IGNORED

Chelsea (Away)

Romey 1878

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, it looks like Pienaar is injured quite badly :unsure:.

But like you said, he works hard but without much end result. I was talking to my dad the other day, i was saying that we can live without him. Peanuts is best at feeding Baines, but honestly, thats about it. He works hard and never stops running but how many goals come from him? Bily scored as many as he did last year in half the games. I really like Pienaar, i hope he stays but im starting to realise we can live without him. We will see soon enough though...

But like you said, he works hard but without much end result. I was talking to my dad the other day, i was saying that we can live without him. Peanuts is best at feeding Baines, but honestly, thats about it. He works hard and never stops running but how many goals come from him? Bily scored as many as he did last year in half the games. I really like Pienaar, i hope he stays but im starting to realise we can live without him. We will see soon enough though...

It's a confusing one for me tbh. Like I said, he's so frustrating when it comes to the final ball but we do look a lot poorer when he's not playing :blink:. Like you, I do think we could cope without him, and if his replacement could work as hard and have a better final ball then we'd be ok. It's just finding that player with pennies...

It's a confusing one for me tbh. Like I said, he's so frustrating when it comes to the final ball but we do look a lot poorer when he's not playing :blink:. Like you, I do think we could cope without him, and if his replacement could work as hard and have a better final ball then we'd be ok. It's just finding that player with pennies...

we look poorer because he works so hard and we have few players on the field who will run themselves silly. But, I bet Maggie will put in a shift to prove a point and put in a shift, by all accounts hes doing very well. Maybe Bily will finally step up? Ossie looked better on the left. It all depends on what DM is going to do!

we look poorer because he works so hard and we have few players on the field who will run themselves silly. But, I bet Maggie will put in a shift to prove a point and put in a shift, by all accounts hes doing very well. Maybe Bily will finally step up? Ossie looked better on the left. It all depends on what DM is going to do!

The thing is with Gueye is if Moyes really sees him as a possible replacement for Pienaar then he should be giving him a go at the end of games at least. You can't just throw him into that role without him getting to know our style of play. And even if he doesn't see him as Pienaar's replacement he still should be giving him game time when we need to get something out of a game. His pace would cause havoc.

The thing is with Gueye is if Moyes really sees him as a possible replacement for Pienaar then he should be giving him a go at the end of games at least. You can't just throw him into that role without him getting to know our style of play. And even if he doesn't see him as Pienaar's replacement he still should be giving him game time when we need to get something out of a game. His pace would cause havoc.

ive not seen him play, ive only read reviews. I think after January he (Maggie) will start seeing some more gametime, when the realization hits in that Pienaar wants to move. That being said, if we are still struggling next year or competing for Europe, we wont see Maggie in the 1st team until preseason.

Just saw a very brief set of highlights and showed that PK clip to an unbiased 3rd party. Both agree ridiculous decision. Howard doesn't even move, how can that be a penalty? He's entitled to stand his ground. I'll have to wait until I can get a better recap though to comment on anyone other than Baines who looked great.

Just saw a very brief set of highlights and showed that PK clip to an unbiased 3rd party. Both agree ridiculous decision. Howard doesn't even move, how can that be a penalty? He's entitled to stand his ground. I'll have to wait until I can get a better recap though to comment on anyone other than Baines who looked great.

I can't believe they didn't even mention that it wasn't a penalty on Match of the Day.

Anelka lost possession and then ran into Howard at full speed, nearly injuring him. Cech would have stayed down for 7 minutes..

I can't believe they didn't even mention that it wasn't a penalty on Match of the Day.

Anelka lost possession and then ran into Howard at full speed, nearly injuring him. Cech would have stayed down for 7 minutes..

the refs were honestly so biased today though. first not booking malouda for stamping on neville. then booking neville for drogba stopping to shove into him. terrible calls against coleman by the linesman throughout the second half. don't even get me started on the "penalty" incident. how can they say howard fouled anelka when anelka threw his arms out and mowed howard down?

That will be because it was a stone wall penalty.

The ref got that decision spot on, definate penalty and correct decision to only give him a yellow because the defender was covering. If it had been the other way around and we never got a pen for that I would have been thoroughly discusted

However his decision not to even caution Maluada was much more baffling IMO. That looked a clear red to me

Average result ( getting a point at Chelsea seems the normal result these days), and an average performace, against a Chelsea team struggling for form.That said, we have to remember Chelsea did have two of their better players back, whilst we had the slightly rusty Rodwell and Fellaini in midfield with Coleman, who whilst has promise still might not be ready for 90 mins every week.My point being perhaps our midfield did well considering.

We need to keep a big eye on what's happening below us, I'd only start thinking about Europe when we've got a decent amount of points between us and the bottom three.To be honest were not too good to go down, not whilst we have the potential to lose next week at home to wigan!

Get scrapping and fighting for points NOW!......We might get a pleasant surprise come the spring.If we don't start winning games, then we might just get a nasty shock.

Never a penalty yesterday, Anelka just ran straight towards Howard and dived into him.Obstruction at worst, indirect free kick I would have thought.What was Howard supposed to do, dive out of the way of Anelka, I would have thought goalkeepers would be at least able to stand their ground, it's up to the attacker to go around.

Mention for Baines, his delivery and runs are brillant.

That will be because it was a stone wall penalty.

Telegraph...

"A pumped-up Phil Neville misjudged a back-pass and Nicolas Anelka was on to it. He pushed the ball past Tim Howard and then ran straight into the goalkeeper. It was hard to see where Howard could have gone but Lee Probert, the referee, gave the penalty."

Mail...

"Chelsea's goal smacked a little of good fortune. When Nicolas Anelka took possession from a careless back pass by Phil Neville, he flicked the ball one side of goalkeeper Tim Howard, then opted for a route through the American. The two men collided hard and referee Lee Probert awarded Chelsea a penalty."

DM (being totally honest)...

"...the goalie can't get out of the way so you could say 'is it or is it not' but if it was me I'd want a penalty kick for it,"

Course we'd want one if it was the other way round :) .

Telegraph...

"A pumped-up Phil Neville misjudged a back-pass and Nicolas Anelka was on to it. He pushed the ball past Tim Howard and then ran straight into the goalkeeper. It was hard to see where Howard could have gone but Lee Probert, the referee, gave the penalty."

Mail...

"Chelsea's goal smacked a little of good fortune. When Nicolas Anelka took possession from a careless back pass by Phil Neville, he flicked the ball one side of goalkeeper Tim Howard, then opted for a route through the American. The two men collided hard and referee Lee Probert awarded Chelsea a penalty."

DM (being totally honest)...

"...the goalie can't get out of the way so you could say 'is it or is it not' but if it was me I'd want a penalty kick for it,"

Course we'd want one if it was the other way round :) .

Ive had a chance to see it on the telly now and I have to admit it wasnt as clear cut as I thought. Even though i still think the Ref got it right I can see were people are coming from now when they disagree with the decision

Not really sure what to make of yesterdays game. First half we were really poor at getting the ball forward and making it stick. We looked comfortable enough defending (bar set plays) and they didnt really create too much but if we started playing the ball towards the strikers it more often than not came straight back. After Saha left the field, Beckford gave us more of an outlet and his movement and willingness to chase things gave the other players, especially Rodwell, to get forward and get more of a foothold on the game. 1-1 was probably a fair result. We didnt realy create much, bar the goal and Rodwells header but neither did they. After watching it again, I wouldnt get too carried away. First half was exactly the same as it has been, but second half we showed a lot more heart and desire but again we didnt do much with the possession.

With regards to the penalty, in my eyes it clearly wasnt. I agree that I would probably be claiming for it had it been the other way round, but Anelka just runs straight into howard and thats all there is too it. Looking more closely at the Neville/Malouda challenge, Neville came in recklessly (probably should be a booking) and Malouda kinda lent into him and put his hand on his chin. There was no stamp and tbh there wasnt very much in it and probably deserved a booking at most for the intent. All in all I think the ref made a good decision in hindsight.

Howard is looking a bit dodgy now to me. There were 2 really simple catches he had to make and he dropped them. Maybe it might be worth getting Mucha in between the sticks for the Wigan match just to give Howard a wake up call. I still rate Howard though.

Neville wasnt great, could have been sent off early and I have no idea wtf he was thinking for the backpass. Second half he was much more solid.

Jags & Distin were very solid, especially the latter. He has really stepped up his game and has become very reliable.

Baines was brilliant as always. He is also one of the guys that always fights and shows his heart and bottle. He could have had a couple more assists and deserved to.

Felli was class today as well. He was a bit rusty but he looks forward. He isnt content poking it sideways like Arteta, instead he wants to get the ball into feet of Cahill and the other striker. He also always wants the ball. We played the ball out a lot more from the back today because he was working his arse off gettign into space to receive a pass. Its these little things (along with breaking up the play countless times) that make him such an important player for us. My Motm.

Rodwell was a bit anonymous first half, he couldnt really get a hold of the ball but as the game got on he was able to start pulling strings and more he actually broke into the box! I dont think either Arteta or Heitinga have been inside the opposition 18yard box this season (bar set pieces) and that header would have capped a wonderful move. That performance shows promise.

Pienaar and Coleman never really got in the game. They worked really hard, they certainly tried to make things happen but just didnt. Im not sure how much we will miss Pienaar as there were several times where he was in a good position but failed to deliver anything and how many times each game do we see that. I dont want him to go, but it could be an opportunity for us to get someone else with that end product into the team.

Cahill was fairly anonymous in first half. You could see him chasing and harrassing but he never really got control of the ball. Second half he was able to do more and set up the goal but it was an quieter game from him yesterday.

Saha was appauling again. Dont remember him touching the ball too often and most of them he lost it. I can understand a player being out of form, but if it isnt quite happening for you then you have to work harder for the team and chase, harrass and hassle. Too often yesterday he sulked and moped around. Not good enough and well and truly deserves to be dropped.

Not sure what to say about Beckford. I'll start by saying he did a good job and was in the right place at the right time for the goal. His movement is good, he linked up better than he has been but I dont know how much of a problem he caused Chelsea. He gave the team a lift, which is a good thing but in the grand scheme of things I dont think Terry & Co were particularly worried by him. Personally I wouldnt start him against Wigan (not in a 451 anyway). I would still play Yakubu and give him a run of games, but I wouldnt hesitate in getting Beckford alongside him if we looked a little flat.

Another thing I would add about Moyes and his selections/tactics is that bar Saha, I think he picked a good staring line-up. However, yet again I worry as to how long the Beckford substition would have waited had Saha not got injured. It was clear to pretty much everyone on here that Saha was shite yet it still took 55(ish) minutes and an injury for him to recognise it.

the refs were honestly so biased today though. first not booking malouda for stamping on neville. then booking neville for drogba stopping to shove into him. terrible calls against coleman by the linesman throughout the second half. don't even get me started on the "penalty" incident. how can they say howard fouled anelka when anelka threw his arms out and mowed howard down?

Chelsea fan here - on the penalty decision given you are half right. Of course under the laws that wasn't a foul, and strictly it wasn't even obstruction (which is only an indirect free kick anyway). But under the interpretations week in week out, refs will always give that as a direct free kick foul / penalty. I think it is wrong - but they are consistent on that, and all strikers take advantage of it. (Then there was also the Coleman foul on Ashley Cole that was a clear penalty and Red card - but we don't get them given to us much - one in two is at least better than 0 out of 3 a week ago).

On Cahill/Cech - likely was an accident.

On the Neville incident - this is what he had to say:

Four minutes after being slapped, the Evertoncaptain was booked for aclumsy challenge onDidier Drogba. Neville said: 'It was myfirst tackle of the gameand after it I get struck in the face and I'm the one who ends up gettingbooked later on. I thinkit's the wrong decision. '

But hang on a bit - how does that fit with the video evidence? First, Neville clatters Malouda just a minute earlier, so his evidence doesn't sound very reliable. Then lets look. Can anyone see the stamp? Can anyone see the slap? And where was the slap - on Nevilles eyes/forehead which he clutches at first? or on his chin which he is rubbing after? And does anyone really think Neville comes out of it like a hero?

Watch the video before you comment please.

Video by MDMD99, that wouldnt be you would it MD. :) Have you put it on your own forum.

Who cares? It is on a Chelsea forum too. So what do you think of Neville's then and his after match comments?

On the match - we are getting swamped in midfield by a lot of mid table sides. We play 3 up front, and Malouda when in midfield often players like a winger. Both FBs push up, and so 4 or 5 players have to do all the work. When the 3 strikers are on form the oppo backs off and we can win 6-0. If they aren't - and they haven't been since mid September - we have been pretty easy to turn over.

19 senior pros (including 3 keepers) and some kids the manager is reluctant to play, it is going to be a long cold winter for us if we get more injuries or don't bring in 3 or 4 at January.

The recent managerial changes probably mean the board has finally realised what went wrong and hopefully is now more supportive of Ancelotti. That isn't what the papers write, but they get everything wrong.

Plainly a Chelsea fan.

As he doesn't give his opinion on whether Howard couldn't move/committed a foul you could just as logically come to the conclusion that we were robbed by Probert giving the pen.

TC went for the ball, no question at all, red card?

Coleman's tackle he may have a point.

i'm not sure what to make of your comments..i mean if that was drogba he would still be lied there now...the stamp from malouda is clear(okay he missed but that's only cos he's a donkey)..the intent to hit his face is clear..he could have caught neville in the eye with a finger which is why he went to his eye first i dunno i can't answer that...why you tryin to get us to criticise neville though when he got your player out of a red card cos he isn't a cunt?

how about john terry who nudged cahill when he slid in for the ball with cech then gave it the big one afterwards actin all 'ard like he does! the guy is a tool and had no right to kick off at cahill like that! you can clearly see cahill pulls his foot back but no terry has to steam in like the big overrated prick that he is..why not criticise your own captain for bein such a tosser before you want us to criticise ours for doin nothin wrong other than a mistimed tackle! yeah he said the one after was his first tackle but that was just a slip of the tongue maybe? hardly a stoning offence is it to say it was his first when it wasn't! are you tryin to say neville should have been sent off? not seen the drogba tackle myself so if you could pop a clip of that up i'd enjoy to see diddums reaction to the big scary neville tackle which is from what i have heard ott as per

as for the coleman tackle..how many times do we see players tryin to block shots and then take out the player after the shot has been made? that's not a penalty momentum carries you into the player when trying to block a shot..similar to that in my eyes but i'll admit i would be screamin for it at the other end

Edited by marcopaulo

never interested in anything that man has to say..he hates everton and admitted it just like elleray did

tim cahill a red card? he pulls out of it..it ain't even a yellow never mind a red! people are only kickin up more fuss cos it's cech and he has his harvey hat on

anelka was a penalty...really? the fact that howard was always lookin at the ball..turned to go towards the ball..anelka was lookin at howard and ploughed into him with his arms raised and almost took his head off? ok what if a winger plays the ball past a fullback and clotheslines the fullback on the way is that a foul on the winger cos the fullback was there?

the man is a grade a nob head of the highest order and talks more rhubarb than me mam

Chelsea fan here - on the penalty decision given you are half right. Of course under the laws that wasn't a foul, and strictly it wasn't even obstruction (which is only an indirect free kick anyway). But under the interpretations week in week out, refs will always give that as a direct free kick foul / penalty. I think it is wrong - but they are consistent on that, and all strikers take advantage of it. (Then there was also the Coleman foul on Ashley Cole that was a clear penalty and Red card - but we don't get them given to us much - one in two is at least better than 0 out of 3 a week ago).

On Cahill/Cech - likely was an accident.

On the Neville incident - this is what he had to say:

But hang on a bit - how does that fit with the video evidence? First, Neville clatters Malouda just a minute earlier, so his evidence doesn't sound very reliable. Then lets look. Can anyone see the stamp? Can anyone see the slap? And where was the slap - on Nevilles eyes/forehead which he clutches at first? or on his chin which he is rubbing after? And does anyone really think Neville comes out of it like a hero?

Watch the video before you comment please.

are you on a wind up? yes he does slap neville, which he reacts unlike any chelsea player would and the only reason malouda stayed on the pitch. the attempted stamp has got two everton players sent off in are last 3 matches so stop your bitchin about neville and referees when your team was lucky to get a point.

that graham poll article is a piss take. definitely no loss to the game that man, we should have had 8 men and chelsea 2 pens?? no wonder we was bottom half club when he was around, cost us more points than any other ref

Of his role in creating the Blues leveller, Baines added: “I picked the ball up, somebody shouted ‘man on’ and it was Didier Drogba so I thought I had better run away!

:rofl:

haha quality! Gotta love bainsey!

Just for the record on the Neville/Malouda incident, it was all a bunch of nothing. The tackle was a bit reckless (possible booking) and Maloudas reply was a minor brush on the face (also a booking). I think the ref was right to just let them both go, id rather see ref's let that type of thing go with a shake of the hands then mostly unnecesary yellows.

Cech/Cahill was nothing

Coleman/Cole didnt look great when I saw it real time, but Cole doesnt get near the ball anyway. Another day it might have been a penalty but seeing as the first clearly wasnt, its even enough in my book.