IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

I can't (sometimes) stand Dragons Den either, what a bunch of miserable pretentious cunts these people are.

Meaden - 'well I've never done any washing up myself, I've never got my hands dirty'

Jones - 'Well I've got about 17 million pounds in the bank'

Paphitis - 'I like to go out for some cruises on my private yacht'

My favorite ones were James Caan and that Australian one, Richard Farley I think it was, they were aware they were rich and successful but always kept it to themselves and were humble with it.

That said, Dragons aside and their little cunty attitudes, the show itself was sometimes worth a watch. My favorites would be those two who brought in a bed with a 'dividing line' down the middle, i.e it was a mattress with a line drawn down the middle, to stop couples from taking up each others bedspace, and this Foghorn Leghorn individual who just looked like he'd turned up after an all night rave, coming into the den and offering a share in some crisps or something, needless to say, that didn't last long. There actually is some genuine humor to be had with that show, but it can be a frustrating watch sometimes. dry.png

I actually like Dragons Den. Peter Jones built up his business empire from the age of 16 so I tip my hat to him, he's not arrogant either he's actually a really nice guy in the Den and only fires people off if they take the piss (for example; the dividing bed). Theo can be a bit of a tit at times but like Peter he's only ever rude/dissmissive if somebody is clearly wasting his time, James Caan is always polite too meaning that the only cunts on the show are Meaden and Bannatyne, I think it's actually a really good show if you can look past Duncan and Deborah.

Makes me laugh however how nobody invested in Trunki and now you see them everywhere!

I have to agree with that one. I saw that on Top Gear and whilst Peter Jones was quite funny Theo didn't really bring anything to the interview, I think it was Peter that was fastest too.

Speak of the devil, Top Gear just came on my telly!

Some kid asked me for Identification today when I went into a store and purchased some alcohol, I was so surprised I didn't know what to say at first.

I won't disclose my age but by god am well over the legal age limit, these fucking kids I suppose have a company policy to ask people these things (they were all younger than me incidentally, attempting a disingenous effort to do some work before closing) but being asked for damn ID things at my age is simply embarrassing, I didn't make a scene and they let me go on my way, I told them 'I don't carry any damn ID about for purchase of liquor' , but it was a bit embarrassing. mellow.png

Got through the scanner with some Greggs pasties without any hassle though. 'Are you old enough to eat those' etc

Some kid asked me for Identification today when I went into a store and purchased some alcohol, I was so surprised I didn't know what to say at first.

You have to look 25 or over otherwise it's policy for them to ask you for ID - I'd take it as a compliment.

I'm not 25 years old and didn't think I looked anything like it. And that's a load of fucking nonsense too, the legal age for purchase of alcohol in the United Kingdom in 18, yet they have store policies where if they don't think you're over 25 they won't let you leave with the goods. A few years ago in stores it was an '18 policy', then after that a '21 policy' and these days a '25 policy'

Where will all this fucking nonsense end, a - 'I was fighting in the Boer war with Winston Churchill and saw Dinosaurs roaming the lands policy'

It's merely getting a bit ridiculous now dry.png

it's cos of the punishment and fine available...it gives those working there a margin of error...i work in that industry and the amount of 'kids' i see that look a similar age to me is frightening...and i am 25 so i agree totally with it...i have a friend who couldn't get into cambridge cos he accidentally served a 17 year old who looked well over 21...got a criminal record for it...it's well worth pissin the odd person off to stop that imo

it's cos of the punishment and fine available...it gives those working there a margin of error...i work in that industry and the amount of 'kids' i see that look a similar age to me is frightening...and i am 25 so i agree totally with it...i have a friend who couldn't get into cambridge cos he accidentally served a 17 year old who looked well over 21...got a criminal record for it...it's well worth pissin the odd person off to stop that imo

Completely agree, if you're over the legal age, then why be offended? If they ask for ID, its not because you look immature or childish, its because its their job and they have to safeguard the premises and their job.

I should know better than to attempt any talk on the unmitigated fucking disaster that is ITV, but any berating it gets is fully justified. It's not the damn commercials every three minutes, even had them in a live game before, you know what I refer to - , it's not the annoying, boring, banal and irritating commentators this piece of shit channel always aligns itself with, it's not the every day, every week, every month, avalanche of absolute crap they put on, it's just that for as long as I can remember, there's always been this distate, something abhorrent, something that I took issue with, all said I'd only even tune in if it was of critical importance something I should see. There's been this distaste or loathing at some point and it's slowly manifested itself, Maybe I'm being too critical or harsh but it's how I truly feel about it sometimes.

And yes, Chiles is the epitome of a fat, banal, irritating slug, has a face you want to hit sometimes, but he's just the less of other evils for soccer commentators and 'analysists' they employ, but by god sometimes I just wish he would spontaneously combust or something.. dry.png That goddamn boring, dull Smith person is another who gets my back up, but I don't watch him anymore, or his minions come to think of it.