IGNORED

Yobo

Where's old arry redknapp when you need him. Come on Harry - pop a cheeky £4m bid in there. We know you read Evertons transfer rumour threads.

What club is he at Bodrum? Looks like they have apodpted the market stall haggle technique.

How can it legal to do so? I dont get it, the clauses are there to protect us right?

I believe they have the right to buy him a 6m at any time during the loan. So for example if Everton had a change of heart and valued Yobo at 8 the turks could still get him at 6. But having a clause to buy him at 6 doesnt mean they cant decide that 6m is too expensive and try to negotiate less.

If Yobo played at another club would you buy him for 6m and put him on 45kpw wages? I think its clear to everyone yobo doesnt want to come back, Everton doesnt want him back (nor his wages) and Everton would grudgingly accept less than 6m rather than take him back.

Hello, I am from Turkey and I'm a Fenerbahce fan. As you know we won the championship at Turkey. Yobo played well this season. He has a good athletical ability but his mental attributes aren't good as. Some Fenerbahce fans want to see Yobo at Fenerbahce next year, some fans not. We will be in the Champions League next year and Yobo can help us. As I say Yobo is a good defender. He is captain at Nigeria. He and our other defender Diego Lugano (Uruguay captain) are good duo. But 5-6 M is too expensive for him. We can find a better defender at this fund. 3-4 M is suitible for him. Thats for all. Sory for my bad English. Have a nice day Toffies!

Hello, I am from Turkey and I'm a Fenerbahce fan. As you know we won the championship at Turkey. Yobo played well this season. He has a good athletical ability but his mental attributes aren't good as. Some Fenerbahce fans want to see Yobo at Fenerbahce next year, some fans not. We will be in the Champions League next year and Yobo can help us. As I say Yobo is a good defender. He is captain at Nigeria. He and our other defender Diego Lugano (Uruguay captain) are good duo. But 5-6 M is too expensive for him. We can find a better defender at this fund. 3-4 M is suitible for him. Thats for all. Sory for my bad English. Have a nice day Toffies!

I agree with you, and I'd be willing to part with him for 3.5-4m. Oh, and no problem with you English, it's certainly better than my Turkish.

First of all, greetings to Turkey.Yobo is very great defender.It's value min. 5M.3M very little.Yobo is highly reputable matches are not great players.This is a disadvantage for you but I would like to stay Yobo in Everton.I hope you will stay.Have been told by authorities.Thanks for the message.Have a nice day Keneryalılar. :D

First of all, greetings to Turkey.Yobo is very great defender.It's value min. 5M.3M very little.Yobo is highly reputable matches are not great players.This is a disadvantage for you but I would like to stay Yobo in Everton.I hope you will stay.Have been told by authorities.Thanks for the message.Have a nice day Keneryalılar. :D

apparently this folk is a funny turkish boy, pretending to be an everton fan, so what he says can be ignored. Having said that, i'd like to participate in the discussion in a new message

greetings from turkey everton fans;

well yobo spent a year with fenerbahçe. for the first half of the season he was just decent as the rest of the team who were left 9 points behind the league leaders, eleminated from euro cup as well as turkish cup. but the second half the whole team improved vastly. during this period fenerbahçe had a run of 17 wins and a draw in 18 games, which brought us the league championship. when we first loaned yobo i thought it to be a wise choice as what we lacked in defence was pace and most foreign players find it hard to settle in. seeing the second half of the season, i believe yobo managed to become a part of a team.

our first transfer this summer is another nigerian international, emmanuel emenike, and for the newspapers here it was yobo who first suggested emenike to the nigeria manager. this gives me the idea that yobo will stay in istanbul. yet another interesting purchase we made is serdar kesimal, who is a young, turkish international, central defender..

i think the future fee in the loan deal was set for the duration of the loan deal. so if fenerbahçe offered 5m during the loan, everton board was obliged to accept the offer and let fb negotiate terms with yobo. now that the loan is over, there's no set price so everton could decline a 5m or higher offer if they wanted to. that's not what i get from the messages under this topic though, i suppose the majority of everton fans would be happy to see that happen :D the rumours in the turkish media about the money being talked for this deal is around 3.5m.

so that's all i've got for now, i hope i've been useful for the discussion.

From the Daily Mirror:

Everton face the nightmare of centre half Joseph Yobo returning - after rejecting a £2.5million offer from Fenerbahce.

The Turks want to sign Yobo after a season-long loan, but supremo Bill Kenwright wants £5m.

He has a year left on his Blues' deal and boss David Moyes wants to sell him.

Nightmare sounds a bit strong to me though.

well now the rumour has it that fenerbahçe are after another young turkish defender, serdar aziz. knowing fenerbahçe chairman's bargaining attitude and fb manager's wish to play young footballers in his team, yea i can see the yobo deal falling. i think the everton board are in a mistake to see this deal as if it's btw 2 premiership clubs. An over 30 years old player with only 1 year left in his contract is valued £5m that's insane. To make my point i should add that the highest fee ever spent by a turkish club for a player is €14m not sterlings.

Would anyone prefer us to keep yobo and cash in on jags? Yobo has more ability, Jags is younger and English but to similar to Heitinga who imo is the better.

Selling Jags wouldnt weaken the team at all and would allow for other areas to be strengthened, same arguement could be used for selling Rodwell as well

Would anyone prefer us to keep yobo and cash in on jags? Yobo has more ability, Jags is younger and English but to similar to Heitinga who imo is the better.

Selling Jags wouldnt weaken the team at all and would allow for other areas to be strengthened, same arguement could be used for selling Rodwell as well

With respect Pete0 you must be watching a different team to me. Yobo has the attention span of a gold fish and is always liable to drop a bollock! Jags is by far our best cb and selling would be stupid imo.

i never ever ever want to see yobo back in our side, not after his "i know i'll tie my shoe laces whilst the ball is still in the danger zone"...fucking muppet, he makes minimum a mistake a match. I'd rather play Mustafi for example.

With respect Pete0 you must be watching a different team to me. Yobo has the attention span of a gold fish and is always liable to drop a bollock! Jags is by far our best cb and selling would be stupid imo.

This attention thing is over propelled due to them being more memorable and that they often lead to a goal being conceeded-much like Distan this season. imo jags is at fault for jus as many goals and makes far more errors that go unnoticed as they havent been punished for, largely because of his partnering cb doing a better job of covering his mistakes

:blink: Lol I would put money on you being a Kopite on a wind up