IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

So what happens if Mrs. Matt makes $76k and decides not to pay? Is it just the passport that is revoked or citizenship too ? Can she essentially become nationless?

Do they send this guy?

09.jpg

i think they can throw you in jail upon re-entry for tax evasion. or you can reach a deal with the IRS to pay what you owe plus interest or somewhere in between.

So what happens if Mrs. Matt makes $76k and decides not to pay? Is it just the passport that is revoked or citizenship too ? Can she essentially become nationless?

Do they send this guy?

09.jpg

Wouldn't like to deal with one of his lads! a certain Wyatt...the other one, Bo, he is nowhere near intimidating! :lol:

I don't have any one thing to moan about this week. I appreciate we're lucky in some capacity it's not worse.

-My bday last Tuesday - Ended up in A&E when my son tripped over at nursery and the outside of his eye socket met the corner of a wooden sandpit. An inch the wrong way and he'd have lost his sight.

- Later that day,my phone (Samsung S6) decided it wanted to malfunction and has been overheating and switching itself off for the last week. Not able to access my phone atr all, inc. emails from a recruitment agency about my interview today).

- Went to the lakes for 3 days, to get the news midway that my prized Angel fish had died.

- Last night, we (all 3) were involved in an RTA because someone was looking at his phone on a bypass and didn't notice we were stationary in a traffic queue. Just waiting for a hire car (to get me to my interview) which was meant to be here by 9am (still not). Don't have a phone to receive calls or emails from one of my personal accounts.

We have our health and everyone's OK for the most part. Need to get this job though, otherwise it'll become a week i'd rather forget!

I don't have any one thing to moan about this week. I appreciate we're lucky in some capacity it's not worse.

-My bday last Tuesday - Ended up in A&E when my son tripped over at nursery and the outside of his eye socket met the corner of a wooden sandpit. An inch the wrong way and he'd have lost his sight.

- Later that day,my phone (Samsung S6) decided it wanted to malfunction and has been overheating and switching itself off for the last week. Not able to access my phone atr all, inc. emails from a recruitment agency about my interview today).

- Went to the lakes for 3 days, to get the news midway that my prized Angel fish had died.

- Last night, we (all 3) were involved in an RTA because someone was looking at his phone on a bypass and didn't notice we were stationary in a traffic queue. Just waiting for a hire car (to get me to my interview) which was meant to be here by 9am (still not). Don't have a phone to receive calls or emails from one of my personal accounts.

We have our health and everyone's OK for the most part. Need to get this job though, otherwise it'll become a week i'd rather forget!

Nightmare. They say 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger', you should be able to take on Geoff Capes after all that. All the best mate,hope you get the job.

Insuring my new car this afternoon, tried to do it online but but it wouldn't have it and told me to ring the call center, which I did. Needed a multi-car policy because I need to keep the old one as well for a bit because the MOT on it runs out at the end of next month so I want to get a new one before selling it. Problem I/they (lovely lady and very helpful) encountered was that a claim I had with a previous company had been recorded on the insurance underwriter's database as happening twice (I was stationary in a car-park and a guy reversed into me). So according to the database I'd had two incidents on the same day, one of which was my fault and the other one I wasn't at fault. Now I know for certain that the other guy's insurance company paid up so I didn't lose no-claims and it didn't cost my insurers a bean.

The woman said she'd never come across this situation before and neither had her boss who came on the line, but they had to quote me assuming I was at fault (which added about £100 to the premium :dry:). Now I have to get in touch with my old insurance company and get them to put in writing that my story is right then get back to the new people who'll get the database amended and process a refund. I was on the phone for an hour and ten minutes including time on hold. Madness.

My car broke down (Ford Galaxy) and have to buy a new one.

As I know nothing about cars, I hate the process of buying a new one because I constantly feel taken advantage of by car salesmen.

After some research I think I will either buy a Toyota Rav4, Peugeot 5008 or Renault Kadjar. If I go for a second-hand car, I can get a BMW X1 for the same price as those three, but it's 2 years old with 20.000 miles on the meter.

If any car-people on here, any advice is very welcome.

Edited by holystove

I would never buy a new car. The day you drive it home, the experience costs you 30%+ depreciation. I always go for a low mileage used car with reliable history.

That BMW with 20,000 on the clock sounds the best bet, its hardly 'run-in' with that mileage. Can't remember what the warranty period is on BMW, if it has expired, try and get an extension as part of the deal and at the very least make sure it has had a full service.

When you go in the showroom, kick a few tyres, they will think you're an expert! :D

Edited by johnh

I would never buy a new car. The day you drive it home, the experience costs you 30%+ depreciation. I always go for a low mileage used car with reliable history.

That BMW with 20,000 on the clock sounds the best bet, its hardly 'run-in' with that mileage. Can't remember what the warranty period is on BMW, if it has expired, try and get an extension as part of the deal and at the very least make sure it has had a full service.

When you go in the showroom, kick a few tyres, they will think you're an expert! :D

Agreed. I only bought new so I could trade the old one in, second hand market in Switzerland is a little tricky

Don't buy any of that French shite. Literally the stuff falls apart as you drive it.

Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen and to an extent Renault. Don't bother.

If you don't have the budget for a German or Japanese brand then you'd be better suited to a Kia or Hyundai than any of the French/Italian scrap.

Buying used will save you a fortune, look at nearly new as well, something that is 18 months to 3 years old will save thousands on a brand new car.

Had one or the other all my driving life, never had issues with them

StevO's my go-to guy for car info.

I've had Peugeots for twenty-plus years and been pretty happy overall but jumping ship (today coincidentally) and picking up my "new" Audi at 2.00pm. Good dealership I think, RAC approved and it comes with an eighty-two point preparation check, full service, new MOT, years RAC breakdown cover/warranty and a blow job from the receptionist. 37,000 miles on the clock (the car, not the receptionist).