IGNORED

Lescott

If we sell Lescott, Rodwell and Yobbo would be the only fit CBs at the club so we would have no cover

and rodwell never played CB yet. so Lescott is stuck here, he just can't leave without putting the club of his hart ( no Not Villa :P) in a terrible defensive position.

So it's real simple, we do'nt buy another CB and Lescott stays :)

If we have Ignashevich lined up then I'd let Lescott go for £20m.

To be perfectly honest there is no way we can progress as a club without selling to buy. Its physically impossible without further investment. And if Lescott going means we can bring in people in positions we're struggling in then fine by me.

Jags - Yobo/Ignashevich with Rodwell as 4th cover sounds alright tbh. Yobo is the type of player who needs to be covered by a Jagielka rather than a Lescott anyway.

If we have Ignashevich lined up then I'd let Lescott go for £20m.

To be perfectly honest there is no way we can progress as a club without selling to buy. Its physically impossible without further investment. And if Lescott going means we can bring in people in positions we're struggling in then fine by me.

Jags - Yobo/Ignashevich with Rodwell as 4th cover sounds alright tbh. Yobo is the type of player who needs to be covered by a Jagielka rather than a Lescott anyway.

If Lescott goes then CB will be the biggest problem position we have

Jags is out until at least November, we havent signed the Russian, Yobo will be away for the African Cup of Nations and Rodwell has never played that position in the Prem

If Lescott goes then CB will be the biggest problem position we have

Jags is out until at least November, we havent signed the Russian, Yobo will be away for the African Cup of Nations and Rodwell has never played that position in the Prem

The Ignashevich deal is apparently dependent on the Lescott deal so 1 out, 1 in which leaves us in the same position we are in right now.

That is 2 fit senior defenders, 1 squad + emergency fill-ins (Neville) until Jagielka comes back, then we have 3 senior defenders, and then when Yobo leaves we're back down to 2.

The Ignashevich deal is apparently dependent on the Lescott deal so 1 out, 1 in which leaves us in the same position we are in right now.

That is 2 fit senior defenders, 1 squad + emergency fill-ins (Neville) until Jagielka comes back, then we have 3 senior defenders, and then when Yobo leaves we're back down to 2.

where did you read that its dependent on Lescott going?

where did you read that its dependent on Lescott going?

It's the main assumption doing the rounds in the newspapers/on the fansites. Moyes doesn't want to lose Lescott but the russian is being lined up just in case.

If you mean needing to buy/loan a CB not sell one then yes

First time poster guys so bear with me but got to say have been an avid viewing guest on the site for the last 6 months or so and hve thoroughly enjoyed the banter and spectrum of conflicting views on offer!! To me Arteta is one of our "indispensibles". Money cant buy sum1 with his vision or craft in the final third and I want him to finish his career with us and never leave!! Lescott is different, he has improved and improved since coming here and is talismanic to what <Moyesie is trying to create here!! He is a central personality in the team and is a good player.... BUT personalities can be replaced and I strongly believe that if we can hold out for 18-20million of $hitteh's millions we should bite their arm off!!! It would free up much needed funds to strengthen and attract players to take us to the promised land and with no potential investors on the horizon STILL ( which i have to say baffles me continually ) is our best option to progress as a club and move forward!!! Sorry to be a bore...

If you mean needing to buy/loan a CB not sell one then yes

CB isn't a priority right now, I'm sure Moyes would love to find some young CB he could get on the cheap with potential, but other positions are more important right now.

CB isn't a priority right now, I'm sure Moyes would love to find some young CB he could get on the cheap with potential, but other positions are more important right now.

i personally think its just as important as any other position. we have two centre backs right now, it is not enough!

I disagree with you we only have Yobo & Lescott to get us through to November if one of those 2 picks up an injury we could e in trouble.I know Rodwell can play there but Im not sure he is ready to play every week yet

Surely that is too low , especially as the RS have just paid a lot more for Johnson .

Agreed, but it's an "opening bid" apparently.

We should ask for £25m and not let him go for less than £20m imo, though I'd rather he didn't go at all :huh: .

Agreed, but it's an "opening bid" apparently.

We should ask for £25m and not let him go for less than £20m imo, though I'd rather he didn't go at all :huh: .

really hope he does not go,but it seeems city are determined to get him if reports are true. Wouldnt it be great if Lescott made a statement that he will not leave the club and that he is staying loyal to Everton. what a statement that would send out to other clubs about our players unity, or am i asking to much of thhe player?

I think it would be a massive mistake to seel a first team player to a main rival.

1. It gives out the wrong message to the rest of the squad

2. 20 mil in would require atleast 10 mil replacement

3. If a replacement is bought we would actually only make 10 mil to spend on squad

4. Any replacement would need time to settle

5. Replacement would have to be first choice as Jags is out until Nov

6. We would have ended the season with two england CB considered one of the top pairings in the prem and we would start it without either available.

Unless lescott pushes for a move I don't want him to go I would actually put his value somewhere nearer 30 mil baring in mind I see him as younger quicker and potentially better than either rio or terry.

Didn't lescott already make such a statememtn saying he doesn't want to leave as everton are going places. Why can't we be like arsenal and only sell players who are on the downwood slope of there career.

Er no, he said he's an Everton player until someone tells him otherwise (or something similar), which doesn't fill me with any confidence at all tbh.

really hope we don't sell, the more i think about it the more i think hes an excellent player. Don't get me wrong ive always liked lescott, but i think he has the right motivation and respect for the club, and there key players to a team like ourselves. Fingers crossed we finally reject these big money bids for our main players and that lescott himself, as someone said previous comes out with a bold statement in saying he wants to stay at everton :)

If Glen Johnson can go for 17.5m....Lescott is deffinately worth as much if not more. And before people do their 'blah blah money owed to the shite via crouch deal blah blah' i don't care lol For me, on paper it says 17.5m. end of. Oh and Lescott would look wank in a light blue shirt, v.similar to a babygrow me thinks :lol: