IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

He may not get another game in the Euros given the 3 other strikers they have.

Benteke has had a nightmare of a season, Origi came on and was also shite so makes me wonder what the fuss is about Batashuayi if he is behind these 3 in the pecking order

Lukaku has been in good form for Belgium before last night so I think he will get another chance

I was surprised he wasn't subbed earlier. Italy had obviously done their homework and he was tightly marked which meant his poor first touch was easily picked up by defenders, it was almost like he was passing to them. His value is going to dip during this tournament.

Origi certainly did run around a lot. He got fouled a fair few times I think 2 or 3 italians got booked as they lost their shape with his intent.

Should he have scored? Yep. Is it some sort of consolation that he didn't? For me he injected urgency to the team.

Lukaku afforded bonucci all the time in the world to pick his 50 yard pass for the goal. Just sheer laziness, Martinez can't be blamed for that.

Origi certainly did run around a lot. He got fouled a fair few times I think 2 or 3 italians got booked as they lost their shape with his intent.

Should he have scored? Yep. Is it some sort of consolation that he didn't? For me he injected urgency to the team.

Lukaku afforded bonucci all the time in the world to pick his 50 yard pass for the goal. Just sheer laziness, Martinez can't be blamed for that.

:doh:

I just knew you'd make their goal all about him.

Who does?

The only way you should renew a contract for someone who has 3 years remaining is if they are at risk of becoming disattisfied or you want a release clause put in.

Given the fact that hes already disattisfied for non financial reasons then sod him.

The only way you should renew a contract for someone who has 3 years remaining is if they are at risk of becoming disattisfied or you want a release clause put in.

Given the fact that hes already disattisfied for non financial reasons then sod him.

Agree with all of it, even I've been happy to see him go in recent weeks. But, my ideal scenario was always keep him until January and, if he's not happy / underperforming again, sell him then. I'd also rather we offered him a new contract with a crazy release fee in it that lose him for a deflated figure after the Euros.

My biggest fear of him staying though, is you turning every thread into a Rom-bashing session for another season :P