IGNORED

Moutinho

setanta sports claim the deal is 'close'

Written on the 25th May, so this is new infotmation!

Everton < Link

There's so many errors in that report that makes me doubt it very much. Add to that the fact that no one here knows anything about it (meaning newsies) and that we have an election next month.

Besides, who'd renew a player's contract with a lower release fee and then sell him bellow that value??

Watching sporting moan on here when this lad pulls on an everyon shirt will make me happier than seeing fat shirtless geordies cry. Ha ha ha

I think you've read my posts here long enough to know that I wouldn't be upset by this. If he leaves, he leaves, and I hope that he'll join you guys rather than another team.

It doesn't change the highly dubious nature of these reports, and the fact that a midfielder like Moutinho, for the value he'd cost, is probably one of the least priorities for Everton next season.

Edited by Sporting4ever

Besides, who'd renew a player's contract with a lower release fee and then sell him bellow that value??

im sure its all politics mate, if they renew his contract it looks good to both sides, the club look like they've made him stay, he looks like hes happy to stay.

then sell him next year after they get the extra year they want out of him.

you said yourself, election coming soon.

The way I see it is we're unlikely to spend more than £7million on one player this summer due to having relatively little in the way of finances, and that's me being optimistic. So unless the owners of Sporting have gone insane, or Moutinho has lost a leg, we ain't signing him.

The way I see it is we're unlikely to spend more than £7million on one player this summer due to having relatively little in the way of finances, and that's me being optimistic. So unless the owners of Sporting have gone insane, or Moutinho has lost a leg, we ain't signing him.

Agree but if the deal was structured with say £8 million down with the rest over time, I can see that happening - I hope

im sure its all politics mate, if they renew his contract it looks good to both sides, the club look like they've made him stay, he looks like hes happy to stay.

then sell him next year after they get the extra year they want out of him.

you said yourself, election coming soon.

Maybe, but it still doesn't add up.

1st, the renewal with the reduction in his release clause is meant to make him more "atractive" to other teams, and the added spending of a salary revision is not worth it, if you're gonna sell him bellow that value anyway;

2nd, the board and the manager have been distancing themselves from Veloso, who pulled a real temper tantrum because of Sporting refusing to transfer him to the "giants" that are bolton, and he's pretty much transfer listed, and the supposed sale for this coming season. He's the one that as had various fallouts with the manager, board and fans, not Moutinho, and he's the one supposedly beeing tagged with the values mentioned in the report, not Moutinho;

3rd, letting go of Moutinho for the values beeing discussed would probably be a suicide for the list supported by the current board, and it's very doubtful they'd do anything to offend the club members at this point in time, because that could cost them the election.

The more the talk. The less likely its gona happen! I think Sporting maybe right tho, i think politics have got a massive say, you couldnt see the AC Milan elect selling Kaka', Pato, Pirlo, Ronaldinho oor Flamini before the elections. And its the same with Sporting. Veloso is pretty much gone, Liedsons has had amirers and Moutinhos always going to be linked with people, he's class. So i doubt that all 3 would go, let alone 2..........i just dont know. It depresses me! haha.

---------------howard-----------------

neville --- jags --- lescott --- baines

--- arteta -- moutinho -- pienaar ---

-------- fellaini --- cahill --------------

------------- yakubu ------------------

bench : rodwell, osman, jacobson, hibbert, vaughan, gosling, anichebe, yobo, saha, nash.

I wouldn't mind if we spend our whole offseason budget on that guy .. that lineup looks like a top-4!

c'mon Joao.

Guest efctaxi
still don't want it, i've been wrong once before on a signignwe've mae though, yakubu...although i the goals did dry up and he started to look more like what i said so well see

Craccers pissed :lol:

have had a few scoops like but my idea was right, my judgment of most of the players coming to our club has been spot on. it's well documented that i want alan smith so the jury is still out on that one...but then you can't judge when they don't sign. i was right about pienaar, arteta, baines and most of all jags. i had a conversatio nwith a mate at the start of the season when he, and most others really, thought jags would be a good utility man and squad player and i told him jags would be quality for us...he's conceeded to me aroundjanuary time.

have had a few scoops like but my idea was right, my judgment of most of the players coming to our club has been spot on. it's well documented that i want alan smith so the jury is still out on that one...but then you can't judge when they don't sign. i was right about pienaar, arteta, baines and most of all jags. i had a conversatio nwith a mate at the start of the season when he, and most others really, thought jags would be a good utility man and squad player and i told him jags would be quality for us...he's conceeded to me aroundjanuary time.

Craccer is Mystic Meg....that's where you went :D

...most of all jags. i had a conversatio nwith a mate at the start of the season when he, and most others really, thought jags would be a good utility man and squad player and i told him jags would be quality for us...

Hmmm....you weren't exactly spot on with him though ;) .

...i think jagielka is the best central midfielder at the club...

haha good find, i'd say jags is the best anything at the club though, i love him....and there was a game he played in defensive mid where he was class (rest were shite) wouldn't surprise me if that comment was after that game. plus that was considering arteta to be a wide player at the time. i said to my mate he'd be a starter at the back if not in midfield and i must admit after that certain appearance i thought he'd be the balls i nthe middle...don't know what went wrong there.