IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

West Ham are welcome to their shitty new stadium.

When we move they best not have the stands miles away from the pitch. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

If we're going to host something for the common wealth games in 2026....chances are, the stadium will be a prominent figure.....does that mean a running track? Or would it retractable/removable seating for when a track does go in?

This made me laugh

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/04/west-ham-fans-post-pictures-of-seats-with-shocking-views-at-olympic-stadium-6048740/

seats.jpg

CpCLnq_WcAApQi4.jpg

Edited by Lowensda

Saw that before, that appears to be desperate unlucky but I hear he's alright about it though, he's already played down fears it would affect his life too much.

I do hope his wife can bear the sight of it though and not be too disheartened.

Hear, hear.

According to Telegraph Sport, Pogba's agent earned 27.6m pounds paid by Juventus in addition to a fee (undisclosed) paid by United.

This is money that has gone out of the game. If we had any sort of decent controlling bodies (FIFA/UEFA) they would make it illegal for clubs to make payments to agents. Agents represent players and should be paid by the player.

According to Telegraph Sport, Pogba's agent earned 27.6m pounds paid by Juventus in addition to a fee (undisclosed) paid by United.

This is money that has gone out of the game. If we had any sort of decent controlling bodies (FIFA/UEFA) they would make it illegal for clubs to make payments to agents. Agents represent players and should be paid by the player.

I've never understood why the clubs pay the agents. It makes absolutely no sense.

I've never understood why the clubs pay the agents. It makes absolutely no sense.

one of the main reasons is that FIFPro (the players union) is so weak. in the states the players union is as powerful as the league itself, if they aren't happy with how things are going, they just refuse to play until the league gets their shit together.

"I spotted a fit-again Georgie Twigg ]women's hockey] at the end of that quarter. Not long ago she was taking a ball to the face, now she's ready to go again. I saw Neymar rolling around earlier just because someone trod on his pinkie." :)

At the last Olympics one of them broke her jaw and still played!

Those hockey players are crazy bastards. Never really appreciated it until last night!

I've probably posted this on here before but my form master in my third year at "big" school was an England & GB hockey goalkeeper. He never told us but one Saturday I was watching Grandstand (ask your dad) and the camera closed in on "Dickie" Barker walking onto the pitch; he had a mask on but Mr Barker (or "sir" to us) had a really distinctive bouncy walk and uncontrollable hair so I immediately knew it was him. After he was "outed" on the Monday morning he talked about it a lot and we used to derail his lessons, English teacher also, by asking him about hockey and he'd spend half an hour talking about it, 'specially after he came back from the World Cup in Kuala Lumpur in 1975. Spent one whole "double English" lesson giving us a slideshow of his time there. Happy days.