IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

The last 20 minutes was when Valencia was on the pitch. Lukaku is a top class player but is not a sole striker, his hold up play is abysmal. It was abundantly clear that he benefits from having someone else up front and we offer so much more like that.

If we can keep Valencia fit and he can keep performing like he did regularly anf hopefully hit 10 goals for us then I would gladly pay the money for him. But we have to use him to take the burden away from Lukaku to hold the ball up.

My ideal player would be Troy Deeney, a lot don't like him but I think he would work really well with Lukaku.

Troy Deene is a monster. Very underrated player. Unfortunately his club know his worth and he would cost a fortune.

There was nowhere for him to move he was isolated we were so deep the nearest player was 20 yards away from him. He done well in the air yesterday he won a lot of headers but they just went to a Utd player because there was no one supporting him.

Even you must see that Haf.

There was nowhere for him to move he was isolated we were so deep the nearest player was 20 yards away from him. He done well in the air yesterday he won a lot of headers but they just went to a Utd player because there was no one supporting him.

Even you must see that Haf.

I was irritated by the long ball tactic. He won 50% of his headers which is decent for him. Time to play Rom as a front 2 with a hard working foil. Valencia has earned that opportunity.

Jenas said he doesn't get what koeman is trying to do. Said we look like we can't string passes together etc. Got to agree with him. Koeman isn't one of us - he doesn't have to be but he's so fuckin distant it's a joke.

Up till 60 minutes or so they did. Pogba played more like a gareth Barry rather than a player who needs to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Efficient etc but doesn't use his talent.

The hardly "dominated" the game. Up until soft arses rush of blood to the head they didn't even remotely look like scoring. We had more shots and on target and were by far the better team second half.

I''m not saying we battered them or deserved to win, they're a better side with better players but we never looked on the back foot once all game. They had more possession which you would expect but Gana had a MUCH better game than Pogba yet Pogba "bossed" it.

They're just wanking over Utd and Mourinho like they always do. It's an absolute piss take to say they dominated us and Pogba ran the show. City dominated us big time but no way were United dominant yesterday.

Edited by Paddock

The hardly "dominated" the game. Up until soft arses rush of blood to the head they didn't even remotely look like scoring. We had more shots and on target and were by far the better team second half.

I''m not saying we battered them or deserved to win, they're a better side with better players but we never looked on the back foot once all game. They had more possession which you would expect but Gana had a MUCH better game than Pogba yet Pogba "bossed" it.

They're just wanking over Utd and Mourinho like they always do. It's an absolute piss take to say they dominated us and Pogba ran the show. City dominated us big time but no way were United dominant yesterday.

I didn't think there was much in it but we didn't look like we had a plan going forward. Just very odd. It's like koeman is experimenting and painting by numbers.

I didn't think there was much in it but we didn't look like we had a plan going forward. Just very odd. It's like koeman is experimenting and painting by numbers.

I don't think he rates many of the players in the squad and is having to try and find a mix to get points until we can bring in the players he and Walsh deem the right ones.

Hopefully they've been working hard and we get the key ones in very early in January. No scrambling around on deadline day again.

I don't think he rates many of the players in the squad and is having to try and find a mix to get points until we can bring in the players he and Walsh deem the right ones.

Hopefully they've been working hard and we get the key ones in very early in January. No scrambling around on deadline day again.

Funny enough. I've been off sick with this gastro bug that will likely hit half the country so I downloaded FM 17 for ipad...

I have pretty much got rid of the following:-

Lennon, McCarthy, oviedo, Cleverley, kone, niasse,

Jags is old, baines is on his last legs...

I will sell Lukaku when I get the player in to replace him first!

There is a lot of shite in our squad.... lots of work to do.

Edited by Hafnia

That's my whole point, there wasn't much in it yet those clowns on MotD "United dominated the game" and "Pogba bossed it" they must have been watching a different game to me and most others because neither of those statements are close to being true.

Pisses me off the Mourinho and United love in. When I was going home from the game one of the presenters on talk shite actually said it was a shame Everton equalised because it means United are miles off in the title race. I literally couldn't believe my ears.

I get the same feeling however he started with a good balance and has then tinkered it. Lennon isn't going to be one of his style of players yet he has started him a couple of times and he was anonymous too.

Funny enough. I've been off sick with this gastro bug that will likely hit half the country so I downloaded FM 17 for ipad...

I have pretty much got rid of the following:-

Lennon, McCarthy, oviedo, Cleverley, kone, niasse,

Jags is old, baines is on his last legs...

I will sell Lukaku when I get the player in to replace him first!

There is a lot of shite in our squad.... lots of work to do.

I did a similar thing with Fifa. I was only left with Lukaku, Bolasie, Gerry, Ross, McCarthy, Gana, Baines, Williams, RFM and Coleman. Holgate/Galloway etc have stuck around with Dowell and Davies getting games from the bench.

Straight in was a keeper, a young replacement for Barry, a young beast of a centre back and another big young striker in Roms mould (physically). If only it was that easy!

What a load of shit, got nothing to do with the service, remember?

Matt.... take a look at the comments near all of us including myself were bemused that Lukaku was used as a deep aerial target for the long ball against united... not sure why you are making this out to be an excuse for other games. This was the only game I've ever seen him used this way.

But yeah - maybe the media need to be careful about "direct" after all wasn't this what he was asking us to play under Martinez?

Either way he was his usual lazy self in terms of his running. Bright for first 20 and then just nothing once he'd had enough.

Edited by Hafnia

"Of the 503 outfield players to play in the Premier League last season, amazingly, none covered less ground per 90 minutes than Lukaku."

This season he has moved up 4 places?

That's absolutely diabolical and he should be embarrassed. Am I surprised? Am I fuck. I've spent the past 18 months smacking head against a brick wall making the point that he's lazy... unfortunately too many people kid themselves into thinking he puts in a shift... yeah right.

Maybe someone will tell me that there is a reason for his lack of movement.... I keep getting told he makes runs. He doesn't. He's a bloody statue. Time to wake up people.

Yes. Koeman's tactics leave a lot to be desired but not as much as Roms work ethic.

Am I surprised that he came last and I would be interested to see where other strikers came but at the same time, I would be expecting him, as a central striker, to be run less distance than any of the outfield players bar maybe the centre backs. His main work will be short sharp bursts and not running the length of the pitch.

Can anyone get access to the full list?

I've defended Rom a lot, but that is a damning statistic.

He's not getting great service, no doubt; at the same time, he needs to get his ass in gear. It's embarrassing to be that low in distance covered.

I would love to see the full list and see where all our players are. Teams are pressing more and more now and our squad needs to realize that's becoming the nature of the game.

Am I surprised that he came last and I would be interested to see where other strikers came but at the same time, I would be expecting him, as a central striker, to be run less distance than any of the outfield players bar maybe the centre backs. His main work will be short sharp bursts and not running the length of the pitch.

Can anyone get access to the full list?

OK.... there are 20 teams in the league leaving probably somewhere in the region of 40 strikers that will get decent enough game time.... HE FINISHED THE LOWEST OUT OF ALL OF THEM.

I expect centre halves to run the least especially the ones who have to mark lukaku. The centre forwards job is to give the centre halves decisions to make - step out and pick up, pass him on to their partner, all whilst retaining a shape. It's a centre forwards job to make them struggle and he doesn't

We can try all sorts of wonderful excuses.. Let's face it I've seen them all. Isolated is the favourite... isolated is the symptom of laziness in his case.

What will it take till some fans actually see how bone fuckin idle he is? I swear the majority just oppose my opinion as some sort of point scoring "colours ylto the mast" bullshit. You just can't argue with the stuff that's come our.

Before this came out I had for a long time called out his lack of intense sprints - strolling over to a defender as a gesture. The stats came out... they weren't good enough. Now this and there supposedly should be some explanation for it? Not for me. It is what it is... he's lazy and I'm glad it's out there.

Edited by Hafnia

That's a pretty damnng article for Rom agreed.

But it also shows that he isn't alone in our team.

I think it's obvious his head is somewhere else now and we really should cash in before his price drops anymore.

No point having one of the best strikers in the division if he doesn't want to play here.

The article does a good job of pointing out that our form isn't just down to Lukaku though, and that our set up and tactics are also to blame.

Did anyone watch Perez for Arsenal last night?

I think that's the type of forward that Koeman prefers, good movement and passing ability.

Personally I didn't need to see this article. If people needed some stats to make them realise that the bloke is bone idle and a reactive runner then I don't know what it is they are watching.

I'm not expecting him to be a Dennis straq and be a headless chicken. I do however expect him to make disruptive runs make the defenders work a bit. He plays like he's in a pre season friendly. He isolates himself! I've heard pundits say "he's marked himself out the game" before now and that's exactly it.

Once in a blood moon he will go on an impressive sprint and that's it.

Valencia did more in 20 minutes in terms of effort and energy than I have seen from Rom in a while.

Then again this whole nonsense has been going on so long that none of his fiercest defenders will even hold their hands up to these stars and say "got no argument".... and do you know what? There absolutely is no argument. It's all had and his hatred for Rom.... when in actual fact it isn't. It's Haf and his bewilderment over a hyped player who has no concept of work ethic or team play.

Edited by Hafnia