IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

The players around him, he can improve in his movement, but its a team question to create more chances and if he gets chances we know he'll score goals.

Team question indeed - something he is a part of and yes Koeman recognises "players around him" but also says "he can improve in his movement"

I would say that's putting it "mildly" - personally I hope that some very very frank exchanges have happened on both sides of the coin. Our wingers have been poor but I feel ridiculously sorry for Barkley. The lack of movement in front of him has been absolutely shocking and he has been the fall

Why did I bother....

Why did I bother....

sorry was you postring that to say that Koeman said "he doesn't want him running round like a headless chicken"

he goes to say that the chances are a "team" focus and that he can improve his movement... which I think all people are saying here... unless you don't think his lack of movement and intelligence is something of a concern?

sorry was you postring that to say that Koeman said "he doesn't want him running round like a headless chicken"

he goes to say that the chances are a "team" focus and that he can improve his movement... which I think all people are saying here... unless you don't think his lack of movement and intelligence is something of a concern?

You know full well what I was replying to, I even quoted the part for you because I knew you'd go out of your way to ignore it.

Just goes to show that either you don't want to see the service argument, or you're just too blind to do so.

You know full well what I was replying to, I even quoted the part for you because I knew you'd go out of your way to ignore it.

Just goes to show that either you don't want to see the service argument, or you're just too blind to do so.

How? its what we have been discussing for the last how many posts?

Chance creation is a "team" focus.... that means the player on the ball looking to make the pass and the player looking to receive the pass.

Have I in any way said that all our wingers and midfield have been great and its just down to Rom that he has no chances? not at all.... I am responding to the repeated nonsense that he is in some way isolated.... isolation is the symptom of lack of intelligent movement or effort - simple as that.

so... Koeman has said "his movement can be better"..... I'd expand on that.... his movement has to be much better and yes if the players are not making the passes that the runs deserve then I will point the finger at them. Till then I will leave it at this - the lad has been called up on his lack of running with tangible FACTS.... its over to him and the rest of the TEAM to improve on that.

How? its what we have been discussing for the last how many posts?

Chance creation is a "team" focus.... that means the player on the ball looking to make the pass and the player looking to receive the pass.

Have I in any way said that all our wingers and midfield have been great and its just down to Rom that he has no chances? not at all.... I am responding to the repeated nonsense that he is in some way isolated.... isolation is the symptom of lack of intelligent movement or effort - simple as that.

so... Koeman has said "his movement can be better"..... I'd expand on that.... his movement has to be much better and yes if the players are not making the passes that the runs deserve then I will point the finger at them. Till then I will leave it at this - the lad has been called up on his lack of running with tangible FACTS.... its over to him and the rest of the TEAM to improve on that.

:rolleyes:

:doh:

well tomorrow gives us the opportunity to see how a hard running, footballing centre forward affects the opponents. Hopefully we can contain Troy Deeney - certainly a player with no more physical gifts than Rom but really does take it to the defenders.

But never scores as many as him and Watford don't score more than us so he doesn't create more.

But never scores as many as him and Watford don't score more than us so he doesn't create more.

Watford aren't a patch on us. Compare their team to ours... absolutely no comparison. It's like comparing martinez Wigan to moyes everton.

Deeney however has proven to be a vital player for them. Watch how he impacts their game and allows the midfield to join in - two phases of play defence to attack often goes through him and he looks after the ball allowing their defence and midfield to advance confidently.

Edited by Hafnia

Watford aren't a patch on us. Compare their team to ours... absolutely no comparison. It's like comparing martinez Wigan to moyes everton.

Deeney however has proven to be a vital player for them. Watch how he impacts their game and allows the midfield to join in - two phases of play defence to attack often goes through him and he looks after the ball allowing their defence and midfield to advance confidently.

They finished 2 points behind us last season.

They finished 2 points behind us last season.

Yep... we should have finished about 16 points ahead of them given the quality of our team vs theirs - which is why martinez got the boot.

Their squad cost £53m...ours in excess of £150m.

I would say this now - put deeney in our side instead of lukaku and we would score more goals as a team and win more games. Will he score more than Rom? Possibly not - he would get a similar amount and a lot more assists.

This is where I am at with this whole situation - the team needs to play for Lukaku. Deeney plays for the team. Similar to what happened in 86 with Lineker- we had goals from all over with gray and Sharp doing a dirty job for the team - sheedy and Steven scored a good few. With Lineker we played for him and he got goals - loads of them and we lost the double.

Southall getting injured impacted us no doubt but the change in play meant if Lineker didn't score then neither did the team.

I'm all for a team based striker and it's interesting that leicester went big for deeney.... was he a walsh pick?

Edited by Hafnia

Yep... we should have finished about 16 points ahead of them given the quality of our team vs theirs - which is why martinez got the boot.

Their squad cost £53m...ours in excess of £150m.

I would say this now - put deeney in our side instead of lukaku and we would score more goals as a team and win more games. Will he score more than Rom? Possibly not - he would get a similar amount and a lot more assists.

This is where I am at with this whole situation - the team needs to play for Lukaku. Deeney plays for the team. Similar to what happened in 86 with Lineker- we had goals from all over with gray and Sharp doing a dirty job for the team - sheedy and Steven scored a good few. With Lineker we played for him and he got goals - loads of them and we lost the double.

Southall getting injured impacted us no doubt but the change in play meant if Lineker didn't score then neither did the team.

I'm all for a team based striker and it's interesting that leicester went big for deeney.... was he a walsh pick?

And that's all obviously soley Lukakus fault. ?

Put Deeney up front and Lukaku out on the left of a 4-3-3. Let Lukaku run at an isolated fullback whilst Deeney occupies the defenders.

It doesn't have to be Deeney, if we were to get him he would be well into his 30s at the end of his contract. But that's thr kind of player we absolutely need.

Wouldn't it make more sense to play him on the right so he can cut in on his left foot? Not that I want him on either side tbh.

He hasn't done badly for a guy that can't play as a sole striker!

In what way? For himself? Yeah probably not. It means that he is the sole recipient of any chances we create.

Has he done well as a player leading the line in a 4-5-1? No. Not at all for me. Concedes possession at a shocking rate through miscontrolling it or lack of passing accuracy. He allows the defence far too much time on the ball and they build play too easily.

So would we rather have a player that scores two goals and we lose and by the way are officially worse than Martinez last year!

Or Coleman scores and we win one nil?

I don't care about his personal stats....again he was outdone by a 15 minuteValencia....sell him!

Ive said all i need to say about him and his 2 goals today barely compensates for an absolute no show. No fight, no running, conceding possession.... but yeah hes got 8 goals now and he looked pleased with himself going off the pitch...

Valencia yet again giving us more prescence with his 5ft 7 frame.

So would we rather have a player that scores two goals and we lose and by the way are officially worse than Martinez last year!

Or Coleman scores and we win one nil?

I don't care about his personal stats....again he was outdone by a 15 minuteValencia....sell him!

The latter, for sure. Lukaku can't and won't play the way Koeman demands. He's low energy, that's his style, or something...

At the very least, I'd like to see us care, and he doesn't adhere to that ideal when leading the line. I read body language when I watch form home, as it's the only opportunity I have to asses the players. It's been said before but, Lukaku cares about himself and his personal accolades. He sees his development as a superficial extension of his personality; something to make him more appealing. In my opinion he plays because it's fashionable to do so; it's not about pride, winning and the success of the club. It's about his FIFA rating being better than it was last year.

When asked about how he feels about Everton he's never made any illusions about his dedication to the club. In his defense, he's honest about these things. Simply put, he plays like he doesn't care. His ambling about is what abject talent looks like. He is not ALL of the problem, but unless he begins to play as Koeman would like, then we are stuck firmly in the shadow of Lukaku's ego. After assuming this was the case, I'm now convinced.

I eagerly await post-Everton Lukaku, and I feel validated in that opinion because it's my dream to see and feel Goodsion, while he takes it for granted. He's enabled to treat the club and supporters as an afterthought to his stepping-stone agenda. Let's not support mediocrity. However impressive his individual stats are, he needs to be held to a higher standard.

Totally agree. I can't wait to see Everton post Lukaku as I am sure fans will see that personal stats don't make a team.

As Everton fans we have become naive, we see it as this.....

Lukaku scores 17 goals.

Chelsea had costa on 11 and Hazard on 10.....haha what fools they are....none of them scored as much as Rom!

I can't understand how the top managers in the world don't rate Lukaku.....but we still believe that he is too good for us? This shows even our fans believe we are small time and this is our issue.

Managers come and believe that we are lucky to have them.

Players come in and believ we are lucky to have them.

It's sad that as fans we have been dragged down to this level.

Totally agree. I can't wait to see Everton post Lukaku as I am sure fans will see that personal stats don't make a team.

As Everton fans we have become naive, we see it as this.....

Lukaku scores 17 goals.

Chelsea had costa on 11 and Hazard on 10.....haha what fools they are....none of them scored as much as Rom!

I can't understand how the top managers in the world don't rate Lukaku.....but we still believe that he is too good for us? This shows even our fans believe we are small time and this is our issue.

Managers come and believe that we are lucky to have them.

Players come in and believ we are lucky to have them.

It's sad that as fans we have been dragged down to this level.

I mean, yeah. I'm more worried about him influencing the goings-on of the club. Boycott this dude. Let him know his attitude doesn't cut it. I'm trying to implement this idea in more aspects of my life and we as supporters should demand better. There should be a Lukaku in lounge chair banner at the next home match to start things off.

Seriously, Big Rom heading a ball into an empty net while reclining on a Lay-Z-Boy. Feet up, while casually reading a tourist map of Paris.

I'll ask around to my illustrator friends, see if they can come up with something.

The latter, for sure. Lukaku can't and won't play the way Koeman demands. He's low energy, that's his style, or something...

At the very least, I'd like to see us care, and he doesn't adhere to that ideal when leading the line. I read body language when I watch form home, as it's the only opportunity I have to asses the players. It's been said before but, Lukaku cares about himself and his personal accolades. He sees his development as a superficial extension of his personality; something to make him more appealing. In my opinion he plays because it's fashionable to do so; it's not about pride, winning and the success of the club. It's about his FIFA rating being better than it was last year.

When asked about how he feels about Everton he's never made any illusions about his dedication to the club. In his defense, he's honest about these things. Simply put, he plays like he doesn't care. His ambling about is what abject talent looks like. He is not ALL of the problem, but unless he begins to play as Koeman would like, then we are stuck firmly in the shadow of Lukaku's ego. After assuming this was the case, I'm now convinced.

I eagerly await post-Everton Lukaku, and I feel validated in that opinion because it's my dream to see and feel Goodsion, while he takes it for granted. He's enabled to treat the club and supporters as an afterthought to his stepping-stone agenda. Let's not support mediocrity. However impressive his individual stats are, he needs to be held to a higher standard.

Outstanding post

He needs better players around him. He's not going to be here next season so we may as well live with it until then!

Yeah he needs 9 outfield players all so good technically and physically that he can continue to do fuck all else bar stay in the box and try and finish chances put on a plate.... cos let's be honest he can't do anything else.

He's a liability as a footballer - i grant he can finish but that's it.

Is he that good a goalscorer that a team will allow him to be a penalty box operator and nothing Else? No.

Yeah he needs 9 outfield players all so good technically and physically that he can continue to do fuck all else bar stay in the box and try and finish chances put on a plate.... cos let's be honest he can't do anything else.

He's a liability as a footballer - i grant he can finish but that's it.

Is he that good a goalscorer that a team will allow him to be a penalty box operator and nothing Else? No.

Was he a liability when he skinned City and scored this season?

Was he only a good finisher when skinning the Chelsea defenders last season before getting us into the semis?

If he can only finish, how did he manage to create 51 chances for team mates last season and 22 this season?

Simple yes / no will do to the first two.

Edited by Bailey

Was he a liability when he skinned City and scored this season?

Was he only a good finisher when skinning the Chelsea defenders last season before getting us into the semis?

If he can only finish, how did he manage to create 51 chances for team mates last season and 22 this season?

Simple yes / no will do to the first two.

Feel free to expand on these examples... if i hear about the Chelsea goal again I may mistake him for ricky villa and believe that he does this every week....oh you can have the arsenal cut in from the right goal too.

I'm all ears.