muscle as he, supposedly, stretched in bed upon waking.[7] Coppell told the BBC: "Leroy is in a great deal of pain. It's a point of laughter but a serious business for him because he's going to be out for three or four weeks."

There's just a small chance that he could wake up and miss a few games. :D

Whats that? The sound of barrells being scrapped?

Oh dear. Lita. Hardly sets the heart alight does it! I agree with Dark that if we did sign him we could easily make our money back but I wouldn't really want him to sign in the first place. The arrival of a new player should be a sign of intent. A showing of the ambitions of the club. Signing Lita is a sign of desperation and in my opinion would reflect badly on the image of a club that is trying to move forwards.

He aint that bad, he is fast and can beat a man, seem him play for u21's a couple of times and he looked useful. for €350k you cant argue as his wages wouldn't be huge. better option than Vic imo..

Anything is better than victor, he's a lazy bastard!! Id take Lita 350,000 is nothing in today's prices look at it this way; Stoke paid 5mill for Kitson and he's the biggest pile of crap ever so Lita would be a bargain

We cant expect EFC to splash a load of cash when we have the likes of Vaughan, Yakubu, and Saha, it will be a squad player who could do us to the end of the season and then be moved on.

And he's not the worst striker i've seen.

I suppose in comparison with the likes of Brett Angel and Mikel Madar little Leroy is bloody Pele! :P

footballtransferleague.co.uk:

• Norwich are set to make Leroy Lita's loan move from Reading permanent in the January transfer window.

• Reading striker Leroy Lita, who is out of contract in the summer, is a target for Everton and Newcastle with both clubs attracted by the £350,000 price tag.

It looks like we are in the hunt with Norwich and Newcastle. It seems Newcastle want all our transfer targets.

• 2 years later...

Looks good as an investment... buy to sell at a higher price later. Best case scenario is that he reaches the potential he was thought to have, and he works in the team, or we make make money on him through a sell. Honestly, all you hear about is how much money Everton doesn't have.

Looks good as an investment... buy to sell at a higher price later. Best case scenario is that he reaches the potential he was thought to have, and he works in the team, or we make make money on him through a sell. Honestly, all you hear about is how much money Everton doesn't have.

If we had wanted to make money on him we'd have snapped him up on a free when he left Reading - decent Championship striker... he's not Prem class - FACT!!! ;)