IGNORED

Chelsea (Away)

Romey 1878

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the vanilla kit alot. will deffo get it. Shame we will get battered on its first outing, even though chelsea are not playing well. they will have no bother against us.

It'd be just like us to put in a performance and get something from this.

I'd not go as far as to tip against Chelsea but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a point :) .

Match Ticket £49

Train Ticket £32

Beer £20

Food £10

To come away without a defeat F***ING PRICELESS. :D

Lets just hope last weeks wake up call has filtered through to all and we turn up, play our game, which when on top form can live with the best in the league and come away with something positive.

Oh, yeah 1-1 for me. :)

Dont fancy it and we really havent played that well against the bigger teams and they have been at home.

We were average for most of the Man Utd match and very poor for the first 60mins against Arsenal.

I fear we could get steam rollered but I think the re-introduction of a rusty Felli will give us a big boost. It will be interesting to see who he starts alongside in the centre of midfield and I hope Yakubu starts.

This could be a game where Moyes decides to be bold and start two up front (Yak & Beckford), it would probably be the wrong time considering we just played West Brom at home, but he has done it randomly a couple of times before and it might work.

Most of all I just hope we show heart and get in Chelseas faces. Get Cahill leaving the boot in early and show Chelsea we are up for a fight. If we sit back and let them play we will get mauled, simple as that...

Match Ticket £49

Train Ticket £32

Beer £20

Food £10

To come away without a defeat F***ING PRICELESS. :D

Lets just hope last weeks wake up call has filtered through to all and we turn up, play our game, which when on top form can live with the best in the league and come away with something positive.

Oh, yeah 1-1 for me. :)

Lol you need to spend less on food and more on beer fat lad!

:P

1-0 Everton Becks to score

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Time for Moyes to get his balls out of his pocket... one thing is for certain, the way to halt a worrying dip in form and a severe lack of goals is NOT to go to Stamford Bridge and try to shut up shop. They've had a blip themselves, we've nothing to lose really, might as well go there and really have a go at them, try to put them under pressure early on to knock them off their stride and see if we can finally break the goal drought. I wanna see an attacking side out along the lines of:

----------Howard

Neville--Jags--Distin--Baines

---------Fellaini

--Vic/Coleman--Cahill--Pienaar

------Beckford--Yak

facebook sources? :P i got the same ones!

yeah jags out could be a blessing really cos heitinga gets his favoured position and jags really hasn't been at his best lately...as for right back hopefully neville will be fit cos i don't fancy coleman vs malouda

Haha Damn you! :lol:

yeah jags out could be a blessing really cos heitinga gets his favoured position and jags really hasn't been at his best lately...as for right back hopefully neville will be fit cos i don't fancy coleman vs malouda

I'm hoping the same. Although, he could play him with Coleman on the wing, and ask them to do the same job as they did against Bale a few weeks back. However, I reckon he might just play Hibbo at right back, shifting Neville to centre mid and Heits into defence.

My Team would be

Howard

Neville - Hiets - Distin - Baines

Anichebe - Cahill - Fellani - Pienaar

Beckford - Yakubu

I would possible consider putting in Osman for Becks, and move Cahill a bit forward, but as Becks is pretty much the only striker that's even creating chances at the moment, I feel it'd be stupid leave him out.

Having said that, Chelsea are a strong team physically, and that's why I've put in Chebes ahead of Mustard or Billy on the wing. I think the midfield has got decent strength and bite and I think we need to get at Chelsea, the same way as Sunderland did a few weeks back. For me a 442 formation is a must, none of the 4-5-1 crap.

I'd approach this match the same way as Bruce did; at the moment you couldn't really say this is a winnable game (considering our recent form), so we might as well just go for it. I'd send the lads out saying "I don't care if we win or lose this game. I just want you to go out there, attack, attack, attack and just try and score some goals, don't worry about the score the other end, just make sure we score, make sure we take our chances and try and get back, if not to winning, then at least to knowing-where-the-back-of-the-net-is ways. "

My prediction: 7-6 to Chelsea!

Edited by wallwriter

Time for Moyes to get his balls out of his pocket... one thing is for certain, the way to halt a worrying dip in form and a severe lack of goals is NOT to go to Stamford Bridge and try to shut up shop. They've had a blip themselves, we've nothing to lose really, might as well go there and really have a go at them, try to put them under pressure early on to knock them off their stride and see if we can finally break the goal drought. I wanna see an attacking side out along the lines of:

----------Howard

Neville--Jags--Distin--Baines

---------Fellaini

--Vic/Coleman--Cahill--Pienaar

------Beckford--Yak

Id go wiht that, was thinking about putting Rodwell in though, and Jags needs to be subbed:

----------Howard

Neville--Johnny--Distin--Baines

---------Fellaini

--Coleman--Rodwell--Pienaar

------Cahill--Yak

Think we need Coleman in, we need someone with pace tracking Malouda, like its been said, those 2 shut Bale out completely.

Edited by Matt

only reason they snuffed bale out is cos neville isn't as adventurous as maicon meaning bale didn't get the 40 yards he needs behind a full back to beat them..malouda is a different ball game if you ask me much more clever player and neville will need all his experience to better him..and coleman's pure enthusiasm too

I haven't seen anybody post it yet but this game is Moyes' 400th in charge of Everton. I wonder if this means he won't f*ck about with the team too much and actually aim to get a good result!

Yeah, saw that. also read:

"“At the moment it is not working out that way so I have to change and make sure I get a team that at least gets back to showing they have got a bit of fire in their bellies.”"

errr.... yeah, right.

Head-to-head

• Everton's only ever Premier League win at Stamford Bridge came in November 1994 when Paul Rideout's goal gave the visitors a 1-0 win.

• Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 15 league home games against Everton but the last four in a row have ended as draws.

• Everton ended a run of 18 Premier League games and 24 in all competitions without a win against Chelsea when they won 2-1 at Goodison Park in their most recent meeting.

Chelsea

• Despite Chelsea's recent defensive woes, Petr Cech has kept eight Premier League clean sheets this season, more than any other goalkeeper.

• Didier Drogba has scored six goals in nine Premier League appearances against Everton.

• They have not lost consecutive league games at Stamford Bridge since May 2002.

Everton

• Everton have drawn four of their last five Premier League away games and the last three in a row.

• They have managed only three top-flight wins this season, but have lost only five of their last 26 league matches.

• David Moyes's men are winless in their previous five outings.

• Tim Cahill has scored six goals in his last nine league appearances.

Edited by Matt