IGNORED

Fulham (home)

MikeO

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, not so good...

Arteta battered, Jags has jarred his knee, Yakubu seems to have lost his 1st touch and not to mention his 2nd and 3rd as well.

Im not actually sure if Cahill is playing a position of if he is just tasked to randomly appear on certain parts of the pitch?!

I have no idea whatsoever Baines was thinking and the less said about that the better...

As I said earlier the only plus sides are Hibbo striding up and down the right flank like Cafu and even Neville is doing a decent job in the middle!

I suspect it wont be long til we see either Saha or Vic. Personally Id get Vic on to rough up the CB's, FB's, and anyone else he can get his hands on.

fuckin hell that was nervous moment.

my stream went after 92 minutes!

i had betting market open which suspended betting just after my stream went. sat nervously watching hopping it would open again to show there'd been goal and flicking to BBC.

Finally the good news comes in!

we deserved it for our second half attacking and onslaught but still a dissapointing display and we should have won much more convincingly against a second string Fulham side.

We were the better team! we just made bloody hard work of it.

Some of the Fulham players were obviously looking for a game in the european games coming up, so they didn't exactly roll over, but we still made hard work of what should have been easier.

If Bilys shot had gone in off the post, I would have thought we may have found it easier going.

Get in Mikky!

We could have scored a hatful today even with playing fairly average! Big Vic was awesome when he came on. His directness, strength and drive helped us win the game. If he can just improve his final ball and decision making he could be an brilliant player for us.

I actually thought we lost our way a little when Saha came on and IMO he should have replaced Yakubu (who was disapointingly average) and let Cahill play further up the pitch.

Its a shame that Liverpool and Villa won and it would take a real fuck up from the former to get us into Europe!

Why is Hodgson wittering on about the pen being "five or six minutes" into the three minutes of added time? The offence was after two and a half minutes....it was scored after 93'45". Did he want the ref to blow the whistle before it was taken :mellow: ?

Crap performance, great result.

We started off well and were passing it about really good but their goal was a kick in the bollocks for us and I don't think we ever recovered. From that point on we lacked drive, tempo, and any idea of what to do with the ball. We also ended up giving them a lot of time and space to play infront of us because we weren't closing down the space at all (something we were doing very well before their goal). It was very frustrating to sit through. I'd have been embarrassed if we hadn't taken the 3 points against what was effectively their back-up team so thankfully we got that second goal in the end.

Howard - Didn't have much to do, most of their shots were comfortable for him.

Hibbert - I thought he had a really good game, I was quite impressed with him tbh. His crossing wasn't all that great (a bit too high and floaty) but he was getting forward all the time and at least getting in good positions.

Jagielka - Had a solid game, but please play to fucking feet!

Distin - Same as Jags.

Baines - What a shocking mistake to gift them their goal. It was a big knock to him and showed because I think he went into his shell for the rest of the game.

Pienaar - He disappointed me because he didn't really do anything, especially when he was playing on the right.

Cahill - Why is he playing so deep lately? That being said, he had a good game - he was battling for us all afternoon.

Neville - I thought he was crap and didn't do his job at all. He was supposed to be the one player who had to close down space but he just stood off all the time.

Arteta - I don't think he was at his best for us today and was probably the main reason we lacked tempo - whenever he got the ball he slowed the pace of our play right down.

Bily - Wank.

Yakubu - His touch let him down at times but I'd say he had a pretty good game. He showed strength to hold up the ball as often as possible to bring our midfield into the game.

Anichebe - He was my MOTM. Like I've said, not much actually came from his driving runs but I appreciated his effort greatly because he was pulling us forward and giving us the tempo we lacked. Well played.