IGNORED

Baines

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-exclusive-leighton-baines-has-asked-everton-to-agree-deal-with-manchester-united-8788275.html

Actually says he's asked us to agree a fee with United, apparently been asking since start of pre-season which makes it sound bit like bullshit imo. Definitely not what I expected from Baines if true but the way football is these days can't really rule it out without hearing from the man himself

Wouldn't begrudge Baines a move. We have left back cover and we need a CM. Everton need a centre mid, sacrificing Baines for the funds would help the team progress in the long run.

Liverpool have suffered due to playing everything through Gerrard as did Roma with Totti, likewise we have by focusing on our left hand side. When Moyes 1st came here he built the team to play as a team, the likes of Marcus Bent and Kevin Kilbane got us to 4th something Moyes then failed to replicate with a squad of much better players. Not many teams in the last 2 decades have been successful built round the one player, never mind a left back.

I just wish the player would come out himself and say he wants to stay. I expected Fellaini to be on the look-out for a move this summer and I think he's kept a dignified silence in those circumstances, but if Baines really wants to stay I'd like to hear him say so. It would end all this speculation, but because he hasn't it makes me think there's something in it.

In the vid of him giving the pissed fans a lift to the game when asked whether he is going to utd he said "he doesn't know". He's 29 this year and won feck all with us, give us his best every game and not used dirty tricks to push for a move. But the ball is in Utd's court, they only had to make a reasonable offer and show some respect like Baines and the move would've been completed without any qualms.

Wouldn't begrudge Baines a move. We have left back cover and we need a CM. Everton need a centre mid, sacrificing Baines for the funds would help the team progress in the long run.

Liverpool have suffered due to playing everything through Gerrard as did Roma with Totti, likewise we have by focusing on our left hand side. When Moyes 1st came here he built the team to play as a team, the likes of Marcus Bent and Kevin Kilbane got us to 4th something Moyes then failed to replicate with a squad of much better players. Not many teams in the last 2 decades have been successful built round the one player, never mind a left back.

Dont think anyone would blame him if he wanted to go. But since hes made no inclination that he wants to go, think people are more frustrated by the media.

Also, we havent built the team around our LB - hes just a stand out player in a good squad

Phil Mcnulty reckons the lad is a reliable and dependable source, so as far as I'm concerned, Baines is on his way. It's just a question of how much.

This was all agreed long ago guys. You can tell from the presentation of Martinez that we were confident of funds, but I'm annoyed with Moyes, as he has the money now to buy any player, and comes in for players from Everton, a club already on it's arse, and he is now bargaining with us over our best players.

Haf can have him now.

dont think its true myself but you could understand him wanting to win a league or play in the champions league at some point

hope moyes gets abuse when he comes to goodison, its fucking scum some of the things he's done since he's been there. lost all respect for him hope he wins nothing.

ah the blinkered view of the oh so insular Man United fans....

We have a class talent like Ross Barkley......"who? - he's nowhere near the quality of Ravel Morrison"

£20m bid for fellaini...... "overrated, sooner have Cleverely develop" (clearly forgetting first game last season)

Baines.... "don't need him, got evra" (a player they wanted gone last season)

Their arrogance is created over 20 years.... pity the majority never seen the 5-0 we handed to them on the way to winning the league in 1984.

Dont need a replacement, If Oviedo gets a run in the 1st team he will be a good player.

Similar to Fellaini, [someone quoted his price on the form he showed against Man Utd last season] he's never played like that before or again since then. I would accept the £38m thats been talked about. All we need is a bulldog who takes no prisoners in the centre of midfield and we will be OK, i'm sure you could get one for less than that.

Edited by Bill

Dont need a replacement, If Oviedo gets a run in the 1st team he will be a good player.

Similar to Fellaini, [someone quoted his price on the form he showed against Man Utd last season] he's never played like that before or again since then. I would accept the £38m thats been talked about. All we need is a bulldog who takes no prisoners in the centre of midfield and we will be OK, i'm sure you could get one for less than that.

I think he has shown how good he is after the united game...He is a good passer, can hold the ball up. If he went to United I don't know how he would fit into there team.

Based on one game, 12 months ago. :rofl:

It wasn't just the one game Bill, Fellaini has had a good few of those games where we wondered where we would be without him. The problem was getting him to do those games.

I think Oviedo is an unknown quantity at left back, and to replace the best left back in England and one of the best in the world with him is a risk.

I would try him out rather than pay 20m for an unknown fullback, and Fellaini can easily be replaced, theres hundreds of midfielders out there.

Talk of where would we be without him is well over the top, Carsley did a better job as a defensive mid, thats how good Fellaini is.