IGNORED

Yobo

Its no bad thing. It isnt what we want £2mill is prob way short of his value. However Moyes clearly has no plans to play him and we can ill afford a reserve player on his salary.

Had it happened sooner it may have created the wiggle room on wages to bring in a free or loan signing sooner, maybe we might see a little movement on this soon, he said more in hope than exepectation

Selling Yobo for 2m is ridiculous.

I'd rather play him, and sell Jags. The guy was our captain, and is a damn fine player. The issues only arose when he was benched. I'm sure if he played every week he would be happy. The guy has been a good servant to the club, and I don't have a problem with him. An in form Yobo is every bit as good as an inform Jags in my book.

He also has the pace to play on the right wing. Why can't Moyes give him a go there?

Please tell me you're on smack?

Hmmmm. Your opinion is different so the other guy must be on smack, huh?

Moyes plays lots of players in lots of positions. Yobo is great going forward, and is a skilful footballer. He is also possibly the fastest player in our team, and one of the quickest defenders in the game. Sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Playing Yobo on the right wing just seems ridiculous that's all.

There's outside the box and then there's cloud cuckoo land. Moyes' insistence on playing players out of position must be rubbing off on you!

I'd even be happy to have Vic playing the right wing if Yobo was seen as the other option.

Selling Yobo for 2m is ridiculous.I'd rather play him, and sell Jags. The guy was our captain, and is a damn fine player. The issues only arose when he was benched. I'm sure if he played every week he would be happy. The guy has been a good servant to the club, and I don't have a problem with him. An in form Yobo is every bit as good as an inform Jags in my book.

He also has the pace to play on the right wing. Why can't Moyes give him a go there?

Definitely sell Jags before Yobo. Will give the kids more of a chance of getting game time sooner and entice them to stay.

Plus the choice between £12+ mil and Yobo compared to £2 mil and Jags seems a no brainer. Would give Moyes some funds to strengthen the wings or up top which would make more of a difference that keeping hold of a cb were there is adequate cover.

Edited by pete0

We could try Tim Howard up front and give Mucha a run in goal tongue.png

For me Yobo is not that great a player. He has pace and strength, his pace has got him out of trouble more than once but as he ages and starts to lose his pace his lack of positioning sense and his inability to read a game will become more exposed. His concentration is not up to much either.

Take the money and run

Playing Yobo on the right wing just seems ridiculous that's all.

There's outside the box and then there's cloud cuckoo land. Moyes' insistence on playing players out of position must be rubbing off on you!

I'd even be happy to have Vic playing the right wing if Yobo was seen as the other option.

shaking%20fist.pngwink.png

Definitely sell Jags before Yobo. Will give the kids more of a chance of getting game time sooner and entice them to stay.

Plus the choice between £12+ mil and Yobo compared to £2 mil and Jags seems a no brainer. Would give Moyes some funds to strengthen the wings or up top which would make more of a difference that keeping hold of a cb were there is adequate cover.

Yes.

We could try Tim Howard up front and give Mucha a run in goal tongue.png

For me Yobo is not that great a player. He has pace and strength, his pace has got him out of trouble more than once but as he ages and starts to lose his pace his lack of positioning sense and his inability to read a game will become more exposed. His concentration is not up to much either.

Take the money and run

You're all mad. Mad I say. crying.gif

He's 30. For a defender, that's prime, and also means we can get another 3-5 years out of him. That alone is why he is worth more than 2m.

He was wanted by some of the top clubs in the game a few seasons ago. He can't be that bad.

Great idea !

Why stop there though we should get rid of Baines to give Garbbut a go, also sell Howard and play that new 16 yr old keeper.

Felli has to go to make room for Wallace and lets get shut of Saha so we can give Hope more games

In fact lets sell the entire squad and play the under 18 squad that won the league last season and while were at it sack Moyes and appoint Stubbsie and we can save loads of dosh

Selling Yobo for 2m is ridiculous.

I'd rather play him, and sell Jags. The guy was our captain, and is a damn fine player. The issues only arose when he was benched. I'm sure if he played every week he would be happy. The guy has been a good servant to the club, and I don't have a problem with him. An in form Yobo is every bit as good as an inform Jags in my book.

When was he our captain?

An inform Yobo is 5 seconds away from a calamitous mistake, an inform Jags is unbeatable so I would have to disagree

lol not even going to comment on the Yobo for right wing shout!

When was he our captain?

An inform Yobo is 5 seconds away from a calamitous mistake, an inform Jags is unbeatable so I would have to disagree

Take a screenshot of this Dunc, I agree 100% with you.

Avinalaff, you seem a dead nice fella so I'm not gonna give you the u certificate response to your suggestion.

Yobos relevance to our team now is about as relevant as konchesky is to Liverpool. The very inclusion of yobo in our back 4 sends shockwaves to the other defenders, you just don't know what he is gonna do. It's s relief to see him hit row z at times. The fact that he has pace does not make him a potential right winger, his control is awful as is his passing.

Yobo has never been comparable to jags for the simple reason, jags is a far superior defender. Concentrates, communicates, and instills confidence. I would sooner see hibbert at centre half than yobo. Seriously.

When was he our captain?

The guy has captained both Everton 'and' Nigeria. He was also the first African player to captain Everton when we played Larissa. Just because he scores an own goal in a derby he gets stick.

The lad is a great defender, and a good lad too.

Take a screenshot of this Dunc, I agree 100% with you.

Avinalaff, you seem a dead nice fella so I'm not gonna give you the u certificate response to your suggestion.

Yobos relevance to our team now is about as relevant as konchesky is to Liverpool. The very inclusion of yobo in our back 4 sends shockwaves to the other defenders, you just don't know what he is gonna do. It's s relief to see him hit row z at times. The fact that he has pace does not make him a potential right winger, his control is awful as is his passing.

Yobo has never been comparable to jags for the simple reason, jags is a far superior defender. Concentrates, communicates, and instills confidence. I would sooner see hibbert at centre half than yobo. Seriously.

I caused you to agree with Dunc - you owe me. wink.png

Jags owes us a good season. Since Lescott left, and the injury, I think he's been poor by his own standards in my opinion. There will always be divided opinion on our players.

As long as you all realise I'm right before the stroke of midnight, the club can still be saved. biggrin.png

Yobo on his day is better than Jags. Mistakes wise Jags is more prone, jus Yobo's tend to be more memorable. If you evaluate the centre halfs we have as pairs, Yobo and whoever is better than Jags and whoever.

Are you me? You seem to have a damn fine mind if you don't mind me saying sir. biggrin.png

Yobo on his day is better than Jags. Mistakes wise Jags is more prone, jus Yobo's tend to be more memorable. If you evaluate the centre halfs we have as pairs, Yobo and whoever is better than Jags and whoever.

Pete, the whole thing about yobo is that he should be one of the best centre halves in the league. Athleticism wise I would put him ahead of a peak rio Ferdinand.

I don't think I've ever seen a player get so much stick from his fellow defenders and keeper than joey, his decisions and concentration have been his downfall, it is a real pity. He is in the same bracket as Titus bramble, on his day a world beater, another day he couldn't beat an egg. Too risky. Centre forwards like Owen love playing on his shoulder.

Decent centre half pairings are generally a good cop, bad cop scenario. One has the physical attributes to cope with a bullying forward, who is brave and a leader and the other a ball playing, thinking, tactician with awareness. I think what ever combination you should wish to play, we don,t have the good cop so to speak, so are missing a vital cog in an otherwise adequate defensive machine.

Pete, the whole thing about yobo is that he should be one of the best centre halves in the league. Athleticism wise I would put him ahead of a peak rio Ferdinand.

I don't think I've ever seen a player get so much stick from his fellow defenders and keeper than joey, his decisions and concentration have been his downfall, it is a real pity. He is in the same bracket as Titus bramble, on his day a world beater, another day he couldn't beat an egg. Too risky. Centre forwards like Owen love playing on his shoulder.

In a team with Phil Neville to shout at him and a more composed(as in does less unnecessary shouting) defender than Jags he is world class. This is mostly taken from the back end of the other season when he came back in to the side, which imo was the last time our back 4 looked solid.

Also i have never really got the hype with Jags. Even when Lescott was here I always thought Yobo was the best cb at the club, and know i'd say Heitinga, Yobo, Distin before Jags. For me Jagielka just doesnt have the 'x' factor to kick on to the highest level, he's at the top end of the bracket jus underneath with likes of Upson, Terry, Dawson i'd even say Distin. As compared to the top tier like Carvalho, Vidic, Kompany and (if they were fully fit) King and Woodgate.

Id sign vidic in a heartbeat, best defender in the prem. In 2 minds regarding yobo. He has turned out great performances in the Everton shirt, and awfull ones to. Id want more than 2 mill. We are not going to buy anyone anyway. Might aswell keep yobo, give him a run if jags or distin gets injured.

In a team with Phil Neville to shout at him and a more composed(as in does less unnecessary shouting) defender than Jags he is world class. This is mostly taken from the back end of the other season when he came back in to the side, which imo was the last time our back 4 looked solid.

Also i have never really got the hype with Jags. Even when Lescott was here I always thought Yobo was the best cb at the club, and know i'd say Heitinga, Yobo, Distin before Jags. For me Jagielka just doesnt have the 'x' factor to kick on to the highest level, he's at the top end of the bracket jus underneath with likes of Upson, Terry, Dawson i'd even say Distin. As compared to the top tier like Carvalho, Vidic, Kompany and (if they were fully fit) King and Woodgate.

I%20surrender.gif

Lol I really do give up now !

huh.pnghuh.pnghuh.png