IGNORED

Yobo

Superb performances for England? huh.png David Villa chewed him up and spat him out.

I like Jags, but if Arsenal offer 20 million we have to take it.

I don't quite understand the clip you used to illustrate your point, it started with Jags blocking a Torres shot and then saving David James from embarrassment by clearing it. David Villa did then score a goal, which happened to be a world class goal from a world class striker who happened to be in world class form, and in the rest of the clip (which I presume are highlights of the most important or noteworthy bits from the game since I can only half remember it?) I don't see Jags making another "mistake", although like i said, i don't see how one of the best strikers in the world turning you inside out is a mistake or in any way jags fault. i don't think terry or ferdinand would have done a lot better.

In my own opinion, Jags won't be worth 20mil to anyone a season from now. Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea have all pretty much got their defenses sorted, it's only really arsenal and tottenham out of the teams above us that need defenders and out of those 2 arsenal are the more desperate for a strong, commanding centre back. If arsenal are willing to pay 20mil for him then I would take it, use the money to invest on two 10mil wide players and trust that Saha and Beckford, as well as a goal scoring midfield will be enough. Heitnga is a central defender for Holland and if its good enough for them its good enough for us.

If however arsenal don't come in for Jags, or don't make a good enough offer, Jags is still a top defender and any team around us would gladly have him, it's not that he won't be worth 20mil in a season, he could have a stormer and end up being worth more than that, but if he wants to play for England he needs to play for an English side and a top one at that, and all the teams above us, have got fairly big, expensive defenses, so to them there is no need to spend 20mil on a defender, theyd rather spend it on a winger or striker.

jags has always given a good account of himself, and all football players go through patches of bad form, I honestly think that if we put out a consistent defense this term with fellaini in front of them we won't concede that much, and its highly likely jags will recapture the form that saw him touted as one of the best centrebacks in the country. 18-20mil is a fair price for him, if other teams are willing to pay it fair enough, but if there not, i'm not that disappointed we haven't sold him, because he's the best centre back at the club. In my opinion it goes:

Jagielka

Heitinga

Distin

Yobo

To that end Yobo is surplus to requirements and given that he''s already thrown in the towel we need to get shot of him quickly and try and raise some funds for a late dip into transfer pool.

Edited by The Regulator

I think we've strayed completely off topic on this one.

The whole idea of talking about Jags / Lescott / anybody else, is more to highlight that Yobo isn't crap ..... I think.

To sell him for a few mill in today's market is comical. I'm surprised Arsenal don't buy him and save some money, as they were after him only a few years ago.

We need more money for the guy.

Off to Fene according to TT and Fourth_Official -

Fourth_Official

Looks like Joseph Yobo will complete a transfer to Fenerbache on Friday for a fee of £2m according to reports in Turkey #EFC

TT

Yobo is close to signing for Fenerbahce. £2m fee, two year contract with option for a third year.

£2m... hhhmmm ok yeah, £3m and yeah a good deal. The fact remains is he isn't a good level premiership defender, he aint first choice and he will free up approx £2m a year in wages alone.

The fact he wasnt first choice, was on a decent contract and also wanted to go after a good few years service (we paid £4m for him) means £2m was in the ball park. He is 31 in september, for a player with very little going on between the ears it means he isn't going to be playing at a decent standard once his athleticism declines.

If the money goes towards Onuhoa I will be a very happy man. Highly unlikely.

£2m... hhhmmm ok yeah, £3m and yeah a good deal. The fact remains is he isn't a good level premiership defender, he aint first choice and he will free up approx £2m a year in wages alone.

The fact he wasnt first choice, was on a decent contract and also wanted to go after a good few years service (we paid £4m for him) means £2m was in the ball park. He is 31 in september, for a player with very little going on between the ears it means he isn't going to be playing at a decent standard once his athleticism declines.

If the money goes towards Onuhoa I will be a very happy man. Highly unlikely.

why would you be happy at yobo money goin towards another defender?

why would you be happy at yobo money goin towards another defender?

Because we would be selling a 31 year old, which would enable us to buy a younger better model - who can also play right back which would cover us to sell jags for £18m plus which we could spend on winger/striker.

Because we would be selling a 31 year old, which would enable us to buy a younger better model - who can also play right back which would cover us to sell jags for £18m plus which we could spend on winger/striker.

i'd agree if we sold jags but if only yobo goes no way that money should go towards a defender