IGNORED

Onuoha

Well it looks like Yobo will be staying so there's the extra cover.

Plus, Moyes said yesterday he hoped nobody would come in with suitable offers for our big players because the bank would take it all and he'd see none of it.

Well yeah forgot about him!!

Seems Moyes has gone for the ostridge approach of bury head in the sand and hope the Bank goes away! they will still be looking for the money come end of season or Jan.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point of selling Jags if we're only going to get rid of 3m of debt? I'd rather all the money went to get rid of debt, and the club had a bit of breathing space. We don't need to replace him. We already have options. Sell him, bank the money, and give the club breathing space. We probably should have done that with most of the Lescott money in hindsight, yet the club let Davey reinvest it, and with respect, I don't think it paid off.

It's about getting the right price for a defender whose value is at the highest it will be and is set to depreciate as time goes on and replacing him with somone who IMO opinion is worth £6m but has the potential to be as good if not better than Jags. With the extra money we could get another player with massive potential and give the banks a little something to get breathing space.

We have no young centre halves ready to step up as yet, the risk we have is the fact that barring jags we have an old centre half and one who is not being played at the back.

• 4 months later...

I would take him 100% - purely for the reason that he may solve our weak right back situation as well as covering centre half (allow us to sell Jags?)

We certainly shouldn't have to sacrifice signing a striker because he's a defender, he is a potentially awesome defender, young and versatile with unreal pace.

He may be available at a snip so it's a yes from me.

I would take him 100% - purely for the reason that he may solve our weak right back situation as well as covering centre half (allow us to sell Jags?)

We certainly shouldn't have to sacrifice signing a striker because he's a defender, he is a potentially awesome defender, young and versatile with unreal pace.

He may be available at a snip so it's a yes from me.

This. (apart from selling Jags.)

The emergence of Shane for me means that one of the 3 centre halves can go, with onuoha, heitinga, Duffy and distin we can free up maybe £15m with the sale of jags.

If we sign Onuoha then I want him signed as a right back primarily and back-up at CB when required. We should have held out for Richards in the Lescott deal, many disagreed but look at him now... I think Onuoha will develop in a similar way.

Hibbo has done a great job this season and has possibly been our most consistent performer and Phillip is a more than adaquette right-back but he's not got much left to give... despite this, the modern day right-back must be able to attack and defend with quality and I believe Onuoha would be an improvement on what we have already.

If we sign Onuoha then I want him signed as a right back primarily and back-up at CB when required. We should have held out for Richards in the Lescott deal, many disagreed but look at him now... I think Onuoha will develop in a similar way.

Football's a funny old game!!! Looking through the archives (I will not name and shame!)

I'd rather have a proper RB tbh, richards is not a RB and he looks so awkward playing there - he's not comfortable enough on the ball because he's so big. I'd be so disappointed if we brought him in and played RB. I'd rather keep Hibbert playing there than play Richards.

dont%20know.gif Erm, J?

hmmmm....its going to be one of those days isn't it :unsure: because im at work, I have to keep coming back to replies; half constructing sentances when the boss goes out the room, so by the time i was planning on posting it, you already had :( So yes, now it looks like i'm a twat.

You didn't have a response there when i pressed on the 'reply' button...

*cries in humiliation*