IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I do wish these sites would put context behind some stats.....

Rom:- 151 games - 60 goals (1 in 2.5)

Icardi:- 120 games - 58 goals (1 in 2)

Kane:- 86 games - 49 goals (1 in 1.75)

Berardi - 92 games - 40 goals (1 in 2.3)

Dybala - 125 games - 40 goals (not sure where they got his stats from)

Yup, fact is he's the best u23 goal scorer :)

yup - fact is he played more games than the others and has the second lowest goals to games ratio.

That's why I hate lack of context in stats - its like car salesman trickery.

I asked a salesman what is your APR on your finance on this car over the 3 years? - his reply? "You will only pay £20 per week". I asked again - what is your APR? his reply was "Is £20 a week out of your budget?"....... quietly I do my sums using his £20 a week spin.....

my reply was "OK - thanks for not telling me that the APR is 29.9%, I understand that the car will cost £20 per week to repay but if I use my own credit card it will work out at £14 per week as you are skimming a third off, if you were up front with me I would have made that choice and maybe still bought the car.... you lost a sale"

yup - fact is he played more games than the others and has the second lowest goals to games ratio.

I asked a salesman what is your APR on your finance on this car over the 3 years? - his reply? "You will only pay £20 per week". I asked again - what is your APR? his reply was "Is £20 a week out of your budget?"....... quietly I do my sums using his £20 a week spin.....

my reply was "OK - thanks for not telling me that the APR is 29.9%, I understand that the car will cost £20 per week to repay but if I use my own credit card it will work out at £14 per week as you are skimming a third off, if you were up front with me I would have made that choice and maybe still bought the car.... you lost a sale"

Aaah, come on man! That was too easy :lol:

You're right, but thats the beauty/problem with stats - both are actually correct and it depends on how you want to interpret them

Same old, same old.

Both sides right.

I thinks it's naive to think that opposition doesn't count.

England playing Accrington?

Players makes debut and scores four.

England playing Argentina?

Player makes his 20the cap and scores one.

Will the manager drop one for the other?

Of course neither is actually more likely.

Though experience would choose the senior player...caps wise.

Does that make the debutant shit? Again

.could go either way.

But on my playing career I found it easier to score past the church wickets than i did against bridgenorth town.

If a car salesman does that they are in breach of FCA regs, risk losing their own ability to sell financial products and also risk their companies ability to sell financial products. In the case of a main dealer, that could lose them the franchise. Big problems. You should have reported him to FCA.

What does it matter if there's maybe 2 or 3 U23 strikers who are a tad more efficient blablabla even that needs a context btw...

What matters is that he's a good, effective and consistent goalscorer who has evolved to bring more qualities into the game than just bagging goals.

Are they just going to add a year on to this stat every year as long as he has more games and more chances to score than his peers? Its a very obvious "spin" stat.

lets say a kid aged 19 scores 30 goals in 30 games of his first season in the top flight ..... he will not make this list.... but you bet your bottom dollar he will be europes hottest property

I'm not too sure about the other qualities you speak of, to me he is a player who unless he puts the ball in the back of the net doesn't offer much more - his hold up play and linkage is generally pretty poor, his work rate is questionable so yeah back to goals....

His last ones came in early march and he has been 13 league games without scoring - that is a consistent run of games without scoring. If this was Kone he would be dropped and ridiculed.

Lets hope the 2 goals against Cyprus get him going again because he has looked pretty poor since March including the Euros.

If a car salesman does that they are in breach of FCA regs, risk losing their own ability to sell financial products and also risk their companies ability to sell financial products. In the case of a main dealer, that could lose them the franchise. Big problems. You should have reported him to FCA.

I'm more than aware of miss-selling..... payment protection springs to mind. He will have probably covered it in his waffle when you are about to sign the agreement.

The trick is to identify the spin or at least be aware of what they are saying in their sales disclosure - most people aren't. They recall the spin.

The sales game has changed now, they aren't like dodgy car sales guys from the past anymore. There are so many deals and bits of information on the net now that the best salesmen just put the info out infront of the customer and give complete honesty.

But what you said isn't miss selling, its deception. If a customer asks a question about a financial product you have to answer it. Miss selling is if they give you a financial product in the deal without telling you.

Must have gone to a bad bad place haf.

The sales game has changed now, they aren't like dodgy car sales guys from the past anymore. There are so many deals and bits of information on the net now that the best salesmen just put the info out infront of the customer and give complete honesty.

But what you said isn't miss selling, its deception. If a customer asks a question about a financial product you have to answer it. Miss selling is if they give you a financial product in the deal without telling you.

Must have gone to a bad bad place haf.

Vauxhalls - ellesmere port..... he had bad shoes (always makes me weary on salesman). I would be very surprised if he was still working there.

Can't wait till Tuesday....to see what boots Lukaku's wearing haha.

I'll have to remember that one next time I buy a car.

More bothered about the attitude.

His goalscoring should take care of itself... if he chooses the right attitude he will score goals and offer the team an edge.

Are they just going to add a year on to this stat every year as long as he has more games and more chances to score than his peers? Its a very obvious "spin" stat.

lets say a kid aged 19 scores 30 goals in 30 games of his first season in the top flight ..... he will not make this list.... but you bet your bottom dollar he will be europes hottest property

I'm not too sure about the other qualities you speak of, to me he is a player who unless he puts the ball in the back of the net doesn't offer much more - his hold up play and linkage is generally pretty poor, his work rate is questionable so yeah back to goals....

His last ones came in early march and he has been 13 league games without scoring - that is a consistent run of games without scoring. If this was Kone he would be dropped and ridiculed.

Lets hope the 2 goals against Cyprus get him going again because he has looked pretty poor since March including the Euros.

Fortunately some of us can see past his goals tally and can judge him as a player

He came on as a sub against WBA when we were 1-0 down and didn't score but played a major part in turning that game around