IGNORED

Chelsea (Away)

Romey 1878

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but that's an absolute disgrace.

There were two options for the referee there:

1) Anelka knocked ball too far away from himself, Howard obstructed. Therefore yellow card and indirect free kick

2) Anelka deliberately did not play the ball and ran into Howard to attempt to con the ref for a penalty. Free kick out and yellow card to Anelka.

Neither should result in a penalty.

Chelsea goal: Everton a goal down - but fortunate not to be a man down too, for me. Nicolas Anelka strolls on to Phil Neville's woeful backpass before being carpeted by the onrushing Tim Howard. For some reason, ref Lee Probert offers just a yellow. Either way, Didier Drogba smashes home the spot-kick.

just to show how biased the BBC is

agreed howard wasn't aggressive enough, was a half-hearted charge out in the end

sorry, but blaming Howard for that is stupid. he had no chance. Seen the replay a few times, Anelka made no attempt to play the ball and just jumps into Howard. It was more ariel assault than obstruction

Well yet again another shite 1st half...

As Nogs says he speaks earlier in the week and talks about changes, yet I cant see them. If anything we look more negative than normal. Cahill is constantly dropping deep because we cant get hold of the ball and bar the first 18secs (thanks Mike :P ) Im not sure he has even got close to the ball (not all his fault might I add).

Felli has looked the best player on the park for us but even he isnt really doing too much.

Neville has been piss poor so far in this game. Could have been sent off for one poor challenege or a run of at least a couple of bookable offenses and then he gives that pathetic back pass. No way you can blame Howard for that, he tries to stand up, makes the attacker knock it wide and then gets ran into.

Dont see much happening unless we come out guns blazing. I expect Becks and Yak to come on shortly probably for Saha and Rodwell and If Neville is still playing shite we might see him dropped for Vic (Coleman to RB).

My prediction for now is Vic & Yak in the last 10 to make it 2-1... Im a dreamer :dont know:

1648: We'll have seven minutes of stoppage time at Stamford Bridge, because of that earlier injury to Petr Cech. Can Everton hold on?

BBC again, did they watch the last 20 mins of that game?! we were all over them, probably shouldve won it in the end. Im hoping this is the boost we needed to get the season going. 1st half wasnt great but hell of a finish