IGNORED

Spurs (Away)

Ian C

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant see it being that big a humiliation. It all depends on whether we get some players back. Saying that, i dont see 'Arry taking it that serious and with his ego and our recent form i wouldnt be surprised to see him put out his reserves.

im going to say 2-1 to Spurs, with our luck it will be Naughton who scores the last minute winner for them and Howard gets himself sent off or injured (just to complete the crock 11).

Apologies for the downer on things, but im not well at the mo (niether is the missus) and im stuck at work. So not exactly chipper....

Guest rusty747

I think Heitinga will be fit. Not sure about any of the others on the sick list. Would be nice to see Peanuts get a run out in the last 20 minutes or so as a sharpener for next weekend. I hope Moyesy can find a way to give Rodders a rest. The lad looks out of it at the moment and the last thing we need is to destroy his confidence.

Logic says otherwise but I have a feeling that we might just nick this 0-1. Wont be pretty though.

COYB

How about this from a Spurs forum, probably deserves a thread of its own.

This would be the best ground in the country if it is built! A big 1 tiered stand behind the goal for all the vocal supporters and I heard that Daniel Levy wants to knock down White Hart Lane, get Spurs to play at Wembly for 2 years and have a 60,000 stadium built at White Hart Lane, in the same spot as it is now!

Not really looking forward to this one too much, just hoping that we don't pick up any more injuries!

The only positive I can see for us at the moment is that 'Arry will not be starting with most of his regular first team.

Am going with 2-1 to them and hoping not to be too late getting home afterwards.

Edited by iggy

I think Spurs are supposedly playing a load of fringe players. I'm not bothered if we go out as it may be for the best, although I do think we have a big enough squad to cope this year. We have a lot of injuries at the moment but those players will return in the not too distant future. At the moment we'll struggle to beat anyone and I mean anyone, we have virtually nil creativity so we'd struggle to break down Blackpool never mind Spurs, that being said Everton - under Moyes - nearly always give 100% and I expect no different tonight. We'll give Spurs a game and with a bit of luck and the odd lucky set-piece we could win. No one could ask for any more than that with our current injuries, any team would struggle missing nearly all of their best players.

There's no second leg in this round - second legs start at semi stage, I think. If it's a draw after 90mins, it'll be extra time and pens. Definitely don't want that. Might be better to lose after 90 minutes than putting our beleaguered squad out for more than they need to be, and increasing tiredness and the risk of injury

Dont really fancy this one tbh... I guess it depends on who starts for both teams. Although I dont particularly want Moyes to risk any of the first team, I think he will. In an ideal world Id like to see Cahill and Rodwell rested with Jo and Fellaini starting up top. IMO (and it probably is only mine!), when Jo and Felli play up top together they link up really well and I would guess they each scored/contributed the most last season in these positions. I certainly remember the Wigan game (last season) where they both very good (the game when Felli went with corn rows)!

Lol My heart is telling me we might be able to hold out for a 0-0 draw and sneek it on penalties.

However my head is telling me not to be so stupid of cause its going to be 4-0 Spurs!

If I were Moysie I would be tempted to just put out the kids and take a hit on this one seeing as thoughthe league are forcing us into a corner