IGNORED

Baines

I've heard that Evra could sign with Monaco. He played there prior to playing at Man U, and now they're big time because they're being bank-rolled by some Russian billionaire.

Yeah, I heard that rumour true. Probably will happen as at his age he will be looking for a final payday. Monaco are playing fantasy football really.

If Baines stays, id love to see how him and oveido link up if Oveido played LW

At whos expense? Options are great but Pienaar is starting to show some real form. We have Deulofeu and Mirallas.

I think Oviedo will slot in nicely if Baines leaves and we do have cover in Barry, Garbutt and Distin. I dont think we need to replace Baines if he goes, better to put the money towards a striker.

At whos expense? Options are great but Pienaar is starting to show some real form. We have Deulofeu and Mirallas.

I think Oviedo will slot in nicely if Baines leaves and we do have cover in Barry, Garbutt and Distin. I dont think we need to replace Baines if he goes, better to put the money towards a striker.

As I said in my next comment...not at anyone's expense!

We don't "have" Deulofeu, and pienaar is 31 so why rule out the possiblity of him playing there one day? He's played there before and did well against Norwich getting an assist last season. But as I said I think our midfield is in great form at the moment but if we get a few injuries and people aren't playing well, Oveido at LW could be an option, don't see why everyone is so quick to rule that out and would prefer us to get rid of arguably the best player we've had for the last 5 years because Oveido has had 2 great games :huh:

Why would he want to leave this squad? It's like leaving the up and coming team in favor of the defending champs that are too old, have a lot of ratchety parts, and are falling apart.

They were the league champions last year, they are one of the biggest clubs in the world. They will get their shit sorted eventually.

And they'll pay him more than us, which could be a key factor in the mind of 29/30 year old.

For that reason I would not stand in Baines way, yes we know he is rich etc etc but comparitive to his talent he has been earning far less for too long. He doesn't strike me a s the type of lad who will be in the media or management when he is finished - a coach maybe... so in effect this is his last big contract and if he can get £20m for it instead of £12m then fair enough.

One thing is for sure, he will not disrespect us the way that our ex manager did and for his true service he will get the right treatment.

One thing is for sure, he will not disrespect us the way that our ex manager did and for his true service he will get the right treatment.

You know, I was reading the first part of your post and was worried you'd forget to slam Moyes at some point during the post.

Baines wouldn't leave for money, he'd not be here if that was his objective. Loves the club, but his career is lacking honours and I wouldn't begrudge him a move to win them, similar to Arteta although we'd get an English premium to help improve the squad further. Baines or £12+ mil, what's worth more to Everton?

Baines wouldn't leave for money, he'd not be here if that was his objective. Loves the club, but his career is lacking honours and I wouldn't begrudge him a move to win them, similar to Arteta although we'd get an English premium to help improve the squad further. Baines or £12+ mil, what's worth more to Everton?

It's up to Baines to be honest. He's only got 18 months left on his contract, so we'd have to let him go if he wants a move and the price is right.

I'd just love to believe that he'd want to be a big integral part of something special going on here. Of course money really is important but maybe the appeal of being a blue for most of his career and retiring here as one of the best would draw him more. Wouldn't fault him for leaving (hard to turn down so many more millions of dollars) but I guess we'll just wait and see.

Quick question for all the "old timers" (love that phrase) and everyone with more knowledge of Everton's history. If he were to stay for the rest of his career, would he be the best LB we've ever had?

Id say he already is the best LB ever at Everton.

Ray Wilson. World Cup winner's medal.....tough to beat that.

And Pat Van Den Hauwe...not the same quality as Baines going forward but the left back in the most successful team we ever had.

Not much in it though.

I'd just love to believe that he'd want to be a big integral part of something special going on here. Of course money really is important but maybe the appeal of being a blue for most of his career and retiring here as one of the best would draw him more. Wouldn't fault him for leaving (hard to turn down so many more millions of dollars) but I guess we'll just wait and see.

Quick question for all the "old timers" (love that phrase) and everyone with more knowledge of Everton's history. If he were to stay for the rest of his career, would he be the best LB we've ever had?

Probably the best attacking LB Everton have had (including free kicks), but there have been others more solid whilst defending.

I'd like him to be part of this 'Everton under Martinez' era, pretty sure he and Pienaar can cause problems for a couple of seasons yet.If he WANTS to leave, then I'd say grab the max for him and see what we can do with the money.We've survived the last fw games without him.

Edited by Blue 250

Oviedo has looked impressive, but still not a patch on Baines' impact on the game. I really hope he stays and playing like this, why wouldn't he? He seems to be a good egg and know what side his bread is buttered. However, if a club like Man Utd (or Dortmund, or Barca or whoever), come in for him he'd have to be mad not to entertain the idea.

Oviedo has looked impressive, but still not a patch on Baines' impact on the game. I really hope he stays and playing like this, why wouldn't he? He seems to be a good egg and know what side his bread is buttered. However, if a club like Man Utd (or Dortmund, or Barca or whoever), come in for him he'd have to be mad not to entertain the idea.

Dortmund probably need him even more than Man United as Schmelzer is a weak point at LB.

This one had died down as of late. I wonder if Man U is trying to get us to lower our asking price by the shaw interest and saying they probably won't be able to get baines.

We hold the power either way, which is great. I don't think it's a Fellaini situation where He doesn't really for the style of play, I think it's more like well let him go for the right price and if not well keep a fantastic player and club legend.