• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jags (£20m) + Yobo (£3m) + Yak (£3m) + Beckford (£4m) = £30m

and

Sturridge (£15m) + Onouha (£6m) + winger + couple of loans (striker/def) = £30m

would people be happy?

Please note this is very football manager and has no actual chance of happening!!!

Even if we dont sell Jags, Onouha should be signed if we can raise funds. I know we need a striker and winger, however Onouha is a v good player potential to be exceptional. He can also play right back and is probably a step up from what we have there (if coleman plays rm). Distin wont go on much longer.

and

would people be happy?

Please note this is very football manager and has no actual chance of happening!!!

I just wouldn't sell Beckford. at all. He'll come on and has the potential to score from nothing. Getting rid of him would be a tep-backwards in our strikers ranks. I genuinely beleive he's the only out-and-out goal scorer we have (some smart arse will say Saha, but he's one sneeze away from paralysis)

and

would people be happy?

Hang on a minute you've forgot to take out the 10 million to service debt. Thats gonna put a spanner in your plans isnt it!

i think this may be the case. I can see Jags going and Onouha being the replacement. Not a bad move if we generate 10 mill profit for a winger or striker

Would be hoping for more than 10 profile from that deal:

Jags = 18m

Onouha = 5 m

13m for two players striker and winger.

Kenwright said we're operating at an annual loss of £5m each year - taking Yak and Yobo off the wage bill should sort that out just about and if we could get £5-6m I'd imagine that would go on loan fees and maybe even fellaini's new contract.

If we are to actually sign someone I believe it must be one of our 'star' players leaving to keep the books in check. I'd rather it be Bily or Heit though.

Guest blueboy122

I wouldnt mind seeing Jags leaving if this lad was to be brought in. I would just forgot about signing a striker I think the ones we have are more than capable to be honest, just fund moves for two wingers maybe the lad from germany, holtby is it? Rumoured 6 million.

I wouldnt mind seeing Jags leaving if this lad was to be brought in. I would just forgot about signing a striker I think the ones we have are more than capable to be honest, just fund moves for two wingers maybe the lad from germany, holtby is it? Rumoured 6 million.

huh.png Have we got a couple of strikers stashed away in a cupboard somewhere that I havent seen yet?

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

i dont want this lad ive said before he always looks over weight to me also cant get in there side.its a no for me lets keep jags,i understand the reason for selling jags but i would want better than onuoha.

Probably quickest centre half in the league, was a class 100m runner. Not sure about the weight - big lad. Good defender.

Guest blueboy122

huh.png Have we got a couple of strikers stashed away in a cupboard somewhere that I havent seen yet?

I just think that the forwards are ok to be honest and more than capable of doing a job. We need an attacking outlet that for me is the biggest problem actually getting the ball to the forwards. Why bother signing a forward who will only get the same service or no service that our forwards do now, i dont see any forward really changing that unless we were to spend 20 million plus on a world class striker who is the complete striker such as villa/drogba etc

If we got £16m plus for jags and had money to buy onohua and holtby for example and put £3m in the bank yep.

What's the point of selling Jags if we're only going to get rid of 3m of debt? I'd rather all the money went to get rid of debt, and the club had a bit of breathing space. We don't need to replace him. We already have options. Sell him, bank the money, and give the club breathing space. We probably should have done that with most of the Lescott money in hindsight, yet the club let Davey reinvest it, and with respect, I don't think it paid off.

What's the point of selling Jags if we're only going to get rid of 3m of debt? I'd rather all the money went to get rid of debt, and the club had a bit of breathing space. We don't need to replace him. We already have options. Sell him, bank the money, and give the club breathing space. We probably should have done that with most of the Lescott money in hindsight, yet the club let Davey reinvest it, and with respect, I don't think it paid off.

I agree here but i still think we would need to bring in a back up for Johny and Distan, if we could put 10 mill off the debt I would be happy, I dont think any of the young CB's are ready yet and I wouldnt fancy Hibbo or Nev at CB again.