IGNORED

Yobo

seriously if he goes out on loan i'm gonna be fumin! we're already skint so letting a player who could bring in a decent wedge leave on loan would be ridiculous! i'd rather he didn't leave but if he does he has to leave on a permanent basis!

spot on marco....

Colin Udoh is usually in the loop with the Nigerian lot. He mentioned the Odemwingie to West Brom move well before any of the press got onto it.

As for the possible transfer itself. I just don't see what's in it for us. I spoke over twitter with Colin udoh about it and he said that there are teams abroad that are willing to pay cash for him and would meet over valuation of the player but Yobo will not move abroad. He's got a young family and one more year in England means EU Citezenship or something along those lines.

I'd prefer to sell, he's been a great pro but as a club we've moved on from players of his quality. He's served us well but I wouldn't mind if I never saw him in an Everton shirt again.

seriously if he goes out on loan i'm gonna be fumin! we're already skint so letting a player who could bring in a decent wedge leave on loan would be ridiculous! i'd rather he didn't leave but if he does he has to leave on a permanent basis!

Maybe... Moyes may not actually want to sell but he see's him as 4th choice this season so loaning him out free's up £40k a week(or something) to bring in a loan ourselves for this season - 1 year on and distin another year older moyes may need yobo. It would be nice to have the transfer fee now if we need it to stregthen elsewhere but none of us know what moyes'/the hierarchy's plans are.

Or another 'theory' is... It's about now that teams start getting the sky money - we obviously won't spend all of this on transfers (we can dream though) - it'd be silly for us to take a fee now for yobo and get taxed on it for a year so maybe we're loaning him for 12months to collect a fee at the start of the summer 2011 transfer window.

It's all speculation but I'm sure Moyes will do what he sees best for the club.

Presumably there'll be a decent loan fee, too? So we do get some cash, aside from saving on the wages of a player who's not playing.

saving on some of the wages, i dont see any other club willing to cover all his wages, 40k as mentioned. Still, every little helps!

• 2 weeks later...
was on the phone with Yobo this morning. Said he was definitely leaving. Had a big bust up with Moyes again last week and told him he wanted to leave.

An agent friend of mine told me he had a serious offer for him from Spain, but I cant go into details of why he didnt go there.

In any case, I am getting word that the West Ham deal is off.

Apparently, Everton wanted to sell, WHU could only afford to do a loan deal.

A couple of other discussions taking place, but its cutting it really close.

We'll see how it goes

There's no guarantee that they want to buy him next year. It's a "if you still want him, the price is agreed".

He'll take more wages home now anyway due to the lax tax laws in Turkey. It was probably a major factor in his decision.

With Jags, Distin and Heitinga as options along with Duffy as back up I do see the logic of moving Joseph on. He has been a great servant for us and so it is "thanks and good luck Joseph" from me.

It is a huge shame that we haven't been able to bring in a striker or a RM. However, I think the club are due a good deal of credit for keeping the squad together this summer. We were all worried about the likes of Jack, Arteta, Pienaar and Jags moving on...we still have them.

So boys, you're the ones with the shirt, so go and sort it out.

With Jags, Distin and Heitinga as options along with Duffy as back up I do see the logic of moving Joseph on. He has been a great servant for us and so it is "thanks and good luck Joseph" from me.

It is a huge shame that we haven't been able to bring in a striker or a RM. However, I think the club are due a good deal of credit for keeping the squad together this summer. We were all worried about the likes of Jack, Arteta, Pienaar and Jags moving on...we still have them.

So boys, you're the ones with the shirt, so go and sort it out.

As if Duffy's going to get a go mate, he'll play Cahill at the back first.