IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

I make no secret of the fact I have a genuine animosity for weather people, what qualifications or talents do you need to do become one of these people anyway, as from what I've seen for as long as I can remember, the majority are simply five fifths of useless

Was told yesterday there would be heavy rain today, did they slip it out the back door or something, and last night, 'plummeting temperatures of near icy proportions', lo and behold it was hardly below double figures dry.png

And they get paid a handsome sum for just standing there for about 45 seconds a time, twice a day, getting everything wrong and smiling away, horrible fucks. I'd like to round up some of these weather people in a room with no windows. It wouldn't be anything pretty, it would be flat out brutality

well I take some comfort at least that I'm not alone with my impressions of these individuals -

http://www.cuntscorn...hp?cunt_id=9746

Only weather I look at is BBC Wales 6:30am and 6:55pm, need it for my job. pisses me off when national BBC presenters put their damn hands in the way of Wales when showing ''Londoners'' if they need coat walking to their car! If your job don't involve needing to study the weather to plan your day then your in a good job!sad.png

I make no secret of the fact I have a genuine animosity for weather people, what qualifications or talents do you need to do become one of these people anyway, as from what I've seen for as long as I can remember, the majority are simply five fifths of useless

Was told yesterday there would be heavy rain today, did they slip it out the back door or something, and last night, 'plummeting temperatures of near icy proportions', lo and behold it was hardly below double figures dry.png

And they get paid a handsome sum for just standing there for about 45 seconds a time, twice a day, getting everything wrong and smiling away, horrible fucks. I'd like to round up some of these weather people in a room with no windows. It wouldn't be anything pretty, it would be flat out brutality

well I take some comfort at least that I'm not alone with my impressions of these individuals -

http://www.cuntscorn...hp?cunt_id=9746

Are you talking about South today? i noticed you are in Southampton, im only up in Chichester, so we get that here, 6 out of 7 days in a week they get the weather wrong. Edited by theprisoner

This year will be the 25th anniversary of that Hurricane in the South East, and someone that day frantically phoned in -'Er, I heard there was a hurricane coming, what should we do etc'

'No need to worry, there will be no such thing, just some strong winds across The Bay of Biscay and Northern France, nothing to worry about'

These people couldn't find a hooker in a whorehouse dry.png

People who don't use full stops.

like these people.....?

This year will be the 25th anniversary of that Hurricane in the South East, and someone that day frantically phoned in -'Er, I heard there was a hurricane coming, what should we do etc'

'No need to worry, there will be no such thing, just some strong winds across The Bay of Biscay and Northern France, nothing to worry about'

These people couldn't find a hooker in a whorehouse dry.png

on a side note of the weather people...the fact that bbc need 1 million people per show to do the news

haha, my mums friend who was with us was just about too i think, then fortunately they got up and left, it was so bad, ive never been an angel, but i would never have been allowed to behave in a restaurant the way those 2 kids did. id have had my arse kicked

Edited by tenaciousj

What is all this pedantic bullshit?

Some people don't use full stops, it's intentional if done, not because they are stupid or don't know what one is, we just prefer not to use them

There's a certain Everton site that is very strict on things like that, everything has to be immaculately presented or an inevitable bitching and moaning from editors soon arises (you missed out a letter or punctuation mark, we take issue with this etc) dry.png So Sorry and all -

What is all this pedantic bullshit?

Some people don't use full stops, it's intentional if done, not because they are stupid or don't know what one is, we just prefer not to use them

There's a certain Everton site that is very strict on things like that, everything has to be immaculately presented or an inevitable bitching and moaning from editors soon arises (you missed out a letter or punctuation mark, we take issue with this etc) dry.png So Sorry and all -

It is stupidity when someone doesn't know how to end a sentence with a full stop, and then starts a new sentence so it all mingles into one.

This is a what grinds your gears thread, and people who have no idea how to use a full stop grind my gears. Clear?

I haven't yet encountered one that charges that amount for a mere withdrawl, it's usually the foreign establishments that have a tendency to do it , 'Oh there's no ATM nearby, let's make some money out of it and charge extortionate prices to do it and inconvenience people'. Fuck them I say, as I'd only do it as a last resort and 99 per cent of the time withdraw cash from reliable banks and building societies

And isn't it fucking annoying when said foreigners are always on the phone rambling on with their trivial discussions in a language you can't understand. They don't say 'welcome, hello or thank you' or anything either. I mean we've taken the time to purchase something from their miserable establishment and they can't even acknowledge that dry.png

I can't believe people get upset by the mere omission of full stops at the end of sentences

Funny thing is though, that you do put full stops at the end of sentences (see your last but one post), just not at the end of paragraphs.

It's just a bit bizarre....were you trying to rebel in English class at school?

Not having a dig, just interested.