IGNORED

Spurs (Away)

Ian C

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow yet again another depressing defeat and what also sounds like a depressing performance... From what I heard it was more or less all Spurs and on another day it sounds like they could have been in double figures. I personally think it was stupid playing a full strength 11 (as good as weve got anyway!). Yes maybe play Yak, Jo, Neill, Heintinga & Gosling but the rest should have been reserves. Im pretty sure most Everton fans couldnt give a toss about the CC at this point in time and we have an important game against Villa that we need players to be fit and rested for. Then just to add to his stupidity he takes off Saha. If he really wanted to win the game from the start then keep him on until its beyond our reach (unless injured). Dont take him off at H/T when were only 1-0 down because that shows the attitude that youve given up on the game?!? To add to this we go 2-0 and the game is more or less over, take out the players who need a reat such as Cahill and Rodwell?! Also from what it sounds like Gosling was having a stinker so why not mix it up??

I respect Moyes and I do think he is a great manager but sometimes he just makes you wonder WTF?!? Either stubborn or stupid, im not sure which one...

In the summer transfer window I was unhappy at how funds were used/made available (well funds all being one quality player leaving) and I said we were 2-3 further injuries away from disaster, well here it is unfolding in front of our very eyes.

Expecting us to get results at the moment is totally unrealistic, bad luck yes we have had, but we already had a weak squad at the start of the season. If we told the rest of the league, hold off till Jags, Arteta and Yak are back fully fit then that would be a starting point.

We have rode our luck with a weak squad for some time now. I can't imagine what the confidence of Gosling and Rodwell is at the moment. Bad times, we have relatively easy fixtures thus far and we ain't done great, what's the next few weeks got in store... Just really have got to hope for an investor to plough some serious cash into this club.

One thing I failed to mention earlier was the great support from the travelling Everton fans. All through the second half I could hear them singing through the radio even with the pitiful excuse of football that was being played by the blue (purple?) boys...

I guess it was either sing or cry!

The thing that's annoying me is that, ok, we have players injured, but if you look at the team we've put out in the last two games, if you exclude Gosling and Rodwell, the rest of the team are experienced players who should for sure be vying for first team selection. But, they just don't seem to be showing up at the moment. It's not like the team that goes out is full of youngsters. Rodders is a quality player, well beyond his years, and has admittedly played well; Gosling, not that great, but still young, so could be forgiven, however, he does look as if he's been thrown in at the deep end without his armbands sometimes though. All the other players, Howard, Distin, Hibbert, Neill, Heitinga, Cahill, Fellaini, Jak, Saha, Jo, these are all seasoned first teamers (either with us, with other teams, or internationally). I feel that those players are good enough to put up a better display than conceding 10 and scoring 2 in the last three games, not to mention draws against Stoke and Wolves. The fact of the matter is that we are not showing the grit we displayed last year, we're not getting at teams like we did last season, we're giving the ball away far, far too easily in midfield, and we're making stupid, silly mistakes in defence. Maybe it's tiredness, maybe it's laziness because they know their place is all but guaranteed at the moment, maybe it's lack of confidence, maybe it's a million other things. The fact of the matter though is that we are playing absolutely awful at the moment, and something seriously needs to change. With Villa and Benfica coming up over the next week or so, I'm frankly not optimistic that that change is going to come about any time soon.

My impressions,

Howard - not a bad game can't be blamed for either goal especially after his saves on their penalty

Neill - Mixed bag, some good passes but some really poor ones too

Hetinga - Seemed to DUCK under the cross that led to their first! Made a few good tackles no pace

Distin - Probably his worst game yet, Yids were consistently putting a ball over the top for Pav & Keene yet both he and Heit got caught out by it every time.

Hibbert - A couple of mistakes but worked tirelessly and rescued the cb's on more than one occasion

Gosling - Sorry, but this lad isn't up to it at this level

Rodwell - Fairly decent game, obviously knackered, some passes went astray but generally ok

Fellaini - May as well have swapped places with the corner flag, absolutely awful

Cahill - With all the best will in the world is not a wide midfielder, a lot of effort with little end result. Looks to have lost his edge, couple of decent chances poorly executed.

Yakubu - Off the pace still, showed glimpses of quality but lost out too often

Saha - Some great hold up play, looked our only real threat in the first half, hope it was just precaution bringing him off.

Jo - Sooner he goes back to Shittee the better.

We had a few chances but didn't really test Gomes, gave the ball away too easily and too often and generally speaking had no midfield. Constant hoofs did not help our performance one bit. Wish I hadn't gone to be honest.

Edited by iggy