IGNORED

Yobo

I'm disappointed to see him go.

Do you remember when we signed him, on the back of an excellent World Cup for Nigeria where he even kept Michael Owen at his peak at bay? Yobo was young, athletic and we even beat Juventus and Arsenal to his signature - he was an exciting signing, Moyes' first, He was the poster boy for Moyes' new young, ambitious and industrious Everton alongside Rooney, Yobo raised Everton's reputation in West Africa considerably.

He should be in the first team, same with the Yak... wtf, it does no good for our youth who should be playing instead and it's laughable that players on their wages are fit and ready and still play for the reserves due to some dummy spat... does my head in.

Well... Fenerbahce have just been withdrawn from the Champions League by the Turkish FA. Have to imagine that might have a bit of an impact on their transfer activity. Don't think I'd have any money on Yobo ending up there this summer.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14656932.stm

Saw that too. Seems unlikely now. It has rumbled on long enough and a conclusion doesnt seem likely anytime soon

If we don't sell him then he must be played... and not for the bloody reserves!

Exactly.

It would keep our other players on their toes.

I think part of the reason Jags makes so many mistakes is because he has no competition for his place.

The reason Joey was unhappy in the first place was that he lost his place after being injured, and then had to endure the Lescott partnership.

For me, 2 bad games and you sit down. Only way to get players in form.

based on the fact we can't sell him keep him and sell jags for 15 million. I do think this is one of moyes biggest problems is his holding a grudge. Even wenger is clever enough to realise play nasri in an important game when he had no-one else. I think yobo and yak would atleast give competition with places.

you cant just play him because no one has bought him!

he is not as good as our other three and has no merit to get in the team at the moment.

im fine with him coming back, but he will be fourth choice.

Is Jags playing well enough to keep another International defender out?

If the answer is yes, then fine, but if it is no?

exactly, if Jags needs to be dropped then Heitinga is there.

in my opinion Jags doesnt need to be dropped. he made one mistake against QPR, and in honesty, the team were outnumbered at the time, neville could have come across and one of the midfielders could have dropped in. Jags was isolated and they scored, it happens.

but Yobo is not a patch on our first three centre halfs.

if that was the case we would surely be getting more than the reported 2 mill for him!

It's my opinion, not a fact.

I don't expect it to be the general consensus to be honest, but there are many who share it. Folk are always going to take advantage of our situation with low bids, but it doesn't mean we will accept them, nor if we did, that the price is what the player is worth. We both know he would be quite a bargain at that price, and I can't see it happening.

He's not better than Heitinga or Distin though, they should both have places before Yobo.

Agreed, infact I hold these two as better than Jags so I feel that these two should be first option. However they do need to play more games together to sync properly.