IGNORED

Axel Witsel

Shows how much the expectations have changed when we're turning our noses up at Witsel

£30m for a player with 1 year left on his contract? I'm not really bothered by him as a player, but thats stupid money for someone playing in Russia with 12 months left on their contract.

£30m for a player with 1 year left on his contract? I'm not really bothered by him as a player, but thats stupid money for someone playing in Russia with 12 months left on their contract.

I'm not disagreeing mate just saying that 3 years ago the boards servers would be melting just at the sniff of us signing him now people are saying nar.

Not sure how I feel about this one. 30 mil? Would assume that Barry is a better passer, tackler, and interceptor than Witsel. Witsel did collect 6 goals in all comps last season tho.

Barry's on average not better than Witsel, but it's actually a good comparison in terms of playstyle. Both are silent workers on midfield, but Witsel is maybe a bit more versatile. Besides CM and CDM he can also play RB, RM, and if needed in times of emergency (such as red card + no more subs) he can play CD.

Random fact, early on in his career he's become famous for gruesomely breaking Marcin Wasilewski's leg during a game between Anderlecht and Standard. Wasilewski's promosing career as a CD was thought to be severely hindered due to the long revalidation time, but 2 months ago he became EPL champion with Leicester.

Edited by Mirallas

I just find it weird that Everton has this sort of money to spend. I thought Fellaini back in the day was an exception. But they repeated it with Lukaku and now this? Is this thanks to the TV money?

we have a new owner (former arsenal shareholder) Farhad Moshiri. He's a multi-billionaire. He's said we get 100m pound kitty this summer not including sales. He means business, he wants to win.