IGNORED

Lescott

BBC red button just been around the grounds for team news, the commentater at Eastlands says that the Lescott deal is done, tho nobody is admitting it yet.

I just hope Moyes has a replacement already in the bag so we're not scrambling around on the last day of the window and have to pay through the nose for an average player.

17.51 Mark Hughes has confirmed talks are taking place between Manchester City and Everton over the transfer of Joleon Lescott.

From Sky

Daily mail reporting 22M, but nothing official as far as I've seen

Just heard that on the BBC as well - him saying that the clubs are talking.

Previously I wanted Lescott to stay, but nobody with that attitude deserves to be at this football club. We should've read the warning signs back when he was having a hissy over being played at LB.

He's a negative influence, and he deserves to be with all the other overpaid City players who will all throw strops as soon as they are subbed.

Previously I wanted Lescott to stay, but nobody with that attitude deserves to be at this football club. We should've read the warning signs back when he was having a hissy over being played at LB.

He's a negative influence, and he deserves to be with all the other overpaid City players who will all throw strops as soon as they are subbed.

Warning signs about hating playing at left back? Players know their strengths and weaknesses and nobody could have foreseen problems then because of that, though back then I liked his hint of arrogance. Here's a question, though Lescott deserves all the abuse he gets do you think Moyes would stay if United came knocking?

Edited by CaptainFerguson10

Warning signs about hating playing at left back? Players know their strengths and weaknesses and nobody could have foreseen problems then because of that, though back then I liked his hint of arrogance. Here's a question, though Lescott deserves all the abuse he gets do you think Moyes would stay if United came knocking?

This club was nothing when Moyes joined. He built us. We owe him.

Lescott was nothing when he joined us. He got kneecapped by a gangster for shagging his wife. He had his knees reconstructed. We gave him a chance. He owes us.

That's the difference.

Lescott was nothing yes, and still is nothing as far as I'm concerned. But I think your praise of Moyes was well over the top, as the club is greater than any one man!

that may be the case but the club may also be a division lower without that one man. how is lescott nothing by the way? he's become an international and a key member of a starting 11 competing and qualifying for europe. i'm not his biggest fan and i want him sold, but he's definitely not a nothing...rumours today even suggest he's 'something' in the region of £22 million.

that may be the case but the club may also be a division lower without that one man. how is lescott nothing by the way? he's become an international and a key member of a starting 11 competing and qualifying for europe. i'm not his biggest fan and i want him sold, but he's definitely not a nothing...rumours today even suggest he's 'something' in the region of £22 million.

Well the one man you mentioned was rumoured for the sack until O'Neill burnt Kenwright fingers and went to Villa, and Lescott attitude and scant regard for the club in my eyes contribute to him being a nothing. It's only my opinion. Anyway, let's hope he has gone and some of the 24 million will go to a center back and a right/left sided winger.

The link doesn't seem to be around any more though..

I could see how it could be a fee that might be a fee that could rise to 24 mil though. If the going price is somewhere around 20.

How relevant is that link if it's a few days old though.. or the quote at least?

If we've got Banega coming I don't know how much I'd want Defour. I'd much rather want class to put on the right side of the pitch.

Well that's good then...he's plays on the right of midfield.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article6806540.ece

He has gone, with Graeme Sharp rightly slagging Lescott off. Now who will we bring in? I would love Brede Hangerland, who is available for 12 million, along with Taylor and a right/left winger.

Hangeland - £12m

Defour - £17m

Job done. Sure we can russle up £5-6m to cover the difference.

Banega on loan. Emergence of Rodwell, Arteta, Jags, Yak to return...

Pretty well covered then.

Move Neville to righy back. Sorted!

Hangeland - £12m

Defour - £17m

Job done. Sure we can russle up £5-6m to cover the difference.

Banega on loan. Emergence of Rodwell, Arteta, Jags, Yak to return...

Pretty well covered then.

Move Neville to righy back. Sorted!

Errr? What have we done then? We now have no left back cover, either Osman or Arteta on the wing where they shouldn't be and a very old RB who although much better at going forward than Hibbert is nowhere near Leighton Baines' level.

Better would be:

Taylor: £6m

Banega - Season long loan

Hutton - £8m

Bentley: £10m

And use whatever whatever funds we have right now to bring in a left back as cover. Or even sign up Michael Ball. We only really need a body there.

Team would then be:

---------------- Howard/Nash ----------------------

Hutton/Hibbert/Neville - Jags/Taylor/Yobo/Neville/Rodwell - Baines/Ball/Neville

Bentley/Osman/Arteta --- Neville/Rodwell -- Arteta/Banega/Osman/Rodwell ---- Pienaar/Arteta/Baines

---------------------------------- Cahill/Fellaini/Pienaar ----------------------------

------------------------------- Yakubu/Saha/Jo/Vaughan

Edited by Grarghsies

Hutton - £8m

Dont think Hutton and Bentley would end up here but I hope we can get in Banega and Taylor. maybe another 5-7 million on a winger

----------------Howard-----------------

Neville----Jags--------Taylor----Baines

-----------Arteta---Banega-------------

---Cahill------Fellaini------Pienaar---

----------------Yakubu-----------------

Thats a decent team with just Taylor and Banega coming in.

-----------------Nash------------------

Hibbert----Yobo--------Duffy----Coleman

----------Osman---------Rodwell--------

---Gosling-------Baxter-----------Jo---

------------------Saha-----------------

thats not to bad of a backup team, but we really dont have leftback cover.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Errr? What have we done then? We now have no left back cover, either Osman or Arteta on the wing where they shouldn't be and a very old RB who although much better at going forward than Hibbert is nowhere near Leighton Baines' level.

Better would be:

Hutton - £8m

And use whatever whatever funds we have right now to bring in a left back as cover. Or even sign up Michael Ball. We only really need a body there.

Team would then be:

---------------- Howard/Nash ----------------------

Hutton/Hibbert/Neville - Jags/Taylor/Yobo/Neville/Rodwell - Baines/Ball/Neville

Bentley/Osman/Arteta --- Neville/Rodwell -- Arteta/Banega/Osman/Rodwell ---- Pienaar/Arteta/Baines

---------------------------------- Cahill/Fellaini/Pienaar ----------------------------

------------------------------- Yakubu/Saha/Jo/Vaughan

my 4 exactly, good to see someone on the same wavelength as me.

Dont think Hutton and Bentley would end up here but I hope we can get in Banega and Taylor. maybe another 5-7 million on a winger

----------------Howard-----------------

Neville----Jags--------Taylor----Baines

-----------Arteta---Banega-------------

---Cahill------Fellaini------Pienaar---

----------------Yakubu-----------------

Swap fellaini and cahill, swap fellaini for osman, move arteta forward and i'd consider it.

as far as hutton and bentley are concerned there's a lad on nsno (everton4ever if you're interested in reading up) who is clued up on things at spurs and he reckons that we have a definite interest in bentley, nothing solid yet but we're asked about him. he also said that bentley will be gone this window. personally, i'd love him here in place of osman. hutton would also be a very good addition.