IGNORED

Yobo

I wouldnt be too fussed if he left either and Im not sure he would even get in my 1st team squad when everyone is fit. Jags & Heitinga to start, Duffy/Distin/Yobo on the bench. We should be able to get a decent fee for him to fund better players... hopefully

I wouldnt be too fussed if he left either and Im not sure he would even get in my 1st team squad when everyone is fit. Jags & Heitinga to start, Duffy/Distin/Yobo on the bench. We should be able to get a decent fee for him to fund better players... hopefully

2M would be decent fee...

I'm really surprised at the comments about Yobo (£2m) :huh:, You have to pay 3 times that much for Dunne, Senderos, Wheater, and several others who we have been linked with, Yobo is on a par with any of those, and even better than some.

Yobo's concentration might lapse on occasions, (Neville will sort that out now he's back), but Joey is still a good defender, it would be silly to get rid of him only to pay more money for someone who isnt as good. ;)

• 1 month later...

i think yobo/jv/yak/vic/and possibly hibbert will all go they have all been passengers this season...and to make the step up to the top 4 moyes will have to be ruthless.

I Agree that they have all been "Passangers" this season, but it wouldnt be in the Moyes "style" to shift along 2-3 starting 11 players in 1 transfer window. I would like to see it happen, i just dont think it will.But if we could get about 20m for all of those players, i would be rather happy, but in todays market, we may only be able to get 1-2 players back in for that sort of money (Unless Davey pulls a few rabbits out of the hat like we know he can).And i doubt Moyes would want to shorten the squad even more.

I'm really surprised at the comments about Yobo (£2m) :huh:, You have to pay 3 times that much for Dunne, Senderos, Wheater, and several others who we have been linked with, Yobo is on a par with any of those, and even better than some.

Yobo's concentration might lapse on occasions, (Neville will sort that out now he's back), but Joey is still a good defender, it would be silly to get rid of him only to pay more money for someone who isnt as good. ;)

with you 100% here Bill. Yobo can be a very good defender, depending on which Yobo turns up. Like you said, I think with Pip giving him earache he should improve his concentration and is a good option to have on the bench. 2 million is a stupid figure, an international with years or EPL and European experience, got to be worth at least that of what we paid for Distin...

Im a fan of Yobo, not the best organiser around and sometimes he doozes off but when youve got solid people around him i think that helps his confidence.

his pace is invaluable when ur playin in the premier league, with forwards like lennon, walcott, defoe etc all relying on their pace.

If we sold him it would be a big loss to our team, well thats my opinion neway

I think Yobo is more useful than Distin or Senderos. We have 2 brilliant defenders in Jagielka and Heitinga, but sometimes you do need that pacey giant to shepherd and shackle a dangerous forward for long enough for your covering CB or DM's to press the ball. Yobo is strong, fast, good in the air. Brilliant player to have in the squad, and I hope we keep him.

I think Yobo is more useful than Distin or Senderos. We have 2 brilliant defenders in Jagielka and Heitinga, but sometimes you do need that pacey giant to shepherd and shackle a dangerous forward for long enough for your covering CB or DM's to press the ball. Yobo is strong, fast, good in the air. Brilliant player to have in the squad, and I hope we keep him.

I agree, although I think he is on par with Distin. I wouldnt get rid of him unless we got a really good offer.

At least until DM thinks Duffy is up to the task, but possibly beyond that.

It's always being pointed out that we have a small squad and it certainly wouldn't hurt to have 4 capable centre backs in the squad to cover injuries/suspensions.

For me Distin & Senderos would be shown the door long before Joey.

Unfortunately Yobo hasnt turned out to be the player i thought he would be when he first came in on loan. He plays too many long aim less balls from the back. He switches off at the back too many times for a top class centre half. If we have to sell somebody to free up some dough Yobo would be first to go for me £7-8 million would do it.

For all the reasons stated about his weaknesses I amstruggling to think who would pay £7-8m for Joseph to be honest. For all the rumours about Arsenal they have never ever bid for him and could Wenger really use someone prone to concentration lapses at CB in the Champions League etc?

Did anyone notice that Jags was organising the defence (or at least tying to on a night when they all forgot how to be a footballer!) from the moment he came on in Lisbon. Will be fascinating to see if Jags and Hheitinga can form a partnership once Jags is really ready to return.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.fansfc.com/Everton/story/19727/7.html

They're used to having defenders prone to brain farts so he'll fit right in there.

Geez Mark what time do you get up to get all of this info!!!

Still no figures being speculated yet. Im quite happy for him to stay, but if we got 4-5mill i would be tempted if we can get another backup defender to replace him....

Geez Mark what time do you get up to get all of this info!!!

Still no figures being speculated yet. Im quite happy for him to stay, but if we got 4-5mill i would be tempted if we can get another backup defender to replace him....

My sleep pattern is completely fucked up :(.

I would think that if Moyes is seriously going to sell Yobo, then somethings going on that we know nothing about!

Yobo's not as good as Jagielka on average, but on his day he's as good as just about anyone else in the prem, he has moments, so does Jags.

I would have thought great squad player.

• 1 month later...

15m!? I want some of your stash! He is a good defender, but going to get the nod ahead of Jags/Johnny/Distin? Ok, maybe Distin but otherwise not. He would be a good player to keep as a reserve but i imagine he will want 1st team footy, which i dont see him getting much of next season. 7m would be a great price. But saying that i still wouldnt sell, would cost that much to replace him and i doubt with anyone better. Swap with Taylor from Newcastle or Cahill from Bolton and that would be perfect!

Edited by galacticaracnid