IGNORED

Baines

Wouldn't want a player in part exchange, and I wonder, just wonder if Baines is playing a blinder here, all this transfer talk is going to make Evertons new contract offer a pretty big one.If he said he had no intentions of leaving it certainly wouldn't be as big.

Baines has never struck me as a big time Charlie or wana-be superstar.Sure he asked for transfer, so might I if I was after a better contract!

I don't get how he's overrated - he was brilliant for Palace which obviously got him his move to Man U. He's young and has made a big move - it'll take time. They won't offer him plus £7m regardless.

I don't think he was brilliant for Palace though, hence why I think he's over rated. United paid way over the odds for him.

Plenty of pace but doesn't have the brain to go with it so loses the ball 90% of the time.

He might turn out to be brilliant, but at this time, in my opinion, he's over rated.

Edited by Romey 1878

I don't think he was brilliant for Palace though, hence why I think he's over rated. United paid way over the odds for him.

Plenty of pace but doesn't have the brain to go with it so loses the ball 90% of the time.

He might turn out to be brilliant, but at this time, in my opinion, he's over rated.

Fair dos... I just think the term gets banded around a little too hastily - but you've justified your thoughts. The way I see it is that you pay more for potential especially English potential. He stood out in the Championship to me - he's certainly 'better' than that level, now he just needs to be given a go in the Prem - Moyes may not give him that chance with the emergence of Janzui plus many others already more established there already.

I'd rather have the full wedge £18 mill is my value. Ince £4 mill, Bruno indi £6 mill and either of the Swansea left backs. Come the summer we sell jelly and spend on our strikeforce

Guest blueboy122

I'd rather have the full wedge £18 mill is my value. Ince £4 mill, Bruno indi £6 mill and either of the Swansea left backs. Come the summer we sell jelly and spend on our strikeforce

Ince just no

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps the below par performances this season can be put down to a distraction created by United's interest in him but have said before he can't possibly play any better, for anybody, than he played last season. He can only maintain the same standard or fall back.

He's done alright for us and been paid well for it so, distracted or not, pack his bags for that money and I'll warm the car up!

I think it's a bit sad that we've suddenly turned on Bainsey. Six months ago people we saying stupid money and how we shouldn't sell him. All of a sudden we are biting the hand off for £15 million. Granted he hasn't been on form this season and yeah probably because he wants to go but a great deal of it Is the style of football and formation we are playing. For me Martinez is the key. I am made up he is our manager. Fellaini going was a decision bobby made early and got top dollar, baines is 29 nearly and we need to sell. For me the whole idea toMartinez philosophy is centre halves who can bring the ball out and dictate the play. I can see us in the next two years play three at the back with players that can adapt . Stones being integral to that. Baines is world class but we need to progress and as much as I love him maybe the time is right ?

Yeah maybe I used the wrong terminology, I work In Manchester and been sick of united fans after today telling me how shite he was last night and how they dont want him. For me I want us to progress. £16 mill on top of vics money (regardless of felli profit) would give us a platform to buy the young players we want

To members of the forum: I agree. 16m for Baines would be a fair deal. To Red's negotiators who may be reading, though....

Baines? You want Leighton Baines for 16m? No way!! He's worth at least twice that. He's the England #1 LB, fits perfectly with Moyes' Martinez' style of play, and his blood will always run blue. If you want him, you'll have to pay twice what he's worth - and that's 32m.

I can't see moyes letting Powell go, bu you never know the man was inept a buying young players that could have been stars for us, so he might let him go. United fans are craving huge superstar signings so bobby migh play hardball if moyes is desperate for Bainsey. I rate Powell, go and look at his goals for crewe when he was seventeen, the lad has got it in abundance. £12 mill plus Powell? I'd say yes to that go and get hughes from derby and Davies at Swansea and we would have the best crop of youngsters it the prem

Davies would cost a fair bit especially if we sell baines and then ask for him. Under Roberto the fullbacks are not as attacking due to the style of passing play so maybe we play Oviedo until garbutt is ready?

Oviedo isn't even getting on the bench for us so it doesn't look as though Martinez fancies him.

Could be a personality thing. Oviedo started for Costa Rica against Oz in Sydney this week and looked OK. Couldn't influence the game any as CR were mostly outclassed for much of the game. he didn't make any major cock-ups though and looked quite sound.