IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

17 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'm no Djokovic fan but thank fuck for that; ridiculous Kyrgios wasn't punished by the umpire, disgraceful behaviour.

Yeah way too far , I think he has issues. Ultra talented though. Djokovic was bewildered by some of his shots. 

40 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just constant shouting and screaming, mostly directed at his team and family in their box. Complete lack of any sportsmanship, he seemed to think it was their fault every time he missed a shot.

Did something happen with his girlfriend? Throughout the tournament the cameras have been on her a lot but I don’t think I saw her once while I was watching. 

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Did something happen with his girlfriend? Throughout the tournament the cameras have been on her a lot but I don’t think I saw her once while I was watching. 

He's due in court in Oz in August over a domestic violence/common assault charge so may be something to do with that?

Not pre-judging but he doesn't seem the type (on the evidence of his on court demeanour) to be a laid back, tantrum free, kind of man.

He said in his post match interview that he needs a break, might be an enforced one; innocent until proven otherwise though.

47 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Didn't get a chance to watch the first half, but the commentary saying that Spain outperformed England. Watching now though!

Looks like extra time, goal we conceded was Sunday league stuff; women's game has come a long way but still many comedy moments.

I'm going after BBC reporting again, but for a different reason this time: their misogynistic approach to sports reporting. Frankly, they should ask a female journalist to write reports of women's football matches, not male. Would a woman ever write this, for example? "Their players looked close to tears at the end..." Would a female reporter write that men "looked close to tears" when they're not actually crying?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62241465