IGNORED

Sporting Lisbon

MikeO

Seriously pissed of that, on top of having to play at a stupid time, the KO move means we're not live on free to air :angry: .

Giving serious thought to coming up.

Sporting on a crap run....four losses on the bounce....conceding twelve goals in the process. Should be good win.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously pissed of that, on top of having to play at a stupid time, the KO move means we're not live on free to air :angry: .

Giving serious thought to coming up.

Sporting on a crap run....four losses on the bounce....conceding twelve goals in the process. Should be good win.

lol when do Everton ever do anything according to plan? We will probably lose 2-0 at home and win 3-0 away!

Seriously though Im just a tad concerned that Johnny H isnt available

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//tm_headline=sporting-lisbon-struggling-ahead-of-europa-league-clash-with-everton-fc%26method=full%26objectid=25824310%26siteid=100252-name_page.html

0-0 or 1-0 to us... hopefully :unsure:. I'm worried about what our centre back pairing is going to be without Heitinga, losing Neill is looking bad in terms of the Europa. If it's Senderos and Distin then I'm going to spend the entire night in a state of panic at Goodison.

Edited by Romey 1878

I am more worried about a Yobo/Distin partnership than senderos/distin...

Heitinga is going to be a big big miss but its time for someone to stand up and prove them self. Sendoros looked very comfortable on the ball, is very strong and good in the air so I think he should be given the nod as a direct replacement for Heitinga. If you combine his strength with Yobo's pace you could have a very decent pairing even if they are susceptable to fuck ups.

It also looks dangerous without Felli as the steel and header winning midfielder. We should get more time on the ball which means Arteta/Pienaar/Donovan should be dangerous. It may even be an opportunity for Neville to move into the midfield to give Coleman a run out, but I very much doubt it.

I dont know what to predict as I havent seen Sporting even if their form has been poor I dont know why they are losing and apart from Veloso and Moutinho I dont know who plays for them. Hopefully we win and keep a clean sheet to set us up for the away leg. However knowing Everton we will probably lose 2-1 and leave it all to do!

well im not sure about that he was ok to play until a madrid dropped into it if they get knocked out i think he can play because he hasnt played in the competition.

Wrong sadly...posted before but...the relevant UEFA regulations...

18.17 For all matches from the start of the round of 32, a club may register a

maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the

current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February

2010 at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

18.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club

competition matches for another competing club in the current season may

exceptionally be registered provided that the player has not been fielded:

in the same competition for another club,

for another club that is currently in the same competition.

Furthermore, if the player’s new club is playing in the UEFA Europa League,

his former club must not have played in the UEFA Europa League at any

point in the current season.

He has played in Europe for another club currently in the same competition. And all player registration had to have been completed by 1st Feb so there's no opportunity to add him to our list anyway.

If Atletico had finished anywhere other than third in their Champs League group we'd have been OK.

i dont want to get too excited. Johnny has been dominating the defence and to have him missing will be a big knock to the confidence. Hopefully our attacking force will prove too much for them and we pin them into their half to give Howard an easy game. Im not guessing the score again, it seems to be doing us good!

i dont know...but mikeo will.

I don't know stuff....I just look it up :) .

Not entirely sure what you mean....are you saying the Europa Cup winners should get a place in the following years Champs League?

Don't think that's a bad idea personally....although I'd guess that the winners would often qualify anyway through their own league.

even allowing for the time of the kick off il be dissapointed if it a poor crowd...if it is then we dont deserve euro football....jesus its only 20 quid...no doubt if we get to the final all them that dont go this time will be crying for a ticket its games like these that should be given priority vouchers.

You do get a form of voucher in the number of credits awarded to each game. So the more times you go the more credits you will get and more chance of a ticket when it comes to finals etc etc.

There is a guy from Serbia talking about the different methods / types of "placenta theropy" and the discusting practices it can sometimes involve...

anyway he goes on in this clip about various prem footballers and how this season many have been treated in various ways using these methods.....

It mentions Jags in there...... apparently hes been drinking the stuff ..... urgh!!!!

DangerMouse I am just going to let that one go in one ear and out the other. I would love to see Jags on the bench, but more so would love to see him in full form along with Mikel. I think being cup tied is rediculous IMO. Your on a different team. Things should not carry over. I also think that if competitions are going to be mixed that the winner should have an automatic bid to champs league. Everyone knows that this is most likely never going to happen. Think of all the bitching of Champs League clubs. I know friends that would bitch bitch bitch if Everton was in Champs League through Europa, but I would love to see it happen :P

Yobo is in the squad....Senderos a doubt...no sign of Jags.

Everton (from): Howard, Nash, Baines, Distin, Coleman, Yobo, Senderos, Neville, Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Bilyaletdinov, Pienaar, Donovan, Gosling, Cahill, Saha, Yakubu, Vaughan, Duffy, Baxter, Forshaw.

Distin/Yobo partnership :unsure: ??

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/41279/yobo-returns.html