IGNORED

Yobo

imo jags and johnny are to similiar, and benefit with yobo next to them. although yobo benefits from havin them more. to play both meens johnny goin in the middle and leavin out fellaini or playin at rb where he wasted. i prefer heitinga over jags although theres not much in it, and would play johnny and yobo, with jags on the bench.

They benefit from his recovery pace and athleticism. Don't really think he'd be all that interested in going to either of those clubs. Wouldn't be surprised to see him somewhere else in Europe if he does leave.

I'd rather have a defender that is all about defending rather than having a bit of pace about him tbh.

But what's the point in having that pace if once you've got the ball from the likes of Agbonlahor you then make a boo boo?

I think Yobo is a great back-up CB but he's just to unreliable IMO to be ahead of Jags or Heitinga.

Bingo - Nail. Head. Hit.

The way I see it is that when Yobo makes a mistake I'm never shocked because I've almost been expecting/fearing it, but if Jags or Heitinga make a mistake it's a surprise.

I want to have confidence in our CB's, which is why I don't like Yobo or Distin starting for us.

I think Distin is a great CB. He's been quite consistent the whole year. Not near as prone to mistakes as Yobo or Senderos. I say sell Yobo, sign up Senderos and we'll have CBs sorted. Jags and Johnny aught to be given the shot at forging a partnership next year with Distin coming in for either one against more physical teams (Bolton, Stoke, Blackburn, etc.)

distin's made a good few mistakes, big ones at that...one arguably may have cost us progression in europe. he played well today but he's still not consistent enough

If your talking about the Sporting goal from a shocker of a pass from Rodwell then I think thats a bit harsh! There were a lot of other reasons why didnt get through but blaming him for not being able to control a ball pinged at his shins is a bit harsh IMO.

Aside from that I agree that he is prone to a mistake BUT he has looked much more settled alongside Heitinga and Jags and I am becoming a huge fan of his massive runs from the back!

I would prefer to have Distin on the bench ahead of Yobo tbh. I know it was his 1st game for a while but against Stoke he (yobo) got dragged out of position on more than a couple of occasions (like the sitter Delap missed) and he just seems to follow the ball too much sometimes.

I also noticed in that game that his pace wasnt as noticeable as it always was. Normally if anyone gets past he is there back making a challenge purely because he is rapid but a couple of times against Stoke he couldnt get back in there. Maybe its because of his rustiness(?) or maybe his pace is going a little with age which is really his only asset!

If your talking about the Sporting goal from a shocker of a pass from Rodwell then I think thats a bit harsh! There were a lot of other reasons why didnt get through but blaming him for not being able to control a ball pinged at his shins is a bit harsh IMO.

Aside from that I agree that he is prone to a mistake BUT he has looked much more settled alongside Heitinga and Jags and I am becoming a huge fan of his massive runs from the back!

I would prefer to have Distin on the bench ahead of Yobo tbh. I know it was his 1st game for a while but against Stoke he (yobo) got dragged out of position on more than a couple of occasions (like the sitter Delap missed) and he just seems to follow the ball too much sometimes.

I also noticed in that game that his pace wasnt as noticeable as it always was. Normally if anyone gets past he is there back making a challenge purely because he is rapid but a couple of times against Stoke he couldnt get back in there. Maybe its because of his rustiness(?) or maybe his pace is going a little with age which is really his only asset!

Totally agree there is no way you can blame Distin for what was clearly an horrendous back pass from Rodders

Totally agree there is no way you can blame Distin for what was clearly an horrendous back pass from Rodders

there's plenty you can blame distin for...it was rodwell's fault it came to it but the challenge distin made was horrdenous and totally unnecessary

there's plenty you can blame distin for...it was rodwell's fault it came to it but the challenge distin made was horrdenous and totally unnecessary

distin's made a good few mistakes, big ones at that...one arguably may have cost us progression in europe

lol again we differ!

I think most normal people would say it was Rodwells fault

distin's made a good few mistakes, big ones at that...one arguably may have cost us progression in europe

lol again we differ!

I think most normal people would say it was Rodwells fault

and if you read my post i said 'it was rodwell's fault'

my point is that despite it being rodwells fault getting him into the situation, distin didn't help himself...the first touch then the idiotic challenge. in the situation he found himself in he had a few options but the worst one by far was to lunge in like he did.

and if you read my post i said 'it was rodwell's fault'

my point is that despite it being rodwells fault getting him into the situation, distin didn't help himself...the first touch then the idiotic challenge. in the situation he found himself in he had a few options but the worst one by far was to lunge in like he did.

the only other option really that i can see was to bring him down as soon as he lost it...what are the others?

probably his match fitness...hadn't played for so long can't expect him to be gazelle like straight away again..i may be wrong because i can't remember if the reason for him being out of the side was the fact jags was back and just got put straight back in or if yobo got injured..?

the only other option really that i can see was to bring him down as soon as he lost it...what are the others?

well, he caught up. he could have hacked him down outside the box, red card but no pen. he could have not gone down at all stood on his feet and put pressure on the player, he was near enough the player was going wider rather than mroe centre if anything push him out. and he could have 'committed' to a challenge, as it waas he just lunged in from behind with no conviction, he didn't get anywhere near the ball...it was rash he could have put in a better challenge than that and could have got closer to the ball. he might have got away with it otherwise.

• 3 months later...

How can you take seriously an article that suggests Tony Hibbert is ahead of Yobo in the center back pecking order :mellow: ?

Makes no sense at all to loan him out.

To be fair, Hibbo played 2 stormers at CB when we needed him to. Either way, we are talking about 2 squad players here, not starters now.

Cant see how we would accept a loan, its not like he needs the experience and we need the money...

Colin Udoh, the same Nigerian journalist whose Tweet was the source of the SOS1878 article a few posts up, just (16:00 GMT-5) posted this tweet:

"Joseph Yobo may be heading to Scotland on a one-year deal. Destination? The Hoops are in the frontline"

He then sent another tweet clarifying his remark as a "one-year LOAN deal".

I thought we just had this conversation earlier this year?

Feel free to jump on me if you think this is "unsourced". Udoh certainly isn't my milkman, but, I can't find anything else to back it up. I asked him for a source, I'll let you know if I get it...

ha.