IGNORED

Yobo

It's my opinion, not a fact.

I don't expect it to be the general consensus to be honest, but there are many who share it. Folk are always going to take advantage of our situation with low bids, but it doesn't mean we will accept them, nor if we did, that the price is what the player is worth. We both know he would be quite a bargain at that price, and I can't see it happening.

if only Mancini thought it we would be quids in

Im fairly confident that if he doesnt get sold to another club, the he will go on loan. He is at least 4th choice CB, and I wouldnt put it past Moyes to have Neville or Hibbert ahead of him as well.

I dont watch any of the Turkish leagues so I dont know how well he was playing last season, but if I am honest I would rather be giving some of the young players games and get them involved before bringing him back into the 1st team. He has been a cracking player for us but we need to start developing the future talent at the club. Having 4 international (or close to in Distin's case) defenders will just stifle the several young CB's we have coming through.

He's 31 on Monday.

That's not over the hill for a defender. We need to remember that we have a very small squad. The key word to any success is 'squad' rather than 'individual'. Younger players rarely break through into our defence.

It isnt no. It is though for a defender who is lacking in positional awareness and has relied on pace and muscle to overcome his tactical shortcomings.

I have always rated Yobo but feared for him once his athleticism began to wane - for reasons above.

He's 31 on Monday.

That's not over the hill for a defender. We need to remember that we have a very small squad. The key word to any success is 'squad' rather than 'individual'. Younger players rarely break through into our defence.

I didnt realise he was that old tbh!

We might have a small squad but we have thousands of CB's on the books (maybe a slight over-exageration tongue.png ) and I would rather see someone who has a future at the club get games.

Maybe the only reason young defenders dont break through is because they havent been good enough. I cant think of many that have left in Moyes' era that have gone on to do well at another club. I think he rates the likes of Duffy, Mustafi, Dier & Hammar but probably wants them to get some game time. which CB's need. However, look at other clubs with the like of Smalling & Jones coming through at a young age. For Fulham & Blackburn respectively they were put straight into the firing line and coped with it brilliantly, and they are now going on to be real international prospects. The more you hold them back, the less they will develop and thus the worse they will be in the future.

Just to add to that a little, the likes of Terry & Ferdinand were all playing competitive games either for the first team or on loan around their 18th/19th Birthdays. So far Duffy has played more competitive games for N Ireland/R Ireland U21/U19 sides than he has for any club side since he joined Everton.

Edited by Bailey

He's been sent on loan again to Fenerbahce

That's a joke.

Surely we could have sold him in the last window if we aren't going to play him.

Yobo must have refused to play for anyone else. That's all I can think of. Fenerbache won't pay up, so we give him back to them on loan again? Surely there must be a decent fee involved.

• 8 months later...

"Yobo, who has 87 caps for Nigeria, is valued at around £4m, and Everton hope his impressive form will have alerted other clubs across Europe, with sides in Germany and France monitoring him."

Why doesnt Everton instead use him if he is in such an impressive form? Off load Jags instead. Keep Yobo.

4 mil is however a good price for him.

"Yobo, who has 87 caps for Nigeria, is valued at around £4m, and Everton hope his impressive form will have alerted other clubs across Europe, with sides in Germany and France monitoring him."

Why doesnt Everton instead use him if he is in such an impressive form? Off load Jags instead. Keep Yobo.

4 mil is however a good price for him.

im not sure it is to be honest - captain of his national team, yeeeeeears of experience, fit and in form. we got Distin for 5m, surely Jobo is worth at least that?

• 2 weeks later...

Now Football @Now__Football

Being told Leicester & Everton have agreed a fee for Yobo, having medical today at the KP. #LCFC #EFC

no mention of figures, but if they paid 3.5m for Becks, maybe 5m coming our way? Either way, should be enough for a Pienaar transfer.....