IGNORED

Baines

agree about davies being a good player but why don't you think he's be a realistic option? you don't think he'd choose to play here over swansea? whoever we sign if baines goes is gonna be guaranteed 1st team football..are not a better option than swansea?

Swansea will be reluctant to sell and so would probably ask for more than we'd be willing to pay, are in a better financial position than us, again meaning they'd ask for a high fee, and will be in and around us in the league (IMO) so it would just a sideways step.

I think anything between £15 - £20 mill is a fair price. I think Davies is a very good player but would cost a lot of dough. Bertrand I like, something to prove and would cost probably about £6 mill. Weren't we linked with a left back from the Spanish league? Say we got £18 for Bainsey £6 mill on indi as long term replacement for dystin, Bertrand or another £6 mill and the rest for ince or Hughes at derby. Happy days

I think anything between £15 - £20 mill is a fair price. I think Davies is a very good player but would cost a lot of dough. Bertrand I like, something to prove and would cost probably about £6 mill. Weren't we linked with a left back from the Spanish league? Say we got £18 for Bainsey £6 mill on indi as long term replacement for dystin, Bertrand or another £6 mill and the rest for ince or Hughes at derby. Happy days

If you're talking about Siqueira, he's joined Benfica on deadline day.

If the papers are to be believed Hughes is going to the shite for £10m.

Ill just throw out a few continental players that I think would be able to replace Baines.

Christian Fuchs

Marcell Jansen

Alex Sandro

Marcel Schmelzer

Stefan Radu

Lucas Digne (looks exciting but might not be able to replace Baines right now)

Luca Antonelli (would be my no 1 choice)

Edited by Peter H

Don't want him to go to Man United, as he's better than Evra both defensively and offensively these days, and their plays revolves around crossing into the box - their style is to use overlapping full-backs who are in fact quite often more of a threat than their wingers (mainly due to how shite Valencia, Young and Nani have been for ages). Baines is a fantastic crosser of the ball and in theory it would make their game plan more effective. Then there's the fact that I'm not sure who Martinez plans to replace him with for youse.

I think some things point to this transfer happening - his contract situation, the aforementioned style of play at Man U, Moyes being a big fan of his former player, and Evra leaving at the end of the season while Moyes doesn't seem to rate Fabio (and obviously Buttner is shite). They came very close to pulling off Coentrao on loan in September so Moyes is obviously looking for a very attacking and incisive full-back for some of the above reasons.

If you were to receive a good offer, perhaps you should take it. You could strengthen with that cash, and given Baines's age and contract situation £15m-£20m would be a nice offer. On the other hand, Baines is so integral to your play that it may damage your fluency and style, and as said you'd need a replacement (apologies if you have a promising LB in the youth system, obviously you guys are more informed in that respect than I am).

You've already robbed them for Fellaini (who I do quite like as a player, but Man U vastly overpaid) but for me Baines would become integral to their style and possibly be tricky to replace for you, so it's a tough decision. I guess that's why Martinez and the staff at Everton are paid to make it and we aren't :)

Luke Shaw would be a great replacement but I doubt Soton would sell as they seem financially solvent and are a very good PL team themselves. He'd also probably cost more than you'd sell Baines for due to age, potential, and the fact that lots of top clubs seem to be sniffing around him so there's more chance of a bidding war than with Baines, who seems mostly linked with the Mancs.

Some good shouts from the continent by Peter H above, and I agree with most that Davies looks class and Bertrand isn't that special.

Edited by Nikica

Same type of stort on skysports http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9003728/everton-boss-roberto-martinez-wont-sell-leighton-baines-in-january-transfer-window

I think they are using media to get Man Utd to raise the offer. "We dont have to sell" is often followed by "ok, we sold. The offer was too good to pass on"

Same type of stort on skysports http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9003728/everton-boss-roberto-martinez-wont-sell-leighton-baines-in-january-transfer-window

I think they are using media to get Man Utd to raise the offer. "We dont have to sell" is often followed by "ok, we sold. The offer was too good to pass on"

Got to disagree, I honestly believe the club will try and do everything in its powers to keep him, this will all boil down to what the player wants

Got to disagree, I honestly believe the club will try and do everything in its powers to keep him, this will all boil down to what the player wants

Maybe it's both. We know what the player wants (to go?) and because of that we're using the media to get United to raise their offer.