IGNORED

Baines

According to the mirror he will get 50 mil pounds to spend in january so I wouldnt be surprised if they came for Baines again. Evra looks like he has aged 3-4 years over the summer and Moyes will be desperate to land a few marque names. Baines being one. Desperate and loaded, smells like another 25 mil in the bank.

We were all worried when Felli left but we got McCarthy and Barry, leaving a much more balanced midfield. Perhaps Martinez can do that again? Lukaku and a replacement for Baines? (Love Baines though and hope he will stay, had him listed as my favourit Everton player in my TT profile since joining this forum.)

According to the mirror he will get 50 mil pounds to spend in january so I wouldnt be surprised if they came for Baines again. Evra looks like he has aged 3-4 years over the summer and Moyes will be desperate to land a few marque names. Baines being one. Desperate and loaded, smells like another 25 mil in the bank.

We were all worried when Felli left but we got McCarthy and Barry, leaving a much more balanced midfield. Perhaps Martinez can do that again? Lukaku and a replacement for Baines? (Love Baines though and hope he will stay, had him listed as my favourit Everton player in my TT profile since joining this forum.)

Yeah, but being Moyes, it'll take him 50 years to spend it.

The way things are headed, the only thing Moyes will receive from Manchester United by January will be his P45.

well to me it now sounds as if Baines will be going this January.

The club were talking about offering him a improved contract immediately after the transfer window then within a week saying there is now no hurry - sounds very much like the vibe is he is not looking for a new improved Everton offer, and would be unlikely to sign one of its put in front of him. The club may be backing away from the embarrassment of him not signing a new contract with us.

Stubbsy dropping the ball and saying Baines wanted to go to Old Trafford over the summer. It sounded like Baines all but handed in a transfer request. I think we all know now that he actually wants to leave. So having missed out this summer, he may be really pressing for this move come January. A transfer request just means we get more money in our pockets if he actually goes. I don't view a transfer request as a negative - we know he would like to go anyway, but not enough to relinquish his loyalty bonus yet.

The figure being talked about are Man U have already offered £15M and we want £20M. If United as still lagging behind in the league come the New Year, then it might be a good time to get them to

part with some serious money as they panic buy a little to bolster up the squad.

I would not want to see Baines go - but for £15M to £20M, well that is a lot of money to go towards a younger replacement.

I have seen enough so far from the Martinez revolution to see that we may not need be as reliant as we have been of our attacks coming via the Baines - Pienaar combination on the left. Baines is 29 in December and Pienaar is 32 in March, so this double act is in its twilight (not saying its still not a useful weapon to have), and Baines is not quiet as effective with other partners on the left.

I think the club should (and most likely are) now be scouring the continent for the best replacement left back possible.

Come next July we may just need £15M to £20M in the coffers to get in a replacement for Lukaku. I think he is going to be the player who makes the difference to us this season rather than Baines, and I think he is going to be harder to replace, so we might just be glad of the money and I don't think we are going to get much from anywhere else.

It's all well and good Baines knocking in 2 freekicks, but in the other matches this season he's been quiet. His head seems to be elsewhere.

yeah i was thinking the same thing. i think he'll be off in january, RM probably didn't want to lose 2 big players at once, which is a smart move. i think we need a better replacement than oviedo and should use the proceeds for that and some more depth in the midfield. we can use the fellaini money for a striker.

• 2 weeks later...

15 mil, soon 30, just over a year left on his contract. I dont know, is it a good offer? Half of me thinking no, fuck off Moyes and half of me thinking that it is a realistic offer.

Problem is that so many of our attacks are created by Baines. Will the rest get the chances they need to score if Baines is gone? Will Baines sign a new contract if we dont let him go now?

So many parameters.

Is Oviedo good enough to replace him? Dont rate the guys mentioned in the article. (Who are the unnamed continental options?)

15 mil, soon 30, just over a year left on his contract. I dont know, is it a good offer? Half of me thinking no, fuck off Moyes and half of me thinking that it is a realistic offer.

Problem is that so many of our attacks are created by Baines. Will the rest get the chances they need to score if Baines is gone? Will Baines sign a new contract if we dont let him go now?

So many parameters.

Is Oviedo good enough to replace him? Dont rate the guys mentioned in the article. (Who are the unnamed continental options?)

£15m for him would be good business based on his age and contract situation.

In terms of our chances being created by Baines; I'm not sure that will be such a big problem. I think it's clear Martinez knows he's off and has made a conscious effort to get us playing through other players so that when Baines does go we don't feel the loss so heavily. And I don't think he will sign a new contract if we don't let him go.

I'm not sure Martinez rates Oviedo tbh; he has barely even made the bench under him. I agree on Bertrand; I think he's very average. But Ben Davies at Swansea is a great LB. However, I don't think he'll be a realistic option because he's pushed himself ahead of Taylor there and is only out of the side because he's injured.

I really want Baines to end his career here. The only left back I would want is Shaw, but that won't happen.

I think the 2 teams positions come January might have a big influence too - if we are top 4 and UTD are 7-8th, why would he want to leave?

I think Bertrand is a tidy enough player tbh. He wont have the impact Baines can have but he certainly isn't a bad option. I think he is better than Gibbs for example (not that we could get Gibbs). Other than that Taylor or Davies from Swansea would be good options, albeit I'm not sure how realistic they are.

That's really not difficult though. All his injuries have wrecked his progression.

Yeh they have, I really thought he was going to be as good as Ashely Cole when he first came on the seen but he isnt anywhere near the player he was. He is still young I suppose and may get there again.

I think Bertrand is a tidy enough player tbh. He wont have the impact Baines can have but he certainly isn't a bad option. I think he is better than Gibbs for example (not that we could get Gibbs). Other than that Taylor or Davies from Swansea would be good options, albeit I'm not sure how realistic they are.

Neil Taylor would be a good choice, seen him play last sat, very tidy player looks taller on tv though! Martinez knows him well enough no?

£15m for him would be good business based on his age and contract situation.

In terms of our chances being created by Baines; I'm not sure that will be such a big problem. I think it's clear Martinez knows he's off and has made a conscious effort to get us playing through other players so that when Baines does go we don't feel the loss so heavily. And I don't think he will sign a new contract if we don't let him go.

I'm not sure Martinez rates Oviedo tbh; he has barely even made the bench under him. I agree on Bertrand; I think he's very average. But Ben Davies at Swansea is a great LB. However, I don't think he'll be a realistic option because he's pushed himself ahead of Taylor there and is only out of the side because he's injured.

agree about davies being a good player but why don't you think he's be a realistic option? you don't think he'd choose to play here over swansea? whoever we sign if baines goes is gonna be guaranteed 1st team football..are not a better option than swansea?